Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 17-06-2013, 11:51   #1951
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

LOL this means nothing.

1) BT ISN'T the only place to get ESPN & BT sports as we know Sky will get it.
2) It's TRUE that it's ONLY free with BT Broadband
3) It's all about trying to make them switch B4 VM announce their package price.
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2013, 11:52   #1952
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l would take that advert with a pinch of salt as it has a lot of untruths in it as they know as well as Virgin do that BT Sports will appear on VM platform before the start of the season and they are just having a last desperate throw of the dice before the deal is announced in the coming weeks.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:56   #1953
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
But they are saying something - they are still in negotiations. No company is going to inform anyone on this or any other forums as to the status of those negotiations.

If they did then they are even bigger fools than some on here claim they are.

Sky are testing because they have it.

VM are not babies and the new owners certainly aren't. Their customer relations are below average in my view but certainly not the worst that I have encountered

Anyway regardless of whatever they say some on here would claim it's all lies designed to put people off moving ISP.
Sky are not testing it. BT are testing it.

The Sky EPG is open to any broadcaster, it is BT who is broadcasting and testing the channels, you can use the Sky box and access via the Sky EPG. But has nothing to do with Sky.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 12:26   #1954
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
LOL this means nothing.

1) BT ISN'T the only place to get ESPN & BT sports as we know Sky will get it.
It's all about word play. Although BT Sports will be on SKY, SKY customers need to contact BT, and pay BT directly, to add the channels. Technically BT saying BT is the only place to get BT Sport & ESPN from next season is accurate. Still sneaky though.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 12:53   #1955
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice

Had a survey emailed to me today as contacted Virgin Saturday, one of the questions was how interested was I in the BT Sports Channels.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 13:08   #1956
Jameseh

I'm guessing they're gauging interest before throwing money at BT.
Old 17-06-2013, 14:24   #1957
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Is ESPN currently available on TV Anywhere? Quickly reading the small print of the ad I got the impression that it's access to ESPN over the internet that Virgin customers are about to lose? I may have interpreted that incorrectly.
Old 17-06-2013, 14:31   #1958
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Is ESPN currently available on TV Anywhere? Quickly reading the small print of the ad I got the impression that it's access to ESPN over the internet that Virgin customers are about to lose? I may have interpreted that incorrectly.
Yes - both ESPN and ESPN Classic are http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/live/channels/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 15:54   #1959
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l would take that advert with a pinch of salt as it has a lot of untruths in it as they know as well as Virgin do that BT Sports will appear on VM platform before the start of the season and they are just having a last desperate throw of the dice before the deal is announced in the coming weeks.
Den, where is your source for the untruth of "as they know as well as Virgin do that BT Sports will appear on VM platform before the start of the season"

For it to be an untruth, you need to know they are lying.

I know you think BT sports will be on Virgin, and you may be correct, but you do not know.

Or do you? Pray tell your source(s). And I will not accept mystic meg, or next door's cat as reliable sources to be able to say it is an "untruth"
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 16:33   #1960
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Phoned Virgin today as once again I'm thinking of going back to Sky. Was on the phone for about 15 minutes. They offered me a reduction on my BB speed at £6 less but tying me to another 12 months, which I didn't agree to. The lady was very good but was very evasive when it came to discussing BT Sports. Brought the conversation back to the possibility of Virgin not carrying it a couple of times and she was floundering badly on it each time and tried to steer the conversation away from it.
Old 17-06-2013, 16:40   #1961
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
The lady was very good but was very evasive when it came to discussing BT Sports. Brought the conversation back to the possibility of Virgin not carrying it a couple of times and she was floundering badly on it each time and tried to steer the conversation away from it.
She has access to exactly the same information as is on the website i.e. VM are still in negotiations.
Old 17-06-2013, 17:10   #1962
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

BT Sport picks up inaugural World Club Sevens rights.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/b...sevens_rights/
Old 17-06-2013, 18:18   #1963
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

An interesting snippet in the sun today where they belittle BTs claims about 18 top pick games, they only get these after sky have picked their 20 top pick games, so utd v city, Liverpool v utd, arsenal v Chelsea will all still be on sky!!! They also say that sky have a purple response team (?) that are planning to reign hell on BTs advertising and marketing strategy
Ps VM are probably assembling a pink team to tell us how it is more important to record 3 programmes whilst streaming iplayer
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 18:21   #1964
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
An interesting snippet in the sun today where they belittle BTs claims about 18 top pick games, they only get these after sky have picked their 20 top pick games, so utd v city, Liverpool v utd, arsenal v Chelsea will all still be on sky!!! They also say that sky have a purple response team (?) that are planning to reign hell on BTs advertising and marketing strategy
Ps VM are probably assembling a pink team to tell us how it is more important to record 3 programmes whilst streaming iplayer
I'm not sure that is true

38 weeks football...BT gets 18 top picks...sky 20

But lets wait and see...unless you are with virgin...then it is..coming soon to a tv not with virgin
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2013, 18:35   #1965
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I'm not sure that is true

38 weeks football...BT gets 18 top picks...sky 20

But lets wait and see...unless you are with virgin...then it is..coming soon to a tv not with virgin
Oh deary deary me Sir Colin your pessimism towards Virgin knows no bounds it seems.