Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 05-06-2018, 08:41   #496
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I have it. The way I found it was to go to the BBC i-Player in Apps and Games, go to 'settings' then 'Try new features in iPlayer BETA, then go down to 'Play Ultra HD Trial'. There are two short videos in there. Lovely pictures on my screen. Worth taking a look.

Can't wait to see full length programmes other than sport starting to appear in some quantity on the Beeb - hopefully not long now.
Do the videos only show when the v6 is connected to a 4k tv?

I checked on v6 in the bedroom which is only HD. The blue button feature didn't work either.

I'll try the living tv when I get home from work later
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2018, 09:07   #497
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Do the videos only show when the v6 is connected to a 4k tv?

I checked on v6 in the bedroom which is only HD. The blue button feature didn't work either.

I'll try the living tv when I get home from work later
Yes, I think the system detects whether you have compatible hardware and will not show the option if your TV is not UHD. The blue button should work, though - try re-booting if it has not come up by the time you get home.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:19   #498
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

The blue button function lags a few days behind getting the 20.7.6.RC20 software.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 13:36   #499
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

i got the blue button thing and the hlg. I noticed rounded edges first on the info box thing.

great to see the v6 doing hdr, the bbc test stream worked fine and so does hdr in netflix.

I so hope though that virgin help out the bbc with the world cup for us virgin customers, or everyone in general or those streams wont last a second if the v6 gets changed to confirmed on the world cup compatibility list.

actually a one up on sky for once!
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 14:56   #500
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
i got the blue button thing and the hlg. I noticed rounded edges first on the info box thing.

great to see the v6 doing hdr, the bbc test stream worked fine and so does hdr in netflix.

I so hope though that virgin help out the bbc with the world cup for us virgin customers, or everyone in general or those streams wont last a second if the v6 gets changed to confirmed on the world cup compatibility list.

actually a one up on sky for once!
Yes, a red button channel may be the solution. Add that to the 900 series on the EPG and we could record it too.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 15:22   #501
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

I haven't got it yet - Crawley
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 20:00   #502
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, a red button channel may be the solution. Add that to the 900 series on the EPG and we could record it too.
I had read that the BBC isnt keen on this stuff as its platform neutral? I have no idea if thats true though. plus in this case it actually would help sky people and others as it would free up so many of the slots. I notice iplayer even had a splash screen today telling me about following the world cup in UHD, this is going to end very badly if its truly tens of thousands for us all...
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 21:11   #503
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

I just checked my v6, neither the blue button feature or iPlayer uhd is working yet.
Old 05-06-2018, 21:12   #504
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I just checked my v6, neither the blue button feature or iPlayer uhd is working yet.
Same here - probably a phased roll-out.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 21:42   #505
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Same here - probably a phased roll-out.
Phew, least it's not just mine lol
Old 05-06-2018, 22:53   #506
marlman
cf.member

marlman is on a distinguished roadmarlman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had read that the BBC isnt keen on this stuff as its platform neutral? I have no idea if thats true though. plus in this case it actually would help sky people and others as it would free up so many of the slots. I notice iplayer even had a splash screen today telling me about following the world cup in UHD, this is going to end very badly if its truly tens of thousands for us all...
If we all promise not to tell anyone it will only be us on here who know about it LOL
marlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:00   #507
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

As well as requiring the new V6 software (20.7.6.RC20 here in Oxford) your tv seems to be a certain spec too.

It seems ome who can not do HLG via HDMI are reporting that TiVo is not showing the tests, although you can prove from here that all firmware on TiVo and tv are correct.

I don't know how long the blue button took to work here and I always key the HD numbers in direct anyway.
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:00 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

The 'TBC' for the V6 on the BBC list has now been removed - so looks like full confirmation of support.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/live-uhd

Quote:
Yes - says TBC on the devices list - I'm not sure why the article didn't mention this.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:45   #508
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

The list has also been updated from last week. There was something funny about the LG tvs listed, but sorted now.

If my v6 doesn't update in time, I'll just use the iPlayer app via the tv. Be nice to get the update though of course
Old 06-06-2018, 09:54   #509
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Checked the iPlayer on the V6 last night and I have the UHD test loop from the FA Cup

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

4K games consoles like the Xbox One X are not compatible for the UHD world cup trial the Roku + stick is also not part of it
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 16:51   #510
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Have to agree, there are going to be a lot of unhappy customers! They have had years to sort this out so they shouldn't be trailing it a week before the World Cup starts.

Typical of BBCs lack of interest in sports (with exception of Wimbledon)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote