Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Black Lives Matter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Black Lives Matter

Old 24-06-2020, 12:35   #751
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I'd go with olive.
A little skinny for me but each to their own.
Old 24-06-2020, 13:16   #752
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If you actually watch the relevant section of the video, you will see that he was not resisting arrest when he was then pinned to the ground for a full 9 minutes. He did not struggle and he told the officers he could not breathe. He was in that position for 9 minutes, for God sake! We all saw it. We heard him pleading for his life, but they did not care. So why are you defending the police? Do you really think that was reasonable behaviour from professional police officers?

You cannot seriously expect to be able to divert attention by referring to the black policeman, who had been with the force for just a couple of weeks and therefore would have been doing as he was ordered to do.

The rest of the civilised world is appalled and disgusted by the behaviour of the police in this case and you should stop trying to defend the indefensible.
I'M DEFENDING THE TRUTH. Whatever way you look at it, the problem WASN'T the neck, it was the CHEST. THAT IS A FACT.

The question STILL remains, what would he have done when he was allowed back up. The video doesn't show too much of him, and the wider viewpoint is when the camera is shifting around a lot. The 3 officers were effectively blocking any full view. You can CLEARLY see he IS moving around, involving his right shoulder.

He RESISTED getting out of his vehicle. He had to be forcibly dragged out. He deliberately dropped to the ground when approaching the patrol car. If he was thrashing around in the patrol car, he might've been removed for HIS OWN SAFETY to calm down. Thrashing around in a confined space, isn't a good idea.

Do we know what Leung was or wasn't ordered to do?

He was saying a lot of words for somebody who supposedly couldn't breathe. Talking requires the movement of air through the larynx, ie breathing. If you can say "I can't breathe" a total of 16 times, along with other things, you clearly CAN breathe.

Link
Quote:
Under “other significant conditions”, it said, Floyd suffered from heart disease and hypertension, and listed fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.
And he was planning on driving.

Quote:
Baden and Wilson found that weight being applied to Floyd’s back, his hands being cuffed behind his back and the position of his body, where he was also at times being restrained by other officers as he lay on the ground, “were contributory factors because they impaired the ability of Mr Floyd’s diaphragm to function”.
Methamphetamine
Quote:
A user may feel anxious and confused, be unable to sleep, have mood swings, and become violent.
Angry outbursts or mood swings
Psychotic behavior, such as paranoia and hallucinations
Fentanyl
Quote:
Fentanyl's effects include
  • extreme happiness
  • drowsiness
  • nausea
  • confusion
  • constipation
  • sedation
  • problems breathing
  • unconsciousness
Floyd apparently claimed to be claustrophobic and didn't want to get in the patrol car. He had just been in a car of similar size.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 13:20   #753
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

@ nomadking

If I ever get into trouble with the authorities that leads to a court appearance, can I ask for you as my defence lawyer?

. . . please
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 13:29   #754
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

This is all certain to be brought up at the trial.
Old 24-06-2020, 14:48   #755
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...erate-flag-ban

The real story...........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...arage-n1231951

Oh that must have hurt the bampots, the real truth.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 14:52   #756
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
@ nomadking

If I ever get into trouble with the authorities that leads to a court appearance, can I ask for you as my defence lawyer?

. . . please
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 17:19   #757
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
@ nomadking

. . . please
+1

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 19:38   #758
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Virgin Media have now put a black tile up on TiVo with 'Black lives matter' in white lettering.

Pressing it leads to various VOD content.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 19:46   #759
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Virgin Media have now put a black tile up on TiVo with 'Black lives matter' in white lettering.

I'll be avoiding that thanks for the heads up.
Old 24-06-2020, 20:04   #760
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Should really be black lettering.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 20:36   #761
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Who exactly? Were polls taken? After every episode of Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, and pretty much every comedy show, are polls taken to make sure the audience understand that it is comedy?

No they are not, the quote from the LA times you posted is 1no. Persons opinion piece. It is not “a lot if people”. I don’t even know what you consider “a lot” to be? Ev3n the author of the post you quoted uses vague terms such as “some” people. Is their “some” equal to your “ a lot”

It’s tripe. And you should know better at your age.

So if I, for example, had an opinion as a white middle aged male, a considered and objective opinion on the matter. That did not fit with the BLM narrative. Then I could express that, no problem, I wouldn’t be attacked, I would be listened to, objectively, and if and were appropriate challenged in a non-violent and threatening way?

Bollocks Hugh and you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
what are you on about? I've never said I'm oppressed, I've got white privilege after all.

But nice little trick there to just type anything you want to try belittle my post, because you haven't actually got any plausible answer to it.

Pah!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 20:49   #762
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

??????

You have a funny perception of oppression.

I stated white people aren’t allowed to have a voice on the race issue and are then criticised if they don’t speak out.

You, literally, rubbished that statement

I then pointed out the hypocrisy and a scenario that my voice and view would not be accepted by BLM.

That is not me being oppressed, just pointing out reality.

Oppression was mentioned by you, for one reason and one reason only, to make a snide and what you thought an oh so clever and amusing put down.

You failed in every area.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:40   #763
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Thank you for your feedback - it must be difficult for you, when you feel that people of a different colour wouldn’t accept your voice or view.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 21:48   #764
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadking
The list of people who have lost their jobs or been suspended for criticizing or even questioning the BLM movement is long—and growing daily
Add two more to that.

https://news.sky.com/story/burnley-f...s-job-12014075

Some choice quotes:

Quote:
, the manager of the Blackpool Council-owned airport, Stephen Smith, said: "Blackpool Airport and Blackpool Council are outraged by this incident.
Outraged!

Quote:
"We stand against racism of any kind and absolutely do not condone the activity. The message was offensive and the action reprehensible."
Just trying to workout how it is racist? I wasn’t offended by it.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thank you for your feedback - it must be difficult for you, when you feel that people of a different colour wouldn’t accept your voice or view.
It’s not difficult for me in the slightest, I couldn’t give a monkeys. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that my view/voice wouldn’t be accepted by the BLM movement ( which is a Fundamentalist movement, I’m sure many reasonable black people would listen with consideration) due to colour of my skin, which is hilariously ironic.

Thank you for.................well thanks anyway.
Old 24-06-2020, 21:50   #765
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I thought Blackpool airport closed years ago?
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote