Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2019, 07:12   #5761
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nothing has shown up on "my app list" yet.
Same here but I can search and watch without the app showing on the list.
Old 22-07-2019, 07:21   #5762
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Same here but I can search and watch without the app showing on the list.
It is on there now as strange l checked the other box 10 minutes later and it was on there and once l rebooted this box it showed up.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:17   #5763
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If you don't have the app yet, go into Network Settings and do a connection.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:22   #5764
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

There's a lot of content available to rent / buy that's also available on Virgin Movies / Virgin Media Store, in some cases it's cheaper on Amazon Prime Video. Interesting that Virgin Media has allowed another service onto the platform that competes directly with its own services.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:23   #5765
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
There's a lot of content available to rent / buy that's also available on Virgin Movies / Virgin Media Store, in some cases it's cheaper on Amazon Prime Video. Interesting that Virgin Media has allowed another service onto the platform that competes directly with its own services.
Virgin Media Store is not owned by Virgin Media as far as l know SonicMaster.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:36   #5766
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The Amazon app has appeared in my 'Apps list' and is loading fine.

Programmes on Amazon are appearing in the V6 search menus and link to the app.

And subscribed Amazon channels, like Eurosport Xtra and MGM, are all streaming fine.
I'm surprised the channels are available. I thought that part might not have been allowed by VM.

Interesting.
Old 22-07-2019, 10:06   #5767
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Virgin Media Store is not owned by Virgin Media as far as l know SonicMaster.
https://www.libertyglobal.com/wp-con...31-2017-Q4.pdf

Quote:
Virgin Movies
Our PPV movie service, Virgin Movies, offers...

Virgin Media Store
Our Electronic Sell-Through (EST) service launched in September 2017 and offers...
Virgin Movies and Virgin Media Store are both provided for and on behalf of Virgin Media Limited by Vubiquity Management Limited, so it's safe to assume that Virgin Media are generating income from these services.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 22-07-2019 at 10:24.
Old 22-07-2019, 12:33   #5768
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Same as BT tbf BT allowed the full Amazon video service on their platform too and BT has it's own movies/tv store.
Not sure about other platforms aka plusner, talktalk and sky.
Old 22-07-2019, 12:48   #5769
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Same as BT tbf BT allowed the full Amazon video service on their platform too and BT has it's own movies/tv store.
Not sure about other platforms aka plusner, talktalk and sky.
Sky does not have Amazon Prime although it does have Netflix.
Old 22-07-2019, 12:49   #5770
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

New app works a treat - and fast, too.
For me, the big plus of the Amazon Prime Video app is its integration into the V6 search and bookmarking. As far as I know, Sky doesn't have this (please correct me if I'm wrong) and having all content tied together and searchable on the V6 is a massive plus point for Virgin.
Old 22-07-2019, 12:53   #5771
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
For me, the big plus of the Amazon Prime Video app is its integration into the V6 search and bookmarking.
As far as I know, Sky doesn't have this (please correct me if I'm wrong) and having all content tied together and searchable on the V6 is a massive plus point for Virgin.
l very much agree with what you have said Nialli.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
For me, the big plus of the Amazon Prime Video app is its integration into the V6 search and bookmarking. As far as I know, Sky doesn't have this (please correct me if I'm wrong) and having all content tied together and searchable on the V6 is a massive plus point for Virgin.
l am pretty sure not but MM will tell us.
Old 22-07-2019, 14:09   #5772
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

It's certainly a good addition to the V6 but what I find confusing is that some content is included with the Prime subscription while other shows/films must be paid for over and above this. It's not clear if UHD material is included in the basic sub or not. At first glance it all appears to be mixed in together and not easy to differentiate. At least with Netflix I can be certain that whatever I choose to watch is included in my sub.
Old 22-07-2019, 14:28   #5773
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
It's certainly a good addition to the V6 but what I find confusing is that some content is included with the Prime subscription while other shows/films must be paid for over and above this. It's not clear if UHD material is included in the basic sub or not. At first glance it all appears to be mixed in together and not easy to differentiate. At least with Netflix I can be certain that whatever I choose to watch is included in my sub.
On the Amazon Prime Video home page it will have the content included with Amazon Prime Video just like it is online as there are 5 lists in the menu which are All Videos , Your Videos , Included with Prime Video , Channels and Rent or buy and if one is a Amazon Prime member then all those included with Prime are free.
Old 22-07-2019, 15:26   #5774
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
On the Amazon Prime Video home page it will have the content included with Amazon Prime Video just like it is online as there are 5 lists in the menu which are All Videos , Your Videos , Included with Prime Video , Channels and Rent or buy and if one is a Amazon Prime member then all those included with Prime are free.
I hadn't seen that. Admittedly, it was just a quick glance at the app. I'll look again this evening when I have more time and see if I can make more sense of it. Either way it's a worthwhile addition.
Old 22-07-2019, 15:28   #5775
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
There's nothing VM can do about it as that's the Amazon interface. It's not the best and all the VM app does is make it available on the V6. I don't like the Netflix or NowTV interfaces either - I seem to be scrolling vertically and horizontally for ages looking for something to watch. That's why I'm pleased the Amazon and Netflix content can be searched with a single query, along with all the regular EPG and OnDemand content.
Closed Thread