Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2020, 23:26   #8041
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
“Deep pockets” DAZN in court low balling Canelo offering $20m a fight and bonuses linked to subscriber growth. Nice of them to recognise that they need an underlying business model but is the biggest draw in boxing likely to see this as anything other than “bait and switch”?
I'm sure I read they were also trying to raise a billion dollars in funding and were feeling the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2020, 00:06   #8042
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm sure I read they were also trying to raise a billion dollars in funding and were feeling the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Indeed. They’re very much on the brink with greater liabilities than they have assets.
Old 26-09-2020, 13:02   #8043
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Am i reading it wrong or do some on here seem to gloat when streaming services struggle?
Old 26-09-2020, 13:59   #8044
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Am i reading it wrong or do some on here seem to gloat when streaming services struggle?
Why would any posters do that?.
Old 26-09-2020, 14:20   #8045
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

Old 26-09-2020, 14:34   #8046
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You read it very wrong.
Old 26-09-2020, 15:01   #8047
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Amazon Prime Via V6

Quick question! I’ve got both a 4K Firestick and a V6 both on the 4K tv

When I watch a UHD title via the Firestick it actually states on the banner at the bottom of the screen UHD HDR

But when I watch the same title via the V6 box it’s just states HDR HD

Is this normal? The TV is set up as UHD and the V6 box is set to 2160p
Old 26-09-2020, 15:09   #8048
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I've seen this issue a few times.

Reboot the V6 and try again. On the V6 is should say "HDR Ultra HD".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Amazon Prime Via V6

Quick question! I’ve got both a 4K Firestick and a V6 both on the 4K tv

When I watch a UHD title via the Firestick it actually states on the banner at the bottom of the screen UHD HDR

But when I watch the same title via the V6 box it’s just states HDR HD

Is this normal? The TV is set up as UHD and the V6 box is set to 2160p
Old 26-09-2020, 15:17   #8049
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Appreciate that Ozsat. Will give it a go

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Worked like a dream, thanks again
Old 26-09-2020, 16:30   #8050
Pster72
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Tivo VIP Package (Including Sky sports and Movies)
Pster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the roughPster72 is a jewel in the rough

Anybody having trouble with the All4 app mine just opens with a black screen
Old 26-09-2020, 16:37   #8051
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
If you are referring to me I subscribe to three of them, and use Premier Sports streaming app (I paid for the Sky subscription for someone else) as cheaper than Virgin.

I don't think it's a positive outcome for non-viable streaming services to drive up the costs of sports rights though. At the end of the day subscribers meet the costs.
Old 26-09-2020, 16:45   #8052
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster72 View Post
Anybody having trouble with the All4 app mine just opens with a black screen
Some people are, there's a several pages long thread on the VM official forums. I've used it multiple times over the last few days and had no issue though, so something that's not affecting everyone.
Old 26-09-2020, 18:54   #8053
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
If you are referring to me I subscribe to three of them, and use Premier Sports streaming app (I paid for the Sky subscription for someone else) as cheaper than Virgin.

I don't think it's a positive outcome for non-viable streaming services to drive up the costs of sports rights though. At the end of the day subscribers meet the costs.
Nah was just me typing before my morning coffee lol.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just me typing before my morning coffee lol.
Old 26-09-2020, 23:43   #8054
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Presumably, if Amazon did decide to make a bid, and charged less for premiership football, you would eat your hat!
Old 26-09-2020, 23:46   #8055
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Presumably, if Amazon did decide to make a bid, and charged less for premiership football, you would eat your hat!
I’d subscribe. I’m a rational consumer in the marketplace.

What I don’t see, and evidently nor do they by recent reporting, is how they bid more and reduce costs to the end user.
Closed Thread