Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

Old 18-08-2014, 16:26   #16
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky sports 1 hd some weird shape

I thought that when VM went to Nag3 it stopped all the illegal viewing? Or did I read wrong?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-08-2014, 16:30   #17
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
I thought that when VM went to Nag3 it stopped all the illegal viewing? Or did I read wrong?
it did but this is to stop people streaming there feed online
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 16:49   #18
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
it did but this is to stop people streaming there feed online
Ok cheers for that
Old 18-08-2014, 17:00   #19
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No, there is still a community of people stealing the service and vendors openly selling the equipment to do so.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 17:42   #20
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
No, there is still a community of people stealing the service and vendors openly selling the equipment to do so.
I thought that nag3 was not crackable?
Old 18-08-2014, 18:21   #21
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I thought that nag3 was not crackable?
It is very secure but there are other methods of stealing the service.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:34   #22
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

The shape is very annoying, I pay good money like others. I have been on VIP for a number of years...Why don't they put the shape next to the Sky Sports logo?
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:51   #23
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Why don't they put the shape next to the Sky Sports logo?
As the Sky Sports logo is present in all feeds, not just VM, and the heart is also present over the adverts, I presume they are inserted by different systems. Sky frequently the Sky Sports logo about, so it would be difficult to coordinate the two.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 15:53   #24
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
The shape is very annoying, I pay good money like others. I have been on VIP for a number of years...Why don't they put the shape next to the Sky Sports logo?
Thank you! I don't care who it is responsible (sky, virgin) but some common sense should prevail here like whatever numbers,symbols they need all in the same place
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 16:06   #25
jodash
Inactive

Services: Virgin VHDX1 Tivo X2 100mg B/B and Telephone (VIP) IPhone,Ipad
jodash is on a distinguished roadjodash is on a distinguished road

I prefer the heart to the numbers we saw last season, I've been with VM since the telewest days and I've got no problem with it and if it's stops people watching illegal streams that's even better
jodash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 16:12   #26
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The numbers still appear this season
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 23:14   #27
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

The heart won't replace the numbers.

Essentially the heart is for the FA Rights Gestapo who visit pubs up and down the country. If they see a game on without a Sky pint symbol (but with Sky Sports branding) or with a VM heart symbol then they know the pub is using a consumer subscription that is not intended to be used for a public performance.

If the pub is using a foreign satellite service they can't do a thing, thankfully.

The numbers are in an effort to identify people streaming games on the internet. The lovely FA people (who are also hunting down the dastardly Viners and Giffers) will find a stream they think is originating from the UK and if they see the numbers they make a note and inform virgin or sky who can then identify the subscriber. Not sure if they can request the numbers be activated or they just have to get lucky, I'd assume the former.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 14:12   #28
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I think the problem with pubs is that Sky charge too much.. A friend of mine used to manage my local at work, and she says that the increase in customers when Sky were showing a match just about covered the cost of the subscription. It also caused a rise in complaints because, of course, everyone would go to the bar during half time or before/after games, which caused the service to slow to a crawl during those times.

So, she cancelled the subscription and only uses the system that has been installed during big international games, and only if they are on ITV or BBC.

Having said that, the pub is always fairly busy on Friday or Saturday, the bar is small enough that it's not really feasible to have more than 4 bar staff on duty at any given time, and they normally have 4 working on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 14:29   #29
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I think the problem with pubs is that Sky charge too much.. A friend of mine used to manage my local at work, and she says that the increase in customers when Sky were showing a match just about covered the cost of the subscription. It also caused a rise in complaints because, of course, everyone would go to the bar during half time or before/after games, which caused the service to slow to a crawl during those times.

So, she cancelled the subscription and only uses the system that has been installed during big international games, and only if they are on ITV or BBC.

Having said that, the pub is always fairly busy on Friday or Saturday, the bar is small enough that it's not really feasible to have more than 4 bar staff on duty at any given time, and they normally have 4 working on Fridays and Saturdays anyway.
I think it is only really worth it for the bigger pubs. Frankly, a subscription to BT might be more appropriate as it is a lot cheaper. They show fewer games, but this must be better than making a loss on the whole thing.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 22:25   #30
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Really doesn't bother me if I'm honest, but I'm struggling to understand the need for the heart. Surely if there if it is a business subscription then the pint will be on display. The lack of a pint glass is therefore enough to demonstrate that it isn't. I don't see how an extra symbol adds any further certainty?
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote