Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Black Lives Matter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Black Lives Matter

Old 24-06-2020, 21:16   #766
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I thought Blackpool airport closed years ago?
No, it became seasonal for a while, Still might be, but remains open for private aircraft.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:18   #767
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Add two more to that.

https://news.sky.com/story/burnley-f...s-job-12014075

Some choice quotes:

Outraged!

Just trying to workout how it is racist? I wasn’t offended by it.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

It’s not difficult for me in the slightest, I couldn’t give a monkeys. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that my view/voice wouldn’t be accepted by the BLM movement ( which is a Fundamentalist movement, I’m sure many reasonable black people would listen with consideration) due to colour of my skin, which is hilariously ironic.

Thank you for.................well thanks anyway.
It does seem to be the case that some employers are now so keen to avoid even any slight suggestion of racism that any question or criticism of black people or BLM is now deemed to be racist. This isn't on as nobody is above question or criticism (as long as it's authentic, comes from the right place and done in a respectful manner).

I remember back in the 1990's being at a local government conference and a speaker saying that any criticism of black people was automatically racist! Obviously, nobody dared to question this as it was easier & safer to just keep quiet, but this attitude now seems to have leaked into the outer world.

The radical leaders of the UK BLM movement must be delighted to be able to silence any opposition with the use of the R word.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 24-06-2020 at 21:23. Reason: Spelling.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 21:22   #768
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It appears not just to be that. https://dailystarpost.com/burnley-fa...ssages-online/

Quote:
Jake Hepple ranted about ‘P***s’ while his partner, Megan Rambadt, (who he is pictured with) tweeted that her town was ‘like a foreign country’ before adding in a follow-up post, ‘They need sending back on banana boats, stinkin b******s’

The Burnley supporter had posted a string of offensive comments on Facebook, including a recent post that read: ‘Why would anyone in their right mind pay £90 for the new England shirt when it probably cost a company full of tree swinging spear throwers about 80p to make? Not a chance I’m paying that.’
People will debate if someone should be fired over social media postings but it's not as if they were fired merely for the banner, albeit the banner is why people went though those social media posts.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 21:26   #769
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

"You bring me the man, I'll find you the crime."
Old 24-06-2020, 21:26   #770
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It appears not just to be that. https://dailystarpost.com/burnley-fa...ssages-online/

People will debate if someone should be fired over social media postings but it's not as if they were fired merely for the banner, albeit the banner is why people went though those social media posts.
Ahh, that put's a different slant on this particular case altogether.

It is right that people be disciplined for social media posts as it's just the same as saying things, in fact it's even worse when it's in writing.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 21:33   #771
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Fair enough, I’m not here to defend that behaviour, the Sky article didn’t have that detail.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:41   #772
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
"You bring me the man, I'll find you the crime."
It's the world of social media. If you come to people's attention then they'll find your feed. It seems rather naive of him to come out as being behind the banner if this stuff was on his public profile.

I am personally uneasy about individual people who are not public figures becoming the focus of a media and social media storm. It's not a proper and fair process. However it is the modern world, people need to be careful about social media.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:45   #773
downquark1
cf.mega poster

downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's the world of social media. If you come to people's attention then they'll find your feed. It seems rather naive of him to come out as being behind the banner if this stuff was on his public profile.

I am personally uneasy about individual people who are not public figures becoming the focus of a media and social media storm. It's not a proper and fair process. However it is the modern world, people need to be careful about social media.
Well if these people were intelligent they wouldn't get pushed around so easily.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:48   #774
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Well if these people were intelligent they wouldn't get pushed around so easily.
Which people?
Old 24-06-2020, 21:52   #775
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Which people?
Tommy Robinson and friends
Old 24-06-2020, 23:48   #776
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Funnily enough, that's what kicked it all off

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

Don't know why this has escaped the attention of people here . .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53165938

Quote:
"I ran from the police because I had a small amount of cannabis in my possession for personal use - and I had fresh in my mind the memory of a similar encounter with TSG [Territorial Support Group] officers only the previous day when I was mistreated, arrested and charged for possession of a similar amount of cannabis."
yeah, the police were only chasing you 'cos you're black, righto
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2020, 07:55   #777
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Old 25-06-2020, 11:33   #778
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
This is all certain to be brought up at the trial.
But is it? The problem is that the truth is going to suppressed for the sake of that thing called "social cohesion".

Considering trained lawyers are also on the prosecution side, it should have already changed the narrative surrounding who gets charged with what. That hasn't happened, and almost certainly never will.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2020, 12:16   #779
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
But is it? The problem is that the truth is going to suppressed for the sake of that thing called "social cohesion".

Considering trained lawyers are also on the prosecution side, it should have already changed the narrative surrounding who gets charged with what. That hasn't happened, and almost certainly never will.
I imagine it will be brought up (at least if is isn't trivially contradicted by citing precedent where the commanding officer was held responsible). Whether or not the press choose to report it is another matter.
Old 25-06-2020, 12:36   #780
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
I imagine it will be brought up (at least if is isn't trivially contradicted by citing precedent where the commanding officer was held responsible). Whether or not the press choose to report it is another matter.
But as I have to keep pointing out, apart from me, who else is making it out to be anything other than the neck issue? Apparently the Police are told to ignore any pleas of "I can't breathe", especially if they're managed to say it sixteen times, along with a lot of other things. Did he say at any point something like "Ok now, I'll behave myself and get into the vehicle quietly"?

As if any judge or jury is going to pay any heed to it.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote