Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2017, 20:06   #811
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Hypocrisy.
Are you calling Mick a hypocrite ? How very dare you
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2017, 20:18   #812
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
ok, I'll bite, point to my Brexit is dumb post....
(pauses while Mick spends the evening searching through 2 Years of posts )

I've maybe just put an alternative remain argument. If you want a boring echo chamber just say
Believe me, I have no intentions spending the night searching and trailing through your posts, I don’t need to. The search facility on this forum is top notch and I’ve found a few in seconds, where you’ve called the decision daft, which is just as similar.
Old 16-11-2017, 21:24   #813
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
ok, I'll bite, point to my Brexit is dumb post....
(pauses while Mick spends the evening searching through 2 Years of posts )

I've maybe just put an alternative remain argument. If you want a boring echo chamber just say
At the end of the day, it's Trump's buddy Putin who wants to divide the UK. Credit where it's due, Theresa May had the courage to call Putin out.
Old 16-11-2017, 21:43   #814
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
At the end of the day, it's Trump's buddy Putin who wants to divide the UK. Credit where it's due, Theresa May had the courage to call Putin out.
What absolute bollocks.

Putin did not influence my vote or anyone else’s in the UK FFS. It’s another crappy excuse for the lefties and liberals to blame the loss on something. It’s pathetic desperation.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:03   #815
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
What absolute bollocks.

Putin did not influence my vote or anyone else’s in the UK FFS. It’s another crappy excuse for the lefties and liberals to blame the loss on something. It’s pathetic desperation.
Putin saught to divide the country between leavers and remainers. It's not terribly hard to work it out and to her credit Theresa May has done exactly this. No one has inferred that the troll farms favoured one side or the other; they just seek to divide us.
Please, raise your self above the leaver-remainer divide that our enemies relish and be proud of the democratic institution that is the United Kingdom.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:06   #816
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Plenty on the right are also concerned about Russia's interference. There is a difference between saying it certainly influenced anyone's vote and saying it happened. This concern has existed for a long time. Russia have long used propaganda to try and undermine Western alliances and institutions.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:13   #817
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Putin saught to divide the country between leavers and remainers. It's not terribly hard to work it out and to her credit Theresa May has done exactly this. No one has inferred that the troll farms favoured one side or the other; they just seek to divide us.
Please, raise your self above the leaver-remainer divide that our enemies relish and be proud of the democratic institution that is the United Kingdom.
No, what divides us is the ridicule from some of the Remainers, that the wrong decision was made, and people don’t know what they were voting for, that we need another referendum.

It’s rhetoric like this from people in this Country, not Russia, that creates the divide, you and your remainer buddies have played a key role in this division.

And I couldn’t give a stuff what Theresa May says, and neither do you 99% of the other times, but because her argument fits your anti-brexit narrative, it suddenly suits you. How convenient.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:29   #818
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Plenty on the right are also concerned about Russia's interference. There is a difference between saying it certainly influenced anyone's vote and saying it happened. This concern has existed for a long time. Russia have long used propaganda to try and undermine Western alliances and institutions.
You're up against a brick wall on this Damien. It's not about verifiable facts. The "my team's better than your team" debate has been around for centuries but shows no sign of going away.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:31   #819
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It’s rhetoric like this from people in this Country, not Russia, that creates the divide, you and your remainer buddies have played a key role in this division.
Think you overestimate the power of this forum and its influence Mick ! The country is very divided, hard line 'no deal' Brexiters will make it increasingly so.

Quote:
And I couldn’t give a stuff what Theresa May says
This is outrageous ! She is our strong and stable glorious leader, who says 'Brexit means Brexit' ( which means sausages ?? ).

It is interesting how little the Russians care what she says, not only is it down to her weakness but how inconsequential we are. This will be more so outside the EU; divide and conquer is Putin's modus operandi.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:35   #820
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The country was divided badly during and since the referendum. A close vote either way meant it was always going to remain so, we knew that in the final weeks of the campaign. The polling evidence we have suggests little movement either. It's always around 50/50 for right/wrong to leave.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:37   #821
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
to divide and conquer is Putin's modus operandi.
The only people who dispute this are - unsurprisingly - Putin's posters. I'm sure his troll farms posted on both sides of the debate.
A patriot like me - who loves his country despite the turmoil at the moment -wants to heal the wounds.
And I say once again to Mick - who I'm sure is a fellow patriotic Brit who would share a few beers with me in other circumstances - let's not fall for Putin's tricks and let's put the great into Britain.
Old 16-11-2017, 22:54   #822
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
And I say once again to Mick - who I'm sure is a fellow patriotic Brit who would share a few beers with me in other circumstances - let's not fall for Putin's tricks and let's put the great into Britain.
As long as Mick gets his round in first I'll join you !

However there does seem to be an element on the right wing affluent leave side that enjoys and actively seeks division. Maybe they see it as a way of increasingly dividing society in their favour.
Old 16-11-2017, 23:05   #823
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
As long as Mick gets his round in first I'll join you !

However there does seem to be an element on the right wing affluent leave side that enjoys and actively seeks division. Maybe they see it as a way of increasingly dividing society in their favour.
Divide and rule is a cynical but practical approach from the governing elite whether your name is Putin, Trump or Rees-Mogg.
Looking forward to Mick naming the pub. Hope it's English ale he's buying and not some American bitter or Eurofizz lager!
Old 16-11-2017, 23:07   #824
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

People are prone to division when they don't empathise with the other side, there is a reason it's always worse and angrier on the internet when you can't see the person on the other end.
Old 16-11-2017, 23:09   #825
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
People are prone to division when they don't empathise with the other side, there is a reason it's always worse and angrier on the internet when you can't see the person on the other end.
Totally agree and like most of the country I've plenty of friends who voted each way. That doesn't make either side bad people.

I just don't see things as simple left v right. That was probably correct in the 1970s but things change.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 16-11-2017 at 23:16.
Closed Thread