Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 26-08-2003, 14:22   #121
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
I have registered with Invision go to my website then click on the link to register on the forum. You must REGISTER before you can post
Why would we want to do that? We'd hardly be joining a thriving community.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2003, 14:40   #122
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Quote:
Originally posted by Bifta
Why would we want to do that? We'd hardly be joining a thriving community.
hardly fair now is it...every website has to start somewhere doesn't it.

grum1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 16:34   #123
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by grum1978
hardly fair now is it...every website has to start somewhere doesn't it.

And demanding that people go to a site and register is ok then?
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 16:36   #124
grum1978
Inactive

grum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enoughgrum1978 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to grum1978
Quote:
Originally posted by Bifta
And demanding that people go to a site and register is ok then?
No-one was demanding anything he/she was just advising people that you have register on the site to see and post on the forum!!

It all seemed fine to me
grum1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 17:14   #125
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
I went back to have my proboards.com forum because it was the easiest option. And you have to REGISTER on the forum before you can post
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 17:24   #126
dd2k
Inactive

dd2k is on a distinguished roaddd2k is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to dd2k
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
I went back to have my proboards.com forum because it was the easiest option. And you have to REGISTER on the forum before you can post
check ya Pm's m8
dd2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2003, 18:51   #127
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W
I run my board so that visitors can see the most usefull forums without registering.

Once registered, they get access to more forums.

That way, people can post anonymously to ask for advice, if they like what they see, they can sign up and be part of the StusPlace community. If they just want a bit of help with something there's no need to sign up.

This means all the members are members because they wanted to be, not because they had to register to post.
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 17:02   #128
LooeyUK
Inactive

LooeyUK is on a distinguished roadLooeyUK is on a distinguished road
Just been upgraded to Invision Power Board 1.2

My site is called "The Computer Forum" and can be found at

: : http://www.thecomputerforum.co.uk : :

Its only really just been started, only have a few members sadly. I hope to make it more popular
LooeyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 18:00   #129
Tricky
Inactive

Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
He looked but did not find...URL dont work
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 18:43   #130
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W
Works fine from here.

BTW, LoonyB, why don't you use the IP Dynamic Lite interface as your main page?
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 19:01   #131
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
ok for anyone who fancies a right good laff, ive just got my leeds festival 2003 photos uploaded to my website at THIS LOCATION

some are god-awful...
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 19:21   #132
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer
wonder who has this site
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 19:26   #133
Dave Stones
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband Option 3, BT Landline, Freeview
Dave Stones has reached the bronze age
Dave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze ageDave Stones has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to Dave Stones
Quote:
Originally posted by th'engineer
wonder who has this site
me?
Dave Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 19:42   #134
th'engineer
Inactive

Services: up to 30 MEG CF version of Peter Kay
th'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to allth'engineer is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to th'engineer
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Stones
me?
th'engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 20:46   #135
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Cool