Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2017, 16:11   #61
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
One eyed and slanted? So you have no argument to support your view, then?

You may choose to disbelieve what is going on out there, Den, but much of my prediction in this respect is in line with the industry view.

I didn't say there was no rubbish on Netflix. I said there was a better balance, with a lot of good quality original shows.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Well, yet again you are failing to recall that my prediction is for 20 years' time.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:42 ----------

I am sure that VM would have taken Sky Atlantic like a shot if it was offered on reasonable terms. I seem to recall, Sky wanted VM to pay for a big proportion of their setting up and production costs, which is not how this normally works.

The fact that we are likely to get the channel in SD only is surely evidence that Sky are seeking to maintain an advantage. Why on Earth would VM want to take a prestige channel like Sky Atlantic in SD only? I have little doubt that this is Sky and their nasty little tricks.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this as vm aren't as innocent as they make out, i'm surprised anyone wants to do business with them tbh with they way vm constantly go crying to ofcom.
I'm not defending SKY but i don't think SKY are entirely to blame for SA not being on vm.
I've said it many times vm messed up by selling their channels i know vm got a load of HD etc but money would of talked there and vm would of still had channels to use as leverage.
If SKY were really this spiteful nasty monster some claim then why are the rest of the SKY channels on vm, SKY could easily of said "no thankyou" but they didn't.
Same as some shout BT are a nasty spiteful monster, if they are then why did they allow vm to have BTsport in xl pack?
The reality is SKY,VM,BT etc are as bad as each other and need their heads banging together.
Ultimately with all their bickering it ends up being us the consumer that pays for it.
Advertisement
Old 29-12-2017, 16:19   #62
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree on this as vm aren't as innocent as they make out, i'm surprised anyone wants to do business with them tbh with they way vm constantly go crying to ofcom.
I'm not defending SKY but i don't think SKY are entirely to blame for SA not being on vm.
I've said it many times vm messed up by selling their channels i know vm got a load of HD etc but money would of talked there and vm would of still had channels to use as leverage.
If SKY were really this spiteful nasty monster some claim then why are the rest of the SKY channels on vm, SKY could easily of said "no thankyou" but they didn't.
Same as some shout BT are a nasty spiteful monster, if they are then why did they allow vm to have BTsport in xl pack?
The reality is SKY,VM,BT etc are as bad as each other and need their heads banging together.
Ultimately with all their bickering it ends up being us the consumer that pays for it.
Maybe you are right, and you have your sources, of course. Personally, though, I find it difficult to believe that VM would just sit on their hands while their subscribers were crying out for this channel.

I suppose we should just be grateful we are getting it at all, but I for one will continue to watch SA programmes via Now TV until such time as they eventually provide the channel in HD..
Old 29-12-2017, 22:31   #63
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

I think the more important discussion about Sky Atlantic coming to VM is whether VM customers will have access to the channels back catalogue and box sets.
Most of the shows on SA have one or multiple seasons, if VM are just going to get the linear channel its going to be quite meaningless to many customers unless they have the chance to catch up on the shows its airing.
I would suggest this is nothing more than a money grab by Sky unless there is a comprehensive back catalogue along side the linear channel and those that have secured its content via other means will continue to use those other resources.
Old 29-12-2017, 23:02   #64
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I could not agree more with theone2K10.

I have said before on this forum that VM were offered SA many times at a reasonable rate, but typical VM they want channels on the cheap.

BUT, with BT and SKY agreeing to share channels, VM should jump at the chance to get these channels and pass on the channels to it loyal customers - for which l am not.

VM do not provide a good service in my view - again today , l have had trouble with VM.

I am sure some members will say that l am ranting. But, if am l paying a lot of hard earned money each money to get at least 80% service. Then they are worth it.

In 2018, VM will again increase the prices more than once, and take channels off. And yet, with the channels merge with Sky, and BT. It should be cheaper for customers.

But yes, l agree that each of them should bang there heads together. And put customers first and treat them with upmost respect
Old 29-12-2017, 23:52   #65
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

I have said before on this forum that VM were offered SA many times at a reasonable rate, but typical VM they want channels on the cheap.

BUT, with BT and SKY agreeing to share channels, VM should jump at the chance to get these channels and pass on the channels to it loyal customers - for which l am not.

VM do not provide a good service in my view - again today , l have had trouble with VM.

I am sure some members will say that l am ranting. But, if am l paying a lot of hard earned money each money to get at least 80% service. Then they are worth it.

In 2018, VM will again increase the prices more than once, and take channels off. And yet, with the channels merge with Sky, and BT. It should be cheaper for customers.

But yes, l agree that each of them should bang there heads together. And put customers first and treat them with upmost respect
You pay good money you have the right to expect a good service in return, on a good news info has filtered through to me today vm will be getting SA and the hd variant early 2019 once SA is on other platforms.
No news on AMC yet, our sources say BT have no interest in dealing with vm at this time, we think this is due to VMs childish behaviour over eiresport but we have no doubt vm and bt will sort things out eventually.
We expect VM to focus more on VOD in 2018 and we think this will be the scenerio for other platforms too, we also expect Discovery uhd to launch in 2018 on SKY and VM, Nat geo are another who we think will launch a UHD service.
By service we mean it could be a channel or vod content, we don't think Amazon will appear on v6 in 2018 but we expect vm to pick up more scraps i mean shows no one else wants.
We have heard that vm are trialing faster broadband too i will keep you all posted on this as much as i can.
Old 29-12-2017, 23:56   #66
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Lets summarise this people as I drink my second bottle of wine:

1) Sky do offer Sky Atlantic to VM but they offer a rip off price
2) VM don't want to buy Sky Atlantic as they're cheap and are trying to increase profits as i believe Liberty want to push profits up in the UK business to either balance the books elsewhere or make vm more attractive to purchase
3) Sky and BT will get other directors who will honestly believe in their stupidity withholding channels from the other even one stupid channel will get more money for their company by getting new subscribers. This daft policy rolls around in cycles. It will be the next directors "opinion" once this current direction of detente fails. They'll be on 200k a year with this bold new approach and i'm barely on 25k and living in my mums boxroom
4) Premier league rights will increase
5) Streaming services will multiply so the likes of just having amazon, netflix won't be enough. Disney will activate one. NBC will. Shows will start getting squeezed between more providers so it'll cost about 70 quid to get all the streaming shows. So the difference between that and normal cable or satelite will decrease
6) one or more of streaming companies will buy or be bought by a tv provider so the status quo remains
7) people will continue to move to streaming sites and cutting the cord but we must realise that it is cheaper sometimes to get tv and internet with broadband providers. Most people over 40 will not touch this. My sister is 36 and couldnt just deal with streaming sites. My mum is in her 60s and definitely couldnt. We're about 30 years from this actually happening though sports may head over there shortly.
8) price increases
9) this forum continuing to be a beautiful place for us all to share the joy and love of price increases and unexpected joys/disappointments.

These are my predictions. If i get 5 out of 9 right call me Lord Vincent of cableforum.

Now lets all hug and make up and I bless you all for 2018. I love you all. It'll be a fantastic show of terrible disappointments and much laughter

Last edited by vincerooney; 29-12-2017 at 23:57. Reason: .
Old 30-12-2017, 01:17   #67
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

As above in bold, how the hell do you know that????
Old 30-12-2017, 01:58   #68
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

reasonable rate how many times have sky been told off by Ofcom for overcharging Arthur more than 1 put it that way they offered a high rate knowing no sensible company would pay it

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Quote:
would have lot less channels no way they would got the hd channels without selling they channels to sky most VM customers complained about not having the HD channels and I was one of them I say again VM did right thing on this
Old 30-12-2017, 10:10   #69
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
reasonable rate how many times have sky been told off by Ofcom for overcharging Arthur more than 1 put it that way they offered a high rate knowing no sensible company would pay it

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

would have lot less channels no way they would got the hd channels without selling they channels to sky most VM customers complained about not having the HD channels and I was one of them I say again VM did right thing on this
Actally, we agree on both points!

However, I would just add that VM should never have had to face the position of having to sell its channels to get this deal.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Quote:
You pay good money you have the right to expect a good service in return, on a good news info has filtered through to me today vm will be getting SA and the hd variant early 2019 once SA is on other platforms.
No news on AMC yet, our sources say BT have no interest in dealing with vm at this time, we think this is due to VMs childish behaviour over eiresport but we have no doubt vm and bt will sort things out eventually.
We expect VM to focus more on VOD in 2018 and we think this will be the scenerio for other platforms too, we also expect Discovery uhd to launch in 2018 on SKY and VM, Nat geo are another who we think will launch a UHD service.
By service we mean it could be a channel or vod content, we don't think Amazon will appear on v6 in 2018 but we expect vm to pick up more scraps i mean shows no one else wants.
We have heard that vm are trialing faster broadband too i will keep you all posted on this as much as i can.
Thank you for the update, theone - that's better news on Sky Atlantic.

I certainly do agree that on demand services is where the expansion of content will take place in the future, and this is likely to be the means by which we receive our future UHD programming.

I hope you are wrong about Amazon! I think the sticking point might be related to the Amazon channels.
Old 30-12-2017, 11:50   #70
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin's main selling point will always be Broadband just as Sky's is Television. It really depends which all round offering suits your households needs the best.
Old 30-12-2017, 13:28   #71
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Virgin's main selling point will always be Broadband just as Sky's is Television. It really depends which all round offering suits your households needs the best.
This when i was with vm before the fallout i saw the tv part as a added bonus all be it at a cost but i took vm solely for broadband, the tv was just a added extra bonus.

Whilst i'm online i'd like to wish all members and staff all the best for the new year.
Old 30-12-2017, 13:29   #72
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Sky will always have another USP. I think Sky Atlantic may arrive on VM soon, at the same time Sky Launch an exclusive Sky Atlantic UHD?
Old 30-12-2017, 13:36   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
+1
Old 30-12-2017, 13:40   #74
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

I access Sky Atlantic, now and again via NOWTV, it would be nice to have it included on VM, keeping my TV selection neat and tidy.
Old 30-12-2017, 13:50   #75
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
I access Sky Atlantic, now and again via NOWTV, it would be nice to have it included on VM, keeping my TV selection neat and tidy.
That's exactly it, Nick, and for the same reason I want Amazon so that all my streaming services are in one place. If we are getting Sky Atlantic HD in 2019, I will no longer need Now TV.
Closed Thread