Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Different (correct) ways of spelling the same words.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Rear wiper on Mk 5 Mondeo estate

Old 02-05-2019, 12:36   #1
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Question Rear wiper on Mk 5 Mondeo estate

Anyone know how to lift the arm on this car? It will lift a couple of centimetres but that's it. I can't find videos other that older models with the arm lifting up properly.

Front is easy and you can move the arms to service position manually, lift the arms no problem. Same isn't true for the rear. Previous hatch (Mk3) again easy to lift rear arm.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2019, 17:12   #2
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Rear wiper on Mk 5 Mondeo estate

I can only find tips for the front, nothing about the rear one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3xCFajImBc

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Have you tried turning on the rear wiper, then switching off the ignition when it the blade is at the top of it's arc? There might be a lock involved when the arm is at its rest position.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 17:30   #3
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Anyone know how to lift the arm on this car? It will lift a couple of centimetres but that's it. I can't find videos other that older models with the arm lifting up properly.

Front is easy and you can move the arms to service position manually, lift the arms no problem. Same isn't true for the rear. Previous hatch (Mk3) again easy to lift rear arm.

Thanks
Are you sure it's not just rusted solid,it is a ford after all.
Old 02-05-2019, 21:20   #4
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Are you sure it's not just rusted solid,it is a ford after all.
Ford are beginners in the rust charts.

An Austin Metro still ranks no. 1, or would do if anyone could find one that hasn't dissolved. British rust at its best.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:37   #5
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

It's a 16 plate I've only had a month or so. So it's not corrosion.

I found one video showing the blade being "snapped" out in the gap it does make and clipping new one in. Ford replaced the front ones as they were knackered when I bought them.