Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-01-2013, 15:11   #421
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Live women's tennis deal signed by BT

http://www.btlife.bt.com/entertainme...d-by-bt-sport/
Yes indeed this was mentioned in the Guardian yesterday and its getting very interesting now as it builds up to the launch.
Old 11-01-2013, 15:22   #422
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT is also looking to add more football It is believed BT is keen to also bid for Champions League and England matches and might even buy out the final years of ESPN’s FA Cup contract.

BT Vision adds MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels

BT has agreed a deal with Viacom International Media Networks to bring the MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels to BT Vision.

The telecoms giant has also signed a separate deal with the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) for hundreds of hours of live tennis for its new BT Sport operation.
Under the agreement with Viacom, BT Vision customers will now be able to watch the MTV UK channel, home of shows such as Geordie Shore, The Valleys, Jersey Shore and Teen Mom.

They can also enjoy Comedy Central, broadcaster of The Daily Show, South Park, 30 Rock and Friends; as well as Nickelodeon, the children's network that airs SpongeBob SquarePants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Nick Jr is set to join BT Vision's lineup this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...#ixzz2HgJQKEyA
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:17   #423
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

passingbat
Thanks very much for that info, sounds good to me, I will give em a call next week.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:26   #424
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_gain View Post
This could add fuel to the flames of the rumour that ESPN are going to quit the UK come the summer:
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ttish-football

If they ditch their Scottish coverage then I can't see them carrying on past the summer.
I think those in charge of Scottish football have probably already been notified by ESPN of their intentions. I think the mad scramble in the past 5 weeks or so to try and restructure the game up here suggests ESPN plan to drop the SPL, and are likely to pull out of the UK TV market.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:28   #425
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
BT is also looking to add more football It is believed BT is keen to also bid for Champions League and England matches and might even buy out the final years of ESPN’s FA Cup contract.

BT Vision adds MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels

BT has agreed a deal with Viacom International Media Networks to bring the MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon channels to BT Vision.

The telecoms giant has also signed a separate deal with the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) for hundreds of hours of live tennis for its new BT Sport operation.
Under the agreement with Viacom, BT Vision customers will now be able to watch the MTV UK channel, home of shows such as Geordie Shore, The Valleys, Jersey Shore and Teen Mom.

They can also enjoy Comedy Central, broadcaster of The Daily Show, South Park, 30 Rock and Friends; as well as Nickelodeon, the children's network that airs SpongeBob SquarePants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Nick Jr is set to join BT Vision's lineup this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...#ixzz2HgJQKEyA
I asked elsewhere if they're just getting Comedy Central, or the entire suite of Comedy Central channels for this very reason. The Daily Show is on Comedy Central Extra.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 19:04   #426
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think those in charge of Scottish football have probably already been notified by ESPN of their intentions. I think the mad scramble in the past 5 weeks or so to try and restructure the game up here suggests ESPN plan to drop the SPL, and are likely to pull out of the UK TV market.
There does seem to be some unusual haste to restructure the Scottish game, things like this usually take years to put in place.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 20:43   #427
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
There does seem to be some unusual haste to restructure the Scottish game, things like this usually take years to put in place.
This also seems to point to some sort of broadcasting change in the summer. Although to be fair to ESPN, what has been proposed by the powers that be would mean ESPN would need to send their entire punditry crew off on a course so they could make sense of the Scottish game. That's before they try and explain the whole thing to the guy/gal who does the league graphics.

Stewart Regan might as well state that they will also be trying out the "any man save" rule for the 2013-2014 season.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:04   #428
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

It looks like BT is going to buy BoxNation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...g-8449350.html

I must admit I’m not surprised. When Simon Green, CEO of BoxNation, moved to BT a few months back I had concerns BT would try and outbid BoxNation for boxing rights. It was in the back of my mind they may try and buy the channel somewhere down the line.

I currently pay £10.00 per month for ESPN and £10.00 per month for BoxNation. If BT do purchase BoxNation, and ESPN pull out of the UK market, I’ll be signing up for BT Sports as long as it’s no more expensive than £20.00 per month.

Thanks to Muppetman for the link.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 11:09   #429
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I currently pay £10.00 per month for ESPN and £10.00 per month for BoxNation. If BT do purchase BoxNation, and ESPN pull out of the UK market, I’ll be signing up for BT Sports as long as it’s no more expensive than £20.00 per month.

Wish Virgin had charged for ESPN instead of being in a package. Giving a reduction on the package instead .
Old 14-01-2013, 11:33   #430
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I must admit I’m not surprised. When Simon Green, CEO of BoxNation, moved to BT a few months back I had concerns BT would try and outbid BoxNation for boxing rights. It was in the back of my mind they may try and buy the channel somewhere down the line.

Thats very interesting indeed.
Old 14-01-2013, 15:10   #431
Jameseh

Wonder if they're now going for 3 dedicated channels.
Old 14-01-2013, 15:29   #432
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Wonder if they're now going for 3 dedicated channels.
Look to me like an good way for BT Sports to get into Virgin TV.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 19:57   #433
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Have ESPN acquired the rights for the 2013 Copa Libertadores as they are showing a qualifying match next Thursday?

Thanks
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2013, 20:25   #434
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
Have ESPN acquired the rights for the 2013 Copa Libertadores as they are showing a qualifying match next Thursday?

Thanks
Yes they do have the rights.
Old 14-01-2013, 20:35   #435
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes they do have the rights.
Thought so. Premier Sports must have got rid of it. Does this mean ESPN are thinking of staying around longer than May then?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote