Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 08-01-2020, 15:19   #91
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
We have been told today by Media Boy Sources that they have seen information that said Sky are set to rebrand two Sky own channels as "Sky Action" and "Sky Drama".
Our scources are thinking Sky Two will become Sky Drama but are not sure about Sky Action.
I have been thinking more about that.

I think this will happen:

Sky Two > Sky Drama
SYFY > Sky Action (SYFY broadcasts Action series right now)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2020, 15:54   #92
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

I always liked the sound of Skyfy better.
Old 08-01-2020, 17:38   #93
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Erm. I'm not. That's the point.
I did wonder, but it wasn't clear whether you wanted HD or SD channels.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 20:19   #94
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Local TV Broadcaster "That's TV" rebrand some channels.

RXTV has reveal that "That's TV" has now rebranded some channels.

The following channels has been rebrand:

That's Norfolk > That's TV East
That's TV Swansea Bay > That's TV South Wales

That's TV East and That's TV South Wales can be found on Virgin UK Channel 159 in Norwich and Swansea areas.

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/that...structure.html

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-01-2020 at 20:25.
Old 08-01-2020, 20:24   #95
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I did wonder, but it wasn't clear whether you wanted HD or SD channels.
"Now the majority of VM customers will have to search for these channels far down the EPG" is pretty clear it's about the SD channels which had just been moved. I'm very pleased that the situation has now been resolved.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 20:25   #96
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that Virgin Media UK has started to LaLiga TV.

La Liga TV is testing on the following:

CO72:

SID 1304 (Broadcasting nothing)

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...&sec=0&lang=en

But SID 1303 is being unuse - An new HD Channel set to launch (Nick Jr. HD?)
Old 08-01-2020, 21:39   #97
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The other one JJ20X reported testing on the 3rd. Surprised it took so long to show on DBR.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 21:47   #98
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The other one JJ20X reported testing on the 3rd. Surprised it took so long to show on DBR.
I know that JJ20X did report on the 3rd abut La Liga TV but DBR has reveal that La Liga TV is now on CO 72 (Was CO 67) and has been given new SID - SID is now 1304 (Was 2096)

Look like Virgin Media are making room for an unkown HD Channel to launch on SID 1303 on CO 67.

I think DBR can only pick up to ??80 but due to Virgin testing La Liga TV up at 2096 they miss it - I mean DBR also miss MTV Classic testing.

(Note to others - La Liga TV was set to use ZooMoo HD old broadcast slot)

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-01-2020 at 22:07.
Old 09-01-2020, 00:54   #99
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I know that JJ20X did report on the 3rd abut La Liga TV but DBR has reveal that La Liga TV is now on CO 72 (Was CO 67) and has been given new SID - SID is now 1304 (Was 2096)

Look like Virgin Media are making room for an unkown HD Channel to launch on SID 1303 on CO 67.

I think DBR can only pick up to ??80 but due to Virgin testing La Liga TV up at 2096 they miss it - I mean DBR also miss MTV Classic testing.

(Note to others - La Liga TV was set to use ZooMoo HD old broadcast slot)
i assume la liga is free for people with the premier sports subscription?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:16   #100
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
You would have thought so.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:15   #101
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You would have thought so.
No package news available for La Liga TV via Virgin Media UK yet but I would think it will be free to anyone who got Premier Sports in (I am one).

But you may also can get La Liga TV on it own for £5.99 per month (Been confirmed for Sky Viewers).

Source: https://www.premiersports.com/footba...to-sky-tv.html

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 09-01-2020 at 12:22.
Old 09-01-2020, 17:09   #102
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

La Liga TV is confirmed as going to be on 554 (like MB said) and part of the Premier Sports pack according to network readings by JJ20X on Forumbox.
Old 09-01-2020, 17:47   #103
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have been thinking more about that.

I think this will happen:

Sky Two > Sky Drama
SYFY > Sky Action (SYFY broadcasts Action series right now)
I can easily see Sky2 being repurposed given that the repeats it currently shows can be easily redistributed across the broader portfolio.

Would they get rid of SYFY in the short term though? They are acquiring new shows for it (Blood & Treasure and Twilight Zone) as well as using it for Westworld repeats... plus like E!, it’s still a brand used across the NBCU footprint so does make me wonder if it may still have some life in it in the short to medium term.
Phunkenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 18:51   #104
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
I can easily see Sky2 being repurposed given that the repeats it currently shows can be easily redistributed across the broader portfolio.

Would they get rid of SYFY in the short term though? They are acquiring new shows for it (Blood & Treasure and Twilight Zone) as well as using it for Westworld repeats... plus like E!, it’s still a brand used across the NBCU footprint so does make me wonder if it may still have some life in it in the short to medium term.
Neither can I re: SyFy. The US version commissions their own shows and puts the branding on the start of them, so the SyFy branding would still be present. Sky1 shows more "action" shows than SyFy, but it's been around so long I can't see it disappearing any time soon.

Sky2 is a gonner though. I wouldn't even be that surprised if Witness was rebranded again.
Old 09-01-2020, 19:54   #105
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy HQ thinks we know why Virgin has to move La Liga TV to an new stream for.
We have seen on our TiVo box (As of January 9th) is reporting that ZooMoo HD is going to restart on January 21st on Virgin UK Channel 739.
Source: TiVo EPG.