Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New content for Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New content for Virgin Media

Old 19-10-2018, 08:58   #241
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: New content for Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's a generational thing, Den. However, I wouldn't have thought that many people in their 50s would agree with your view on this.

Younger people, not being retired, tend to lead busy lives and do not want to be slaves to the TV schedule. These days, I never hear anyone saying they won't come out because they are following a drama or because their favourite programme is on (unless it's football!). That's because they are watching it on demand or recording it, which is how we watch all our programmes, and have done for the last decade or so.
Strange that as many people l know family/friends/relatives have a different viewpoint then yours.
Old 19-10-2018, 20:29   #242
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Strange that as many people l know family/friends/relatives have a different viewpoint then yours.
Interesting.

I now believe in parallel universes. Is there a wormhole near you, by any chance?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 20:41   #243
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Streaming services are used by some as a extra add on to their main Linear TV viewing MM but for someone to say they are the complete future and that Linear TV is going the way of the dodo is complete and utter codswallop.

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Strange that MM as we must be in opposite worlds as most of the people l know do the exactly the opposite.
I rarely watch anything live - even if I am in I would watch a football/rugby match 15-20 minutes behind from the start so I can skip the half-time break as life is too short to waste that time.

Even OB admits streaming is not going to happen until widespread provision of super fast broadband - will that happen in the next 20 years - I doubt it.

Also the more players there are the more it will cost a person to watch everything they want.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 21:16   #244
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

[QUOTE=Raider999;35967116]I rarely watch anything live - even if I am in I would watch a football/rugby match 15-20 minutes behind from the start so I can skip the half-time break as life is too short to waste that time. I never watch any show live and so much better not watching ads :

I even used it to skip injury stoppages ,also TV show fillers ie cars on country roads etc !
Old 19-10-2018, 21:48   #245
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Interesting.

I now believe in parallel universes. Is there a wormhole near you, by any chance?
My thoughts entirely, OB, some people just do not want to believe/accept what is happening, you have provided numerous examples from people in the industry stating the fact that the trend towards streaming/catch up far outweighs those who tune in to watch a show/drama/whatever at the scheduled time, let's be honest why would you anyway, when you have the ability, and the technology that allows you to watch what you want when you want, after all isn't that why the V6 has so many tuners?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 23:39   #246
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
My thoughts entirely, OB, some people just do not want to believe/accept what is happening, you have provided numerous examples from people in the industry stating the fact that the trend towards streaming/catch up far outweighs those who tune in to watch a show/drama/whatever at the scheduled time, let's be honest why would you anyway, when you have the ability, and the technology that allows you to watch what you want when you want, after all isn't that why the V6 has so many tuners?

These opinions wouldn't be from people who have an interest in providing the streaming perhaps?

My evidence of streaming is it is expensive for a very limited range of sports programmes when compared with the range and variety supplied by BT sports and sky.

They are talking about £5 to £10 per match to watch football league matches,. It was over £20 a month to watch NRL rugby league - just to give a couple of examples.

Ok if you just want to watch one sport but not if you want a range of sports, where currently traditional pay to is much cheaper per hour of content.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 11:34   #247
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

These opinions wouldn't be from people who have an interest in providing the streaming perhaps?

My evidence of streaming is it is expensive for a very limited range of sports programmes when compared with the range and variety supplied by BT sports and sky.

They are talking about £5 to £10 per match to watch football league matches,. It was over £20 a month to watch NRL rugby league - just to give a couple of examples.

Ok if you just want to watch one sport but not if you want a range of sports, where currently traditional pay to is much cheaper per hour of content.
Broadcasters like the BBC, perhaps?

I certainly agree that the sports streaming services are expensive, but quite honestly I do believe that other content via subscription (as opposed to pay per view) is extremely good value for money.
Old 11-12-2018, 22:30   #248
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

New series De Dag added to Virgin Exclusives.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:12   #249
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

This new channel has appeared on my Roku. It would be good if VM added Distro TV to the V6, it looks quite interesting.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019...otv-launching/

The new MTV app would also be good to have, although I would only watch any decent music video shows on it.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019...-consumer-app/

Last edited by OLD BOY; 05-02-2019 at 12:15.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:18   #250
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Given Virgins very slow pace at adding new apps l would say these apps are very unlikely to appear on the V6 anytime soon OB.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:21   #251
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Given Virgins very slow pace at adding new apps l would say these apps are very unlikely to appear on the V6 anytime soon OB.
I sincerely hope that VM do improve their ability to add new apps in a more timely manner in future.

I'm still hoping that Amazon will be gracing our screens soon and Disney + looks like it is an absolute must. I hope we get that from launch in the UK.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20190205...#axzz5eee4sAbc
Old 05-02-2019, 12:39   #252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I sincerely hope that VM do improve their ability to add new apps in a more timely manner in future.

Well thus so far with the V6 that is sadly not the case.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
I'm still hoping that Amazon will be gracing our screens soon and Disney + looks like it is an absolute must. I hope we get that from launch in the UK.
Having hope is all fine and dandy but reality oftens outweighs that OB.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:44   #253
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I wish VM could have the full version of All4. I've used the TV app on PS3 and Roku and it's fast and intuitive. Above all I'd like all the content, even if VM don't get the app itself, we only get a limited selection of Walter Presents so I know we are missing out on that content at least.

And the UKTV Play app has content we don't get, and it bears a resemblance to the recently added (in Scottish VM regions) STV Player app, which is pretty speedy.

The content being added is of course more important than the related apps. Though the problem is that the V6 doesn't necessarily pick it all up e.g. Life On Earth has 10 episodes on iPlayer but series link has only picked up 1 from iPlayer and it's been on for days (weeks?) now.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:58   #254
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I'm yet to use any of the terrestrial channels apps I'd actually want to use on a regular basis. The BBC iPlayer is the best of a bad bunch.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 13:25   #255
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm yet to use any of the terrestrial channels apps I'd actually want to use on a regular basis. The BBC iPlayer is the best of a bad bunch.
I agree, except to say that the i-Player is an extremely good catch-up app. I only wish the BBC was permitted to put more content on it.