Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 28-11-2018, 21:38   #3886
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit

I was talking to three Dutch colleagues last night and they all said that the Deal is a bad one, and if it was them ( the Netherlands) in this position they’d prefer no deal.
Old 28-11-2018, 21:43   #3887
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I was talking to three Dutch colleagues last night and they all said that the Deal is a bad one, and if it was them ( the Netherlands) in this position they’d prefer no deal.
There would be riots on the street and possibly civil war in any other country, if they were treated the same way as in the UK(especially England, eg where's our English Parliament).
Old 28-11-2018, 22:21   #3888
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Think you're just trying to convince yourself mate,... The effects of Brexit will last for generations, not too late to turn back but it would involve some admitting they were wrong, so it probably won't happen.
Brexit will do no such thing.

Absolute rubbish. Democracy must prevail. We must leave the EU!!!

Forget the Brexit TV debate with May and Corbyn - I want to see one with Mervyn King true believer in Brexit and does not believe the bullshit Remainer forcasts or Project fear as it as known as and chicken prick, Mark Carney.
Old 28-11-2018, 22:34   #3889
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Brexit will do no such thing.
What if it does? I can understand people being optimistic but considering the dramatic change we're about to undertake I am not sure why people are so convinced that it won't go wrong.
Old 28-11-2018, 22:45   #3890
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Andrea Leadsom back Mays deal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eresa-May.html
Old 28-11-2018, 22:56   #3891
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What if it does? I can understand people being optimistic but considering the dramatic change we're about to undertake I am not sure why people are so convinced that it won't go wrong.
No it's some Remainers who have convinced themselves that they want something to go wrong. They selfishly want Brexit to fail. Sod them I say.

I am prepared to put my country first, I voted to take us out of a dying corrupted Union that finally admitted it's true colours, wants to finally become a U.S.E with an Army and steal Sovereign power from it's member States, as per what Verhoftstadt said should happen.

True British Democracy must prevail, we must leave the EU. No stupid second referendums to stop the first - we must finally leave the EU.
Old 28-11-2018, 23:13   #3892
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

As we get closer to leaving the EU states are showing their true colours towards the UK, I hope the places crumbles. Even Rome for its size eventually fell
Old 29-11-2018, 06:31   #3893
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Pesky Europeans telling us what to do with our sovereignty...

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
As we get closer to leaving the EU states are showing their true colours towards the UK, I hope the places crumbles. Even Rome for its size eventually fell
I’m curious about this further use of emotive language. What have the EU done or said that couldn’t have been reasonably anticipated?

They are a trading bloc who naturally act in their collective interest. We have put ourselves in this situation with our nationalist bluster and lack of planning.
Old 29-11-2018, 08:31   #3894
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No it's some Remainers who have convinced themselves that they want something to go wrong. They selfishly want Brexit to fail. Sod them I say.
Remainers are worried something might go wrong. In my opinion it will impact the economy badly. However I know I might be wrong. It's the conviction you have that nothing will that I don't understand.

The scenario from the BoE is the 'worst case' but even a fraction of that could be really bad. 2008 was terrible obviously but there the economy 'only' shrank 4%, half of the BoE worse case scenario for Brexit, and if the UK has to go through anything nearly as bad as 2008 then that will be very bad. It's also why I question when people say that no deal will cause some pain but we'll get by, how much are the public willing to take? Because I think Boris Johnson and co are fooling themselves if they think the public will go for anything close to that.

Quote:
I am prepared to put my country first
The fact Remainers think this is bad for the country and want to stop it is also them putting their country first. People just disagree on what's best for it.

Last edited by Damien; 29-11-2018 at 08:45.
Old 29-11-2018, 09:44   #3895
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Brexit no deal on the table: UK will prepare for no deal IMMEDIATELY if vote lost

THERESA MAY has admitted that if her Brexit deal is voted down, immediate “practical steps” would be taken to prepare for a no-deal.

The admission took place in an evidence-giving Liaison committee in parliament this morning. Mrs May said: “The timetable is such that some people would need to take some practical steps in relation to no deal if parliament voted it down.” The Prime Minister also heavily implied that no planning was going on before the vote towards contingency options that would be put in place if her deal was voted down.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...ment-vote-lost
Old 29-11-2018, 09:57   #3896
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

They should have prepared for no deal for 2 years shouldn't they ? a bit late now ! Not an option and everyone knows it, just the latest unsubtle scare tactic to get whimpy MPs to vote for the current deal.
Old 29-11-2018, 10:13   #3897
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
They should have prepared for no deal for 2 years shouldn't they ? a bit late now ! Not an option and everyone knows it, just the latest unsubtle scare tactic to get whimpy MPs to vote for the current deal.
I seem to recall the gov saying several months ago that they were preparing for a no deal scenario .
Old 29-11-2018, 10:15   #3898
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I seem to recall the gov saying several months ago that they were preparing for a no deal scenario .
Actions often speak louder then words..
Old 29-11-2018, 10:32   #3899
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Actions often speak louder then words..
Brexit: 'No deal' planning is well under way, says minister

Contingency plans in case the UK has to leave the EU with no deal in place are "well under way", a minister has said.

Dominic Raab said while the UK had to "strive for the very best outcome" from Brexit negotiations, it had to "prepare for all eventualities".

The Sunday Telegraph claimed there were plans to "unlock" billions of pounds in the new year to prepare for a "no deal" Brexit, if talks make no progress.

Six months of Brexit negotiations have not led to a significant breakthrough.

This is from oct 2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41544588
Old 29-11-2018, 10:37   #3900
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Pesky Europeans telling us what to do with our sovereignty...

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

I’m curious about this further use of emotive language. What have the EU done or said that couldn’t have been reasonably anticipated?

They are a trading bloc who naturally act in their collective interest. We have put ourselves in this situation with our nationalist bluster and lack of planning.

Looking at the comments you've been making since joining this thread I've found them really condescending some kind of one-upmanship aimed towards those that wanted to vote out.

We have spain, macron , italy and the EU council themselves to name a few.

We talk about having our cake and eating it, well why not the EU are doing the exact same. It's not even about trade it's about the divorce it's what the EU want from the UK in order to leave. They are happy to take but return nothing in favour, Divorce doesn't work like that.
Closed Thread