Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 19-09-2010, 14:52   #196
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
The new Thinkbox advert has to be advert of the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzgkMsf_GQ
I'd agree with that. Cracks me up every time I see it.
Old 19-09-2010, 17:06   #197
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

juan sheet its so funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX6jxduNHyQ

hate the tesco adds with Jane horrocks voice over
Old 20-09-2010, 02:52   #198
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Two best are for Axe bodyspray (american branding for Lynx)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ySo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geKQ6mhNoXU
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 08:31   #199
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

While we are on the subject of American ads, Geico (car insurance) do some of the best. One of my old favs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzoYOmfiEjI
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2010, 11:05   #200
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I hate with an absolute passion the recent "what" "is" "buzz" advert using the gay guy with a lisp.

I cant even bring myself to post a link,,,,,,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is it just me or does it rub anyone else up the wrong way.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 12:52   #201
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite ad of all time has to be the old Woolworths Christmas ad from around 1981, 'Have a cracking Christmas at Woolworths, a cracker of a Christmas shopping spree...' ah the memories.
Worst? GO COMPARE...AAAGGGHHH!!!!
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 13:05   #202
pabscars
Inactive

pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I hate with an absolute passion the recent "what" "is" "buzz" advert using the gay guy with a lisp.

I cant even bring myself to post a link,,,,,,,, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Is it just me or does it rub anyone else up the wrong way.
Al righty then just for a response

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Wha...-The-Sun/86343
Old 13-10-2010, 14:47   #203
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I'd never seen that before. But it does look pretty irritating. That guy is annoying anyway, whoever he is.. i've seen him before.

What's the advert for?
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 14:53   #204
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Despise that Halifax ISA advert with the vanilla ice tune. Makes me hope that Halifax are bought out by some other bank just to stop them from making stupid and annoying adverts.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 14:56   #205
Pia
Inactive

Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Despise that Halifax ISA advert with the vanilla ice tune. Makes me hope that Halifax are bought out by some other bank just to stop them from making stupid and annoying adverts.
Oooo yes! Totally agree! Don't you just want to smack her in the jaw
Old 13-10-2010, 15:00   #206
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
Oooo yes! Totally agree! Don't you just want to smack her in the jaw
Please don't tell me it's on tv, thought it was just on the radio. Thanks for the heads up!

Are you volunteering to spark her then?
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 15:30   #207
Pia
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Please don't tell me it's on tv, thought it was just on the radio. Thanks for the heads up!

Are you volunteering to spark her then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIMMmqwe6Q

Ooh yes

Oh no, just reminded myself of one of those Churchill (i think) adverts.
Old 13-10-2010, 17:07   #208
pabscars
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pia View Post
I'd never seen that before. But it does look pretty irritating. That guy is annoying anyway, whoever he is.. i've seen him before.

What's the advert for?
I,m pretty sure its for cologne, but I usually flick over before it ends,

it just does my kipper in ,
Old 31-10-2010, 22:41   #209
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Is anyone else really enchanted with the Italian girl in the pasta advert - the one where Tim Lovejoy cons her into cooking dinner for their date together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bGsl-xIcU

I could listen to her speak Italian all day.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 23:04   #210
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I can't stand that Plusnet radio ad where that idiot with the nasal voice tells us that they "can't be beat" - someone ought to tell him the correct word would be "beaten".

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote