Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Picard

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Picard

Old 27-03-2020, 20:34   #166
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I’ve loved Picard but the whole

Spoiler: 
Picard is now an Android

Oh come on, it just ruins it, makes anything else coming seem artificial. Not happy at all with that outcome.
Saw that coming - "Chekhov’s Gun" came to mind when that appeared in a previous episode.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2020, 22:21   #167
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why ?

I dont have a problem with it, after all, he was partly artificial already.
Having an artificial heart is one thing.

Spoiler: 
being completely artificial in every way is something else. I know it’s probably trying to send out metaphysical questions about what it is to be human.

But in the next series, you are no longer looking at a frail 90 odd year old man that could have the weaknesses and issues a 94 year old man may have. You are looking at an android that (underneath) is super strong, super brain processing power, will never be tired, will never forget anything etc etc etc.) It is not a 90 yr old man. It takes away the human element , and all the weaknesses associated, of Picard

That’s why, the next series will be all the more weaker for it.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Saw that coming - "Chekhov’s Gun" came to mind when that appeared in a previous episode.
I read on a site somewhere that what they did was a possibility, but I never thought that would be the case.

Loved the series but I can’t understand why they would go this way.

But hey, apparently there was a 3 series deal or something like that so it must all be mapped out. I’ll wait and see.
Old 28-03-2020, 19:24   #168
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It threw me a bit as well and even before that happened I thought "why doesn't Seven inject him with some nanoprobes, surely they can fix it?" That is the one thing which has hit my realism factor so far. I would like to see Seven's more Borgy side come through a bit more. I was hoping that when she was in the close quarters fight scenes in earlier episodes that when she didn't have a weapon and it came to crunch time she would use her assimilation tubules to inject nanoprobes into somebody to incapacitate them.

Back on topic though, I am assuming what happened happened because it is presumably going to play into the season 2 story arc.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 01:27   #169
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Fantastic news. We were already aware that Guinan is coming back for season 2 and I have just found out that talk are underway for Geordie to return as well. That just leaves Worf who they'll probably hold back for season 3. I don't even want to have to say this but let's hope they don't kill any of them off. If they do I'll be pressing the stop button.
Old 25-05-2020, 01:48   #170
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Fantastic news. We were already aware that Guinan is coming back for season 2 and I have just found out that talk are underway for Geordie to return as well. That just leaves Worf who they'll probably hold back for season 3. I don't even want to have to say this but let's hope they don't kill any of them off. If they do I'll be pressing the stop button.
Wonder if they will get Beverley back.
Old 25-05-2020, 09:55   #171
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I’d actually like to see Wesley and Robin Crusher put in an appearance. They made so much out of the relationship between Picard and Wes in the earlier seasons of TNG it deserves revisiting. Plus it’s about time Wes’ marriage to Robin Leffler was canonised.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 14:24   #172
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I was never too fussed about her. All she ever wanted to do is use a dermal regenerator scan your hippocampus

That being said, I know they went their separate ways but I wouldn't mind seeing Beverley and Wes come back as a duo. I have a new found admiration for Will Wheaton after the The Big Bang Theory, I thought he was hilarious and played the part so well.
Old 13-02-2021, 11:34   #173
General Maximus
Ran Away

Scott Bakula is returning to Star Trek with the possibility of his own series. Not sure whether it is going to be Picard or Discovery to start off with:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/en...star-trek.html
Old 13-02-2021, 13:17   #174
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

As much as I liked Archer. It would make zero sense having him in Picard or Discovery.

Archer was around many years before the original series and those two shows are hundreds of years after that time.
Old 13-02-2021, 13:26   #175
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

There’s about a century between the end of Enterprise and the beginning of Strange New Worlds. So even if they try to shoehorn him in close to his own period they’re going to have to do stupid ageing makeup like they did with McCoy to fit him in to the first episode of TNG. More likely they would end up doing either a convoluted time travel plot line or a holodeck story. Neither of these appeal to me much at all ...
Old 13-02-2021, 14:04   #176
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

They could pop him into the Captain Pike Series perhaps
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 14:22   #177
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

The Pike series is still about 100 years after Enterprise took place so really wouldn't work.
Old 13-02-2021, 14:24   #178
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
They could pop him into the Captain Pike Series perhaps
“Strange New Worlds” is the Pike series.
Old 13-02-2021, 14:27   #179
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Guess we will just have to wait and see then
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 14:47   #180
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
There’s about a century between the end of Enterprise and the beginning of Strange New Worlds. So even if they try to shoehorn him in close to his own period they’re going to have to do stupid ageing makeup like they did with McCoy to fit him in to the first episode of TNG. More likely they would end up doing either a convoluted time travel plot line or a holodeck story. Neither of these appeal to me much at all ...
My bet would be on a time travel story.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote