Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | can you Copy from V+ box to a USB Flash drive

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

can you Copy from V+ box to a USB Flash drive

Old 14-06-2011, 20:59   #16
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: can you Copy from V+ box to a USB Flash drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
That's is - and if makes a cool clicking sound when you plug / unplug the cable
Sounds tempting. I'm off to have a look for a V+ box on fleabay
Old 14-06-2011, 22:01   #17
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
And the ethernet port is good for storing ethernet cables?
The really good thing about this is that it can store any length of cable so it's very flexible.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2011, 23:26   #18
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Hmmmm.....really? People complaining about an commission that wouldn't affect their box?, Nothing preventing VM from asterisking those connections that are not currently available?
I have no idea why they are not in use, maybe Spiderplant can answer this as it is his area of expertise.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 00:42   #19
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Up to and including the SA V+, the Ethernet port is connected to the internal cable modem and is designed for providing a broadband connection without the need for a standalone modem. However, the speeds aren't up to current standards, so this hasn't been offered to new customers for years.

On the newer boxes (Samsung V+, V-HD and TiVo) the Ethernet port is connected to the TV processor, and is designed for sharing content between boxes within the home. I doubt this will ever be offered on the V+, but it's very possible on the TiVo.

The USB port doesn't have a specific use in mind, but we usually add it 'just in case'.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 00:45   #20
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Up to and including the SA V+, the Ethernet port is connected to the internal cable modem and is designed for providing a broadband connection without the need for a standalone modem. However, the speeds aren't up to current standards, so this hasn't been offered to new customers for years.

On the newer boxes (Samsung V+, V-HD and TiVo) the Ethernet port is connected to the TV processor, and is designed for sharing content between boxes within the home. I doubt this will ever be offered on the V+, but it's very possible on the TiVo.

The USB port doesn't have a specific use in mind, but we usually add it 'just in case'.
We can hope. It would be awesome to allow recordings to be shared, especially on multiple TiVo boxes and perhaps a TiVo enabled VHD box sometime.....?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 11:11   #21
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I know for commercial reasons your probably not allowed to say but can you see a time were TIVO software is dropped onto the V-HD box and the box then having the ability to have recorded content sent to it from a TIVO box in another room ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 12:19   #22
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I know for commercial reasons your probably not allowed to say but can you see a time were TIVO software is dropped onto the V-HD box and the box then having the ability to have recorded content sent to it from a TIVO box in another room ?
It's not yet clear whether the TiVo software can run on the V-HD, but if it can, I'd hope it could be part of a multi-room system.

But it's early days for this. Naturally the main focus is on the PVR at the moment.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 12:33   #23
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It's not yet clear whether the TiVo software can run on the V-HD, but if it can, I'd hope it could be part of a multi-room system.

But it's early days for this. Naturally the main focus is on the PVR at the moment.
Yeah it would be a nice feature that for multiroom users if possible.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 16:25   #24
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

My thought is, that it is at least misleading advertising. Most normal people seeing USB or what ever else would take that to mean its usable.
I can just see a PC being advertised as with DVD rewriter ,3 USB ports buy it get it home & they don`t work - why they are disabled. Get real. At the very least don`t advertise them.
Making them part of the sales pitch it I feel is in breach of the sales of goods act. In as much that they are implying that it does what people would expect a USB port to do( & I dont mean a charger & I would guess that is not the answer you would get if you ask people in the street what a USB port does)

PS totally off subject. I personally got TUI ( Tomson Holidays) to change the advertisng in their
Platinum Brochure because of a mis-statement . -First drop off. At least one Hotel was second even if it was only 10 yards away & 5 minutes later. It was second .
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 17:53   #25
Phill451
Inactive

Phill451 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can record from you V+ box to a video recorder, DVD recorder or your computer.

However, recording is in real time. To select what you want to record from the V+ box press the V+ button on the remove, scroll to V+ Extra and press OK.

Choose the first option “copy to VCR/DVD” to access the screen where you can select what to record, start or stop recording etc.

To record you need a scart lead to connect to the Video scart connection on the back of the V+ box. To record to a Video recorder or DVD recorder connect the other end of the scart lead to recorder. You should then be able to see the V+ box via AV input on the recorder.

To capture to a computer, I use a scart lead that has composite red, white and yellow connectors at the other end. It might be possible to connect to you computer’s video capture card. However, I use a USB video capture device that comes with software to capture and edit. Such USB divices are a few pounds on eBay.mine came with a set up disc. It neeed a little fiddling to get to see the V+ box on the computer and a little fiddling to get the settings right. I record in WVM format but you can select DVD.

Hope this works for you.
Phill451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 22:31   #26
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Wonder if the OP is still around? (2010)
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote