Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 25-10-2022, 22:41   #721
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who

Needs a reboot.
Old 26-10-2022, 01:45   #722
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Every new Doctor is basically a reboot.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2022, 09:49   #723
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think it needs a change in tone to refresh itself. Basically a reinvention of what the show is. Even when they change Doctors it always has that kind of goofiness going on that has been run into the ground at this point.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2022, 23:42   #724
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Well I finally got to see last weeks special (was busy last weekend).

It was nice to see a lot of old faces, both doctor and companions (Ace was one of my favourites, as was Jo Grant). I also liked Graham, it was a shame he left.

Overall, I didnt think it was too bad as an episode, good to see Daleks being evil again, as well as Cybermen (who finally ditched that weird gold problem) and the Master being properly evil again. The best part, of course, was the departure of Jodie. She has been a complete disaster IMO, and clearly the makers seem to think so, they have resorted to pulling in Tennant to try and revive its fortunes - before the black guy takes over in 2024 (or possibly in an Xmas Special at the end of 2023).

I still think he was chosen purely as yet another "inclusive" token (a trend thats infecting and killing all shows) - but that said, I will see how it goes, he may turn out to be great. He cant be any worse than the last one.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 00:49   #725
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Well look at The Master, Missy and the current Master are excellent. I don't see why The Doctor can't do the same.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:50   #726
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Doctor Who will have no ‘gap years’ on Disney+

Russell T Davies commits to shorter annual series with Ncuti Gatwa

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/inter...rce=Newsletter
Old 08-12-2022, 21:01   #727
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Doctor Who will have no ‘gap years’ on Disney+

Russell T Davies commits to shorter annual series with Ncuti Gatwa

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/inter...rce=Newsletter
Paywalled. Can you post an excerpt?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 21:31   #728
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Paywalled. Can you post an excerpt?
That's the only excerpt I have as a non subscriber
Old 08-12-2022, 21:47   #729
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I think this link may give all the information behind the broardcastnow paywall.

https://www.cinemablend.com/streamin...-and-im-pumped
Old 09-12-2022, 02:27   #730
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Also this seems to be the same information

https://thedirect.com/article/disney...-episode-count

Season 14 (in 2024) will consist of 8 episodes (plus there will be 4 specials before it, for the 60th anniversary in late 2023).

There will be a yearly Christmas special again.

Quote:
Davies also confirmed that Christmas episodes would be returning moving forward.
Quote:
It takes a while to get the empire in shape, but that’s a serious plan: annual Doctor Who, no gap years, lots of content, on and on

Old 09-12-2022, 03:28   #731
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Thanx Paul,it is the same basic info........
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:06   #732
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Also this seems to be the same information

https://thedirect.com/article/disney...-episode-count

Season 14 (in 2024) will consist of 8 episodes (plus there will be 4 specials before it, for the 60th anniversary in late 2023).

There will be a yearly Christmas special again.
The Disney deal may turn out to be the best thing that’s happened to Doctor Who since the 2005 relaunch. The show’s original run was always at the mercy of capricious executives at the BBC who didn’t feel any sense of ownership of, or obligation towards, something whose success was entirely not their own doing. It suffered interference throughout the mid-late 80s, leading to inconsistent scheduling and reduced production quality, with the inevitable loss of ratings that are then used as a pretext to fully cancel any popular old show that just won’t go away.

There have been too many early signs of similar happening to Who over the past 3-5 years for my liking. Series have got shorter, it’s moved around the schedules, the Christmas special was moved to new year, a position in the season schedules from which it is far easier to drop something entirely (as has now happened), and stunt-casting (Bradley Walsh paid off, more or less, but I don’t think John Bishop did. Great comedian, but as he himself said, ‘middle aged scouse comic’ is the limit of his range).

With Disney paying what’s rumoured to be an absolute king’s ransom for the RotW distribution rights, come certain obligations. The mouse will expect to see a substantial chunk of that money going on increased production values (which, to be fair, are still pretty high on this series), but most of all to satisfy their own streaming drop schedules they will have insisted on the very consistent scheduling that RTD is now promising. There has been an alignment of the stars here - I have no doubt Davies will have wanted predictable, ongoing scheduling (and a Christmas special), but Disney’s backing will have made it non-negotiable.

I have yet to understand what the heck it is they currently do that makes a gap year a necessity, when they can churn out crap like Casualty on a weekly basis and American studios can produce popular sci fi like the Stargate franchise at a rate of 20+ episodes per year (often many more once the spin-offs began) for 14 years.

Last edited by Chris; 09-12-2022 at 12:09.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2022, 01:28   #733
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Teaser Trailer for 2023.

Old 26-12-2022, 22:14   #734
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The appearance of Tennant has gotten me properly hyped. Skipped the entirety of Whittaker but admittedly I started to wane off by the end of Capaldi.
Old 14-05-2023, 04:07   #735
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Trailer for the three 2023 specials.