Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit (Old)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit (Old)
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2018, 16:40   #751
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Given that day one of no deal could look like the below you may find a bad deal would be better than no deal.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8463636.html
i take anything this rag publishes about brexit as totally biased rubbish .
Old 28-07-2018, 16:42   #752
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i take anything this rag publishes about brexit as totally biased rubbish .
Sticking to the unbiased Fail/Express then Smurf
Old 28-07-2018, 16:47   #753
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Sticking to the unbiased Fail/Express then Smurf
no not at all
this rag is even petitioning for "a peoples vote" why? because in the referendum the wrong people won .
i wouldn't wipe my backside on it if was desperate .
Old 28-07-2018, 17:40   #754
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Exactly. The Remainers portray the damage as a one way system all aimed at us, the EU will be hurt more badly than us, if everything stops dead with no deal. I want a deal, still be friends with Europe, but we don’t need to be in the EU to still trade and do business. I don’t want a bad deal though like the Chequers Paper. No deal is better than a bad deal.
The EU will be hurt but not more than us. They’ll still be able to continue with each other’s countries. They are a much bigger bloc both in terms of GDP and population. France and Germany along are big and rich nations. What makes you think they’ll be hurt more?
Old 28-07-2018, 18:15   #755
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The worst part of it is that the EU are behaving nastily towards us. Why would we want to be in their club given they've shown their true colours?

The Remainers on this thread have answered the above question. Although the Remainers haven't conceded that the EU is behaving nastily, they know it but feel that protection of our economy is more important than getting away from an EU that treats us so badly.

The EU logically says that it is we who decided to leave, so it is up to us to come up with relationship proposals that suit the EU. Nothing we propose that they perceive as being to our advantage will ever suit the EU.

Then we have a useless guvmin that couldn't get to grips with this day 1 reality. Fox and co had convinced themselves that a trade agreement with the EU would be a doddle; they'd called the EU names for years but never took steps in power to forestall the eventuality we are now facing.

As March approaches, appraisals of the type made above will grow in frequency and assertiveness and public unrest will grow.

A bubble then has to burst. First it is likely to be the Conservative Party although that can be avoided by a change of leader. Second, public unrest could be assuaged by a second referendum which I'm now certain will lead to a Remain decision by a larger than 52/48 ratio.

As I've said before, I don't mind remaining in the EU provided that we are not bound by "ever closer union" and we can use our picador sticks on them to get France's protective mantle lifted; to get Germany's illegal 8% surplus reduced to 3%; stay out of the Euro.

But as I'm not allowed to call the Brussels lot "turds" I can only lament as to how we got to this stage and how let down we are by the Guvmin.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 28-07-2018, 18:36   #756
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The worst part of it is that the EU are behaving nastily towards us.
If people think this is bad wait for the shock you’ll all get when we start doing trade deals.
Old 28-07-2018, 19:13   #757
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I really hope that there won't be a shortage of drugs, I rely on a lot of medication to keep me going, as do many others.
I really wouldn't worry about that, Richard. It's scaremongering, pure and simple.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
no they wont they still got all there trade deals we be only country in world with 0 trade deal and just be a insignificant island off the cost of Europe

no deal is the worst thing that can happen
No, a bad deal is the worst thing that could happen.

Incidentally, we have already been in discussions with other countries to secure trade deals after we leave the EU.

I should also remind you that we don't need trade deals in order to trade.
Old 28-07-2018, 19:22   #758
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from OLD BOY:

I should also remind you that we don't need trade deals in order to trade.
That point does seem to pass the stallwart remainers by.
Old 28-07-2018, 19:28   #759
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
That point does seem to pass the stallwart remainers by.
It isn’t, I’ve said that multiple times.
Old 28-07-2018, 19:59   #760
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I really wouldn't worry about that, Richard. It's scaremongering, pure and simple.
Drug regulation is a big part of what I do for work. Will there be a shortage of drugs, the answer is ‘it depends’. A lot of drugs, particularly biological such as a number of cancer treatments (the ones wwith th generic names ending in MAB) are not actually approved directly by the MHRA, the UKs drug approvals body. Instead, we delegate this to the European Medicines Agency.

If one member of the EMA approves a drug, it is approved across the whole EU. It’s a nice system that works well for the industry and the consumer. The big question is tha will we accept EMA approved drugs post Brexit? What about new drugs?

A large number of bio.ogicals are made in Ireland and approved by the Irish regulatory bodies. Do we trust the going forward? If yes, what happens if something goes wrong, who is liable? What if there is a disagreement on the regulatory approaches? If no, we may need to approve all EMA approved drugs to MHRA standards going forward.

It’s a tough one! Do we trust a foreign drug agency to protect the health of British patients. In a WTO situation, if we accept EMA standards, we may need to accept any third party standards.

Regulated industries are terrified about this at present. See also aviation as an example...
Old 28-07-2018, 20:09   #761
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Drug regulation is a big part of what I do for work. Will there be a shortage of drugs, the answer is ‘it depends’. A lot of drugs, particularly biological such as a number of cancer treatments (the ones wwith th generic names ending in MAB) are not actually approved directly by the MHRA, the UKs drug approvals body. Instead, we delegate this to the European Medicines Agency.

If one member of the EMA approves a drug, it is approved across the whole EU. It’s a nice system that works well for the industry and the consumer. The big question is tha will we accept EMA approved drugs post Brexit? What about new drugs?

A large number of bio.ogicals are made in Ireland and approved by the Irish regulatory bodies. Do we trust the going forward? If yes, what happens if something goes wrong, who is liable? What if there is a disagreement on the regulatory approaches? If no, we may need to approve all EMA approved drugs to MHRA standards going forward.

It’s a tough one! Do we trust a foreign drug agency to protect the health of British patients. In a WTO situation, if we accept EMA standards, we may need to accept any third party standards.

Regulated industries are terrified about this at present. See also aviation as an example...
I don’t know if ‘terrified’ is the right description, but concerns are simply related to the fact that the government’s plans in case of a ‘no deal’ have not been announced yet.

There are so many people, it seems, that appear to have forgotten that we did have a (very successful) history before the EU!

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If people think this is bad wait for the shock you’ll all get when we start doing trade deals.
So defeatist! I’m glad you aren’t in charge of our negotiations!
Old 28-07-2018, 20:15   #762
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

@OLD_BOY

You were rather convinced that the Chequers Plan would fly. At least that's my interpretation of your words when replying to Remainers (and others) who were trashing it.

Now that the EU has trashed the key component (Customs) what is your next forecast as to what will happen?

Old 28-07-2018, 20:21   #763
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Given that day one of no deal could look like the below you may find a bad deal would be better than no deal.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8463636.html
Nice piece of fiction there, Mr K! However, you will soon find that this scenario is as unbelievable as the speculation over the Millennium Bug!

I didn’t believe that, either! Did you?

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
@OLD_BOY

You were rather convinced that the Chequers Plan would fly. At least that's my interpretation of your words when replying to Remainers (and others) who were trashing it.

Now that the EU has trashed the key component (Customs) what is your next forecast as to what will happen?
The Chequers Plan has, in fact, been approved by Parliament. The EU knows that Theresa May has very little wriggle room, so if it tries to push back too far, a no-deal situation will be with us.

Either scenario is OK by me.
Old 28-07-2018, 20:25   #764
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Nice piece of fiction there, Mr K! However, you will soon find that this scenario is as unbelievable as the speculation over the Millennium Bug!

I didn’t believe that, either! Did you?

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

The Chequers Plan has, in fact, been approved by Parliament. The EU knows that Theresa May has very little wriggle room, so if it tries to push back too far, a no-deal situation will be with us.

Either scenario is OK by me.
Possibly so; but you were so optimistic about the Chequers Plan and it is now dead because the customs proposal has been rejected.

Now it seems you are optimistic that the EU will sort of come to its senses and allow us to administer their customs duty collection. Is that your position?

Old 28-07-2018, 22:19   #765
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I didn't write the article OB ! It may/may not be exaggerated, but the fact is we are in deep do do with no deal, no matter how much Brexit supporters salivate over the prospect. Maybe its a sadomasochistic type of thing !

As for the Millennium Bug if we hadn't of made preparations and anticipated the problem we would have been in trouble. But we made the necessary adjustments. We've made no preparations for No Deal because this Government is useless and unable to do much because of it's weak position. ('strong and stable' LMAO ! )
Closed Thread