Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lag in games

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Lag in games

Old 08-04-2008, 15:55   #1
2008paul
Inactive

2008paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Lag in games

Hi all.

I made a forum before http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...ow-page-2.html

I still have bad lag.

But thy is one thing i know now and that is wean my sister is useing youtube it makes my games lag.

How i fixs this?

I asked her 2 stop useing youtube but she keeps useing it

Plzs help and thank you to every one.
2008paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2008, 16:22   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Lag in games

If your router allows it, you can enable QoS functions to limit the bandwidth of specific users. However any streamed data will inevitably affect the bandwidth of everyone sharing the connection.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 18:54   #3
2008paul
Inactive

2008paul is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know aney thing abount what that is):
2008paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 19:12   #4
ShaneC
cf.addict

ShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about themShaneC has a spectacular aura about them

Why did you start another thread then ??? QOS and bandwidth shaping are two different things. QOS is unlikely to be an option on your router. Bandwidth shaping/throtling may be an option but you will need to get access to your routers configuration. I doubt you really know how.

I'm afraid the best option seems to be to disconnect your sisters PC
ShaneC is offline   Reply With Quote