Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 28-12-2008, 16:02   #2176
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
re: Rate the last movie you saw

Finally saw Transformers today. Not bad at all. At least a 7 out of 10 for me.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-12-2008, 16:06   #2177
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Finally saw Transformers today. Not bad at all. At least a 7 out of 10 for me.
Watching it now, love this movie, seen it at least 20 times, I'd rate it 10/10
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:25   #2178
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
9 hours, 3 guys in the woods, 1 ring getting destroyed.....
ROFL, more than 9 hours, with the Extended Editions...

-----------------------------

Ah, Christmas TV...

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8/10

Ella Enchanted - 5/10

Big - 8/10

Madagascar - 6/10

Richard III - 9/10

The 39 Steps (BBC version) - 8/10
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 00:09   #2179
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Blade - 8/10

Blade II - 8/10

If rated solely for coolness, & how much of a bad-ass Blade is - 10/10

Blade Trinity - 6/10

Too much "Nightstalker" action, & not enough Blade. I had heard that was due to Goyer thinking of doing a Nightstalker spin-off, which would make sense (not that doing a spin-off itself would actually make sense, as that would suck).

Jessica Biel is super-sexy as Whistler's daughter Abigail, although the whole iPod thing is stupid. Still, at least she's better than...

Hannibal King. I can't remember the name of the guy who played King, & I don't want to. The character was an irritating arse, rather than what I assume was meant to be some sort of ill-judged comic relief. Blade's face whenever King speaks says it all...

The only funny thing King said was a joke about lesbian vampires.

Other than that, he was a <beep beep>, & seemed out of place in what is meant to be a BLADE MOVIE. I want to see Wesley Snipes killing vampires with loads of cool weapons, not some unfunny numpty making jokes.

The dogs were also bloody stupid. WTF was up with the whole Reaper mouth thing?!

Oh, & Drake... Although it was amusing seeing Prison Break's Lincoln Burrows as a vampire, I think the whole Drake thing was crap in various ways. Ah, he's got a "segmented snake style skeleton" so he can shapeshift, of course... And WTF did he have a Reaper mouth when in monster form?

Funny seeing BSG's Leoben as a vampire too.

And the main vampire chick was quite fit.

Also, the ending of the Extended version makes no sense. If they wanted to remove the bit with Drake-as-Blade on the autopsy table, they really should have also removed Drake's comment to Blade about a "parting gift".

Still, at least the final cut didn't use the godawful warewolf ending...

I did quite enjoy Trinity, & I enjoyed it the 1st time I saw it a few years ago or whenever it came out. But watching again it straight after re-watching the first two really shows how poor it is in comparison...
Old 30-12-2008, 00:17   #2180
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

Wow Matt, did you breathe during that??
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 01:18   #2181
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Lakeview Terrace 8/10

Pretty decent thriller. Sam Jackson really is a bad mofo in this movie, lol.
Old 30-12-2008, 09:05   #2182
cishi
Inactive

cishi is an unknown quantity at this point

WANTED 9/10

Great storyline with unexpected twist. Nice stunts with computer generated graphics.
cishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 09:08   #2183
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

House Bunny

You can't help but laughing

7/10
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 00:15   #2184
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cishi View Post
WANTED 9/10

Great storyline with unexpected twist. Nice stunts with computer generated graphics.

I found the twist rather obvious, but it was still a very enjoyable movie, with some excellent action.

-----------

Conspiracy - 9/10

Excellent fact-based BBC/HBO dramatisation of the Wannsee Conference, at which Reinhard Heydrich & other Nazis discussed how to go about the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question"...

Very well made, with a top notch cast (including Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich, Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann, and Colin Firth as Wilhelm Stuckart).
Old 31-12-2008, 11:32   #2185
shredder
Inactive

shredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation erashredder has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to shredder

Changeling - I wasn't expecting to like it, but I actually really did! 8/10.

Set in the 1920's and quite sad in parts, directed by Clint Eastwood.
shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2008, 14:30   #2186
zing_deleted

Bedtime Stories. Took Bethia to cinema to watch and expected an ok film but it was well funny. All the Happy Madison lot were in it a couple of cameo roles by Rod Schneider and a few other faces you will recognise including Russel Brand and Guy Pearce. Humour is excellent story is excellent and the kids will love top fun 9/10

The Guinea pig steals the show
Old 31-12-2008, 14:50   #2187
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Conspiracy - 9/10

Excellent fact-based BBC/HBO dramatisation of the Wannsee Conference, at which Reinhard Heydrich & other Nazis discussed how to go about the "Final Solution to the Jewish Question"...

Very well made, with a top notch cast (including Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich, Stanley Tucci as Adolf Eichmann, and Colin Firth as Wilhelm Stuckart).
I thought this was excellent as well, very powerful, they could have so easily been discussing a mice/cocroach infestation. (If you didn't know the truth.)

I bought this on DVD a few years back. A must see.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:37   #2188
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

The Fast and the Furious: Enjoyable enough action flick. 7/10

The Cat Returns: Thoroughly enjoyable piece from Studio Ghibli, with talking cats. 8/10
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:05   #2189
mharte
Inactive

mharte is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
(thread idea lifted from another forum )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.
Recently, Match Point - Scarlett Johannsson and Johnathan Rhys Meyers, brilliant, I cannot admit how many times of have watched it, embarrassing!! Great idea by the way nicked or not! HPNY 2009.
mharte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:09   #2190
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Mamma Mia! Total, utter, unremitting pants from beginning to end. 0.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote