Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2016, 22:38   #571
RBMark

Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
None of this is helping. We are where we are at the moment. As some point, hopefully this week, the bad news will stop and we'll hit a period of relative calm at least for a bit. The worry is that it does look almost certain that we're heading for a recession. If anyone in politics has a good idea now would be the time to air it.

I knew I was right, your certain doom changed to maybe doom and now it's we are heading to relative calm. Welcome to your future!

UK's employment agencys report Eastern European workers wanting work in Scotland !!

Advertisement
Old 27-06-2016, 22:45   #572
RizzyKing

Many of us voted leave because we want the uk to be independent and sovereign governed by citizens of the uk from a uk parliament and because we do not want to be part of a European federal superstate is that clear enough now only have to repeat things two or three times before some get it.

Old 27-06-2016, 22:51   #573
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Some remain voters need to just get their head out of there bums and get over it out is out get over it move on get a life
Old 27-06-2016, 22:52   #574
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Many of us voted leave because we want the uk to be independent and sovereign governed by citizens of the uk from a uk parliament and because we do not want to be part of a European federal superstate is that clear enough now only have to repeat things two or three times before some get it.
I voted leave, but your punctuation is making me question that!!!

Old 27-06-2016, 22:53   #575
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
It doesn't matter he gave the UK an option we chose he has to abide by that. he's the leader of this country until otherwise and has to make sure that everything he does is in the best interests of the country and it's people.

Even if he has to start the process off then hand it over we have to do what is best and to protect our country
I really don't think you'd like it if he did what was best to protect our country for right now.
Old 27-06-2016, 22:55   #576
RBMark

Quote:
Some remain voters need to just get their head out of there bums and get over it out is out get over it move on get a life
I know a few vote Remainers who regret it, now there won't be a emergency budget, no threat to the NHS and no war. They are furious but accept what happened.

Old 27-06-2016, 22:55   #577
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
He didn't start that Damien Tory backbenchers have bought the leadership election forward.
That'd be because they're the ones who handle leadership elections, not the outgoing incumbent.
Old 27-06-2016, 22:56   #578
RBMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I really don't think you'd like it if he did what was best to protect our country for right now.

When you say "our country" what do you mean? You do realise parliament voted 6-1 in favour of a democratic EU leave/remain referendum.

Old 27-06-2016, 23:04   #579
Ignitionnet
Inactive

I noted something in a quote, so for the studio audience:

Quote:
I think some people need to wake up, the pound dropping, the FTSE falling, pensions losing value does not effect a lot of Leavers.
Yes it does, and impacts everyone regardless of their vote.

The pound dropping means imports of things like raw materials for manufacturing become more expensive, alongside the fuel needed to run the production lines. Factories close.

Just speaking with the CTO of a fibre optic network builder they've cancelled 3 projects today because they pay for the equipment in US Dollars, their suppliers are in the United States, and the drop in Sterling has meant those projects will cost too much to be viable.

This kind of thing is why I've changed my mind on referenda over the past week.

EDIT: RBMark if you're responding to me you're wasting your time. As previously noted you're on ignore. I only saw the above as it was in a quote and thought it merited a comment given that, like many of your comments, it's quite simply wrong.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:07   #580
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I'm just sick of the insults on here. I'm happy I voted out. I didn't want to be ruled by Germany, become one nation, have our currency eventually turned into the Euro and be ruled by a EU super Government. because that is the way it was going. the UK was a small minority to 27+ member states.

I'm I happy the whole country might go tits up no chance would I want people to lose jobs no....were people losing jobs anyway being in the EU yes

I'm I on 35-40k as one poster suggested no I'm on 18k and my wife on the verge of losing her job next week leaving us 30k+ in debt.

I'm still happy I voted and we knew there would be economic uncertainty the only problem is the Gov is imploding on itself over the Referendum half of this wouldn't be that bad if they had actually got their finger out.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:09   #581
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
I'll remember to quote this back at you if/when we join the EEA with free movement of labour should you be up in arms about it.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:11   #582
RBMark

Quote:
I'm just sick of the insults on here. I'm happy I voted out. I didn't want to be ruled by Germany, become one nation, have our currency eventually turned into the Euro and be ruled by a EU super Government. because that is the way it was going. the UK was a small minority to 27+ member states.

I'm I happy the whole country might go tits up no chance would I want people to lose jobs no....were people losing jobs anyway being in the EU yes

I'm I on 35-40k as one poster suggested no I'm on 18k and my wife on the verge of losing her job next week leaving us 30k+ in debt.

I'm still happy I voted and we knew there would be economic uncertainty the only problem is the Gov is imploding on itself over the Referendum half of this wouldn't be that bad if they had actually got their finger out.
Never apologise for doing something you believe in, wether it turns out to be right or wrong always know that in your heart you did what you thought was best for you and your family. Anyone who can't respect that is not worth worrying about.

Old 27-06-2016, 23:11   #583
RizzyKing

Apologies for my punctuation I'm six days into a pounding headache and sleeping about two hours a day so some things are slipping. Not sure that invalidates my point though the snobbery is getting thick in many places lately.

Oh for gods sake ignitionnet not everyone cared about immigration stop acting like that was the only reason anyone voted leave.

Old 27-06-2016, 23:15   #584
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:

Have you considered getting a gun so that you can just put it to your temple and pull the trigger literally rather than just metaphorically?

EDIT: Okay that was harsh and I in no way advocate doing that. I just struggle to understand how you could be happy about this given the first paragraph just couldn't happen without our consent. It would involve treaty change, which we have a veto on, ceding sovereignty triggers a referendum here, and the EU had already accepted that we weren't prepared to integrate further.

If you were told that paragraph was going to happen you were lied to.

Remember, though, that it was your choice and you don't have to justify it to anyone, least of all some random bloke on a forum.

Last edited by Ignitionnet; 27-06-2016 at 23:26.
Old 27-06-2016, 23:17   #585
RBMark

Quote:
I'll remember to quote this back at you if/when we join the EEA with free movement of labour should you be up in arms about it.

Why did you originally leave London? An what did you blame it on?.............

We don't always get it right, but we vote with honest hearts,

---------- Post added at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was at 23:15 ----------

Quote:
Have you considered getting a gun so that you can just put it to your temple and pull the trigger literally rather than just metaphorically?
Yeah, encouraging suicide is now a criminal offence, I won't report it as I suspect it's another one of your too many glasses of wine rants you'll try to justify tomorrow. Go to bed!

Closed Thread