Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 01-05-2018, 19:18   #5281
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I have small flies in my kitchen ,how do I get rid of them, anybody know, ?
Tiny little bugs... if you have house plants they probably hatched out from the compost. Fly killer.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2018, 21:16   #5282
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Tiny little bugs... if you have house plants they probably hatched out from the compost. Fly killer.
Or they hatched from the eggs implanted in someone's ear...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 23:51   #5283
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

We discover because we had a problem with a blocked drain and some water was coming back into the house ,it caused a dampness and flies to gather. We got them all away with a strong ant spray. Hopefully they will not return, but will keep spraying for a few days.

I never have house plants as I am not good with them,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:01   #5284
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Nothing worse than seeing one of your children totally broken and utterly miserable.

This is hearbreaking as a parent to witness.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:03   #5285
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

My thoughts are with my Dad today as it was 36 years ago when it ship was hit in the Falklands war and 20 people lost their lives in the sinking of a Royal Navy destroyer.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:44   #5286
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My thoughts are with my Dad today as it was 36 years ago when it ship was hit in the Falklands war and 20 people lost their lives in the sinking of a Royal Navy destroyer.
Thinking of you and your Dad today, Den
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 13:21   #5287
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Old 04-05-2018, 16:37   #5288
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Should have been going out tonight for a meal to celebrate my Nan's birthday. Not happening now obviously. Why are the good taken so soon?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:32   #5289
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
Should have been going out tonight for a meal to celebrate my Nan's birthday. Not happening now obviously. Why are the good taken so soon?
Old 08-05-2018, 15:55   #5290
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Royal mail have lost a parcel I was expecting despite it being a full tracked delivery.
They know they screwed up but don't know whats wrong except the tracking info makes no sense and the local depot refuses to look for it as the tracking info doesn't tell them where to look despite it being the last place we were sure it was at.

Waited three months for the contents of the package to be made and sent so even more frustrating. Item will cost three times more if I buy it again.

They had one job....
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 13:02   #5291
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I really hope that I'm wrong I truly do, but I just can't help the feeling that my son has not got the job he went for yesterday as a few things make me think this.

At the interview they never spoke about his past or current jobs/work, notice period plus they never mentioned a start date.

My son said the interview did last for 45 minutes with the usual competency based questions and they explained the post etc but as I have previously stated they never asked about his employment history, notice period nor starting date for the job.

So I'm thinking this is not a good sign as in my experience employers usually ask these questions or has things changed or am I reading too much into this?

Any feedback would be much appreciated thank you

One can only hope that I'm reading too much into these details and they never asked these questions as they were provided when when he applied for this job

Last edited by weenie; 10-05-2018 at 13:11.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 13:10   #5292
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I really hope that I'm wrong I truly do, but I just can't help the feeling that my son has not got the job he went for yesterday as a few things make me think this.

At the interview they never spoke about his past or current jobs/work, notice period plus they never mentioned a start date.

My son said the interview did last for 45 minutes with the usual competency based questions and they explained the post etc but as I have previously stated they never asked about his employment history, notice period nor starting date for the job.

So I'm thinking this is not a good sign as in my experience employers usually ask these questions or has things changed or am I reading too much into this?

Any feedback would be much appreciated thank you
Maybe they don't need that kind of info till the 2nd interview...

Besides, whatever happens... one door closes another one opens and all that....
Old 10-05-2018, 13:12   #5293
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Oh I do hope so peanut and thank you.
Old 10-05-2018, 13:25   #5294
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just spotted a 10in crack running down the centre of my windscreen behind the rear view mirror this is as well as another 10in crack running along the bottom, luckily not near the other.

The trouble is I have to wait 2 weeks for a repair and just pray the crack behind the mirror doesn't increase in size too much and the window doesn't fall out(if that is even possible).
Old 10-05-2018, 13:35   #5295
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Even if the cracks get big the plastic laminate in the centre will hold it all together and it's probably one that is bonded to the aperture rather than just held by a rubber gasket as they used to be.