Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 02-01-2005, 21:47   #76
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Sorry
Why are you aplogising?
Old 02-01-2005, 21:55   #77
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
Why are you aplogising?
Possibly a misunderstanding
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:53   #78
aliferste
cf.mega poster

aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Possibly a misunderstanding
Looks like it
Old 03-01-2005, 13:53   #79
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJames
What about Dark Angel want that back on my telly.
Then I suggest you watch Channel 5 on Thursdays at 7:15 pm and you'll be a happy man!
Old 13-01-2005, 08:53   #80
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Just another heads up...

Sky 1 is showing the series of Tripping The Rift at 10.05pm from tomorrow night.

The scifi channels site is here http://www.scifi.com/tripping/
more info here http://www.sadgeezer.com/tripping/

Original (Pre pilot) movie from here http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/738

There are going to be offensive areas on this site - so be warned.

I've only seen the pilot and the original animation that the series is based on but I thought they were quite funny.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 09:15   #81
homealone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Just another heads up...

Sky 1 is showing the series of Tripping The Rift at 10.05pm from tomorrow night.

The scifi channels site is here http://www.scifi.com/tripping/
more info here http://www.sadgeezer.com/tripping/

Original (Pre pilot) movie from here http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/738

There are going to be offensive areas on this site - so be warned.

I've only seen the pilot and the original animation that the series is based on but I thought they were quite funny.
that looks really amusing - thanks, dilli - will definitely check that out
Old 13-01-2005, 13:04   #82
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

I don't know if anyone has said about it / seen it but, just for info, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars is showing on Sky One, starting on Sunday (16th) at 9 o'clock.

Having missed it originally, I'll be tuning in, so this is just for info
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 08:57   #83
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

i had just got round to watching all 4 seasons of farscape and while i think some of it was real cheap and poorly acted most of it was magic the main dudes are great and the way its got a constant story line is superb - i also really enjoy Johns use of earth terms to all the aliens as he pretends his name is Luke skywalker etc i watched peacekeeper wars last week and it was good - shame we didnt get another few seasons
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 23:46   #84
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

A few recent snippets;

* The new Dr Who is now expected to air at Easter. The first two episode titles are Rose & The end of the world. The Dalek(s) appear around about episode 6.

* The firefly film Serenity is now not going to air until the end of September 2005.

* The 9th season of Stargate SG-1 has been ordered (20 eps). Production starts in March 2005.

* The 2nd season of Stargate Atlantis has also been ordered (20 eps), again production starts in March 2005.

* Another Babylon 5 movie has been ordered and begins production in April 2005 - it is believed to be set in 2062, just after the defeat of the Shadows and Galen (known mainly from Crusade) will appear in it.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 00:03   #85
Plonking
Inactive

Services: BT Somethingorother
Plonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to beholdPlonking is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Plonking

ok,

here's a question to test the true fans out there: anyone here been to an actual sci-fi convention? i've been to several, and am going for the first time in three years in a couple of weeks time

i last went when i was 18, and my other half (who i've managed to convert into being even more of a star trek fan than she used to be) wanted to see what it was all about.... i warned her that it would be scary, but she wanted to go, and plus it's around my birthday - so we got tickets. and, fortunately, that means we get to see patrick stewart for several hours in the afternoon, lol!

P
Plonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 00:03   #86
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

oh other snippet and some good news for all you superman fans out there,
after more than a Decade on the Drawing board superman 5 Finely starts
Filming on March 3rd !!!
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 02:37   #87
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plonking
here's a question to test the true fans out there: anyone here been to an actual sci-fi convention?
Not an actual sci-fi convention, but I went to the Discworld convention last year.

Quote:
i've been to several, and am going for the first time in three years in a couple of weeks time
Is that Redemption?

If not, you may be interested: it's for B5 and Blakes 7 fans...

http://www.conventions.org.uk/redemption/
Old 25-01-2005, 03:27   #88
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
oh other snippet and some good news for all you superman fans out there,
after more than a Decade on the Drawing board superman 5 Finely starts
Filming on March 3rd !!!
It is a shame that Kevin Smith isn't writing or directing it though, like he was oiginally supposed to
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 20:55   #89
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M
* The firefly film Serenity is now not going to air until the end of September 2005.
In the Total Film magazine, it said that the ETA for it was in November 2005. The official site states 30.9.05, but that probably will be the US release date.

I hope it gets a full release, not just one cinema in a 100 mile radius.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 10:36   #90
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Not sure if this is the best place to put it...

Major Star Wars Ep 3 spoilers and pictures : http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote