Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 14-06-2022, 16:40   #1396
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Does anyone know whether the Paramount + service coming in the UK will have the same content excluding sports as the US version.

I ask as it seems quite a lot of their shows air on Sky.
Sky and Paramount+ will share content as the latter will be integrated into Sky Cinema.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Very doubtful as some other channels have the UK rights for some popular stuff.

I think it will be very cut-down - like Peacock is.
Unlike Peacock, Paramount+ will have a stand-alone app with shared content between Sky and Paramount.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2022, 18:01   #1397
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I know - but that doesn't mean the content will be the same or even similar.

There are currently movies free to subscribers on P+ in US which have only just been added to Sky Store for purchase.

I can't see them providing most of the live streaming channels either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Unlike Peacock, Paramount+ will have a stand-alone app with shared content between Sky and Paramount.

Last edited by ozsat; 14-06-2022 at 18:15.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 18:18   #1398
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Some of the current CBS shows Paramount don't own the international rights to and i suspect the 3 FBI shows Paramount have a obligation to take them to market internationally with them being a NBC Universal/Wolf Entertainment format.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 14-06-2022 at 19:08.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 18:20   #1399
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I can't see Sky letting P+ UK show FBI trilogy before the Sky channels have aired them.

Blue Bloods starts Series 12 on Sky Witness next week - but the whole series is complete on P+ US. Again - can't see Sky letting let go either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Some of the current CBS shows Paramount don't own the international rights to.

Last edited by ozsat; 14-06-2022 at 18:24.
Old 14-06-2022, 18:24   #1400
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

FBI trio aren't on pre release version anyway , neither is Seal Team , previous seasons of Blue Bloods and Bull are.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 14-06-2022 at 18:53.
Old 14-06-2022, 18:34   #1401
ozsat
cf.mega poster

On Paramount+ US - all 20 episodes of Season 12 are available to view now - the series ended in May on CBS.

The UK is way behind - as with many US series - and only gets episode 1 of season 12 next week.

Similar situation with the FBI trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
There aren't on pre release version anyway , previous seasons of Blue Bloods are.

Last edited by ozsat; 14-06-2022 at 18:40.
Old 14-06-2022, 19:02   #1402
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I can't see Sky letting P+ UK show FBI trilogy before the Sky channels have aired them.

Blue Bloods starts Series 12 on Sky Witness next week - but the whole series is complete on P+ US. Again - can't see Sky letting let go either.
It all depends on the contracts between the two companies. If the content is owned by Viacom then I'm sure it will move to Paramount + eventually once the contract with Sky is up. Of course, if Paramount + is not as successful as they hope in the UK, then they may prefer to licence some content to Sky.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 19:12   #1403
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
With the launch of Paramount Plus at £6.99 or cheaper if paying annual and many other streamers pitching their services at under the £7 mark Netflix could slow even more in my opinion.
It certainly will. Although the extent to which these are sustainable is up for debate. However with an extensive back catalogue and without the eye watering debt levels of Netflix they should be better placed longer term.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2022, 20:28   #1404
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

TBH all these services just encourage piracy and the hunt for work arounds to get it cheap.

I do feel if they all come together and charged a fair price they would make more money but that will never happen
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2022, 15:45   #1405
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports and Premier Sports to stop broadcasting MLS as Apple wins 10 year deal for MLS World rights.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...ext-ten-years/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2022, 20:50   #1406
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
TBH all these services just encourage piracy and the hunt for work arounds to get it cheap.

I do feel if they all come together and charged a fair price they would make more money but that will never happen
It could work. If all content was available in a streaming cloud, viewers could subscribe for a service with various tiers of content and pay per view, with content providers paid according to the number of viewers who watch their content.

That, I think, would be more viewer-friendly than requiring everyone to subscribe to lots of different streamers to view the maximum range of content.

Will it happen? Not in my lifetime, I suspect.
Old 15-06-2022, 21:11   #1407
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It could work. If all content was available in a streaming cloud, viewers could subscribe for a service with various tiers of content and pay per view, with content providers paid according to the number of viewers who watch their content.

That, I think, would be more viewer-friendly than requiring everyone to subscribe to lots of different streamers to view the maximum range of content.

Will it happen? Not in my lifetime, I suspect.
the second you start charging pay per view all value for money out the window. People will pay a fortune for Sky just for Sports so it is not out the question someone would pay say 15 to 20 quid per month for an all in one bundle which includes all the main subs but as it stands no one wants to pay the combined cost which would end up a stupid price

I pay about £60 a year and this gives me access to everything by other means plus £5 Netflix £4 Prime £1 Tidal and £1.20 for youtube premium and this gives me value for money. I would be prepared to pay for premium subs if it was fair while it is not I will not
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 03:06   #1408
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

any idea if disney plus will come to v6 or not?

secondly any idea if the v6 will get the new tv software? i think we were told it was due about 3 years ago or will it only be available for the new virgin boxes? i thought virgin medias contract with tivo had ended?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 10:08   #1409
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
any idea if disney plus will come to v6 or not?

secondly any idea if the v6 will get the new tv software? i think we were told it was due about 3 years ago or will it only be available for the new virgin boxes? i thought virgin medias contract with tivo had ended?
If it had, there wouldn't be any of their customers still using TiVo based boxes. I'll be a support contact now.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2022, 10:15   #1410
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

Nat Geo will be removed from NOW on 28th of June with Alibi added on the same day and NBC News Now added on 21st of June.
https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Conte...s/td-p/2236679