Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 02-09-2003, 23:25   #136
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W
Quote:
Originally posted by LooeyB
Just been upgraded to Invision Power Board 1.2

My site is called "The Computer Forum" and can be found at

: : http://www.thecomputerforum.co.uk : :

Its only really just been started, only have a few members sadly. I hope to make it more popular
Forum is looking nice mate, but that front page is pretty dire!

As you now have V1.2 why don't you use the IP Dynamic Lite option from the Admin panel?

It's easy to set up and will give you a nice looking front page

This is my IP Dynamic Lite page, compared to this, which is the Blogg for my site!

Either one looks better than a text link

If you have problems setting up IP Dynamic Lite, PM me, or post on my forums & I'll walk you through it
FYI, you don't need to register to post in the help sections
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2003, 13:14   #137
preacher
Inactive

preacher is an unknown quantity at this point
If you play Baldurs Gate games....come here (and cooties to the missus Pirotess who created the faq's)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ryan.pascall/
preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 15:22   #138
Alan Waddington
Inactive

Alan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about themAlan Waddington has a spectacular aura about them
Quote:
Originally posted by preacher
If you play Baldurs Gate games....come here (and cooties to the missus Pirotess who created the faq's)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ryan.pascall/
You mean't http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ryan.pascall/BG2/

Alan Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 15:26   #139
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
And this is mine....

http://www.theriverkelvin.co.uk

Its dedicated to fishing a river i live close by........part of the site is allso linked to a fishing blog which i do

Ive still to sort out info of the river and some links. I would also like some nice buttons instead of text for the front page but im not sure how im going to do it
Old 16-09-2003, 15:50   #140
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
This is us:

http://homepage.mac.com/towny

Mainly taken over by our son!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2003, 23:11   #141
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
Quote:
Originally posted by aliferste
And this is mine....

http://www.theriverkelvin.co.uk

Its dedicated to fishing a river i live close by........part of the site is allso linked to a fishing blog which i do

Ive still to sort out info of the river and some links. I would also like some nice buttons instead of text for the front page but im not sure how im going to do it
Until now, Kelvin meant to me either the famous 19th Century physicist, Lord Kelvin, or the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow("we now take you to Kelvin Hall, Glasgow for a broadcast of . . . "). Now I know that a river lies behind them both.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2003, 17:09   #142
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
Quote:
Originally posted by Theodoric
Until now, Kelvin meant to me either the famous 19th Century physicist, Lord Kelvin, or the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow("we now take you to Kelvin Hall, Glasgow for a broadcast of . . . "). Now I know that a river lies behind them both.

WooHoo
Old 24-09-2003, 13:14   #143
rippedoff
Permanently Banned

rippedoff is an unknown quantity at this point
what will i do with this one?

NTL - do you want to buy? be good for ntl customers accessing account, web, etc. details ?

rippedoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 13:19   #144
Stuart W
Inactive

Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Old 25-09-2003, 16:20   #145
Tiptoes
Inactive

Location: Ask not what your country can do for you but what a mess we could have made of your country
Tiptoes is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine are below.

3 x serious

2 x spoof
Tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 17:14   #146
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
www.thesilvernutmeg.com or www.thesilvernutmeg.co.uk

My Wifes really, Wedding Stationary, Invitations, and Accessories.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 18:30   #147
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman
Re: Promote your own website

Right mine are live now, please be nice I not had time to do the front page and not spent much time on the forums.
page and forums

hm
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2003, 19:47   #148
Stuart W
Inactive

Hmm.. I recognise that IBS board!!

Take a look at mine or the one I done for my mate to see what they can look like
Old 19-10-2003, 03:05   #149
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

lol stu give a chap a chance. All updated now not much more to tweak
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2003, 10:37   #150
Stuart W
Inactive

Hey, that's much better!!

Sorry, I didn;'t mean to be having a go, it's just that whenever I see a 'standard' bulletin board / forum it makes me want to scream from the hilltops "GET A SKIN!!"

The skin you have chosen (from bbskins.org?) is a nice one, I used to use a similar one for that XP kinda look, but it had many many bugs in it, including no-popups!

I have since changed to a vBulettin kind of look. I'm still hacking it about and making subtle changes, but I am the kind of person to be constantly updating / refining anyway!

BTW, I am using version 1.3, though it is not 'released' yet, it is still in beta stages, it is very good!