Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 30-05-2022, 17:01   #5671
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Lost City

2/10 for the ten minutes I managed to bear it. Always loved Sandra Bullock but this was horrendous, and the woman is starting to look like an ad for cosmetic surgery. Painful.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2022, 23:18   #5672
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Top Gun, brilliant. Watched in 4DX! Not the best medium
Old 06-06-2022, 11:30   #5673
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Paddington 2 - lovely, nice gentle Pentecost Sunday afternoon viewing.
Old 25-07-2022, 02:06   #5674
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Thor Love & Thunder......imagine if they decided to make this woke by making Thor emasculated and a bumbling idiot and replaced him with a stronger female Thor then made the movie about the replacement instead. Then make the mighty Zeus wear a dress and prance about and Thor ride a space ship that has LBQTXYZ+ rainbow coloured chem trails behind it.

Sounds like a joke right? Its not. Not impressed
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 14:02   #5675
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Thor Love & Thunder......imagine if they decided to make this woke by making Thor emasculated and a bumbling idiot and replaced him with a stronger female Thor then made the movie about the replacement instead. Then make the mighty Zeus wear a dress and prance about and Thor ride a space ship that has LBQTXYZ+ rainbow coloured chem trails behind it.

Sounds like a joke right? Its not. Not impressed
I think the rainbow is just a rainbow. It's meant to contrast the colour against the villain's lack of it, hence why they go into shadow in the next few scenes.

Zeus is often depicted in a robe, which isn't far from a dress, in Greek Mythology.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 14:32   #5676
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think the rainbow is just a rainbow. It's meant to contrast the colour against the villain's lack of it, hence why they go into shadow in the next few scenes.

Zeus is often depicted in a robe, which isn't far from a dress, in Greek Mythology.
Depiction of Zeus from a 5th Century BC amphora.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9913A588-2E31-492D-B536-BC20DB368E5F.jpeg (61.0 KB, 59 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 25-07-2022 at 15:02.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 19:02   #5677
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

I see what your saying but with everything else woke in, I'm not convinced its that innocent.

A tennis/cheerleading skirt is a lot different from a robe and they way they made him prance down the stairs holding his skirt...seriously, you wouldn't convince a blind person that was not a skirt They even got him tossing his weapon like a cheerleader tossing their baton. They turned Zeus in to a woman too.
Old 25-07-2022, 19:49   #5678
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Hoplite warriors in Ancient Greece wore short skirts…

http://www.thewarriorsofgreece.com/facts.html

https://www.realmofhistory.com/2016/...reek-hoplites/

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A417D24B-054B-44C2-81E5-3F9BD7519ED0.jpeg (80.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpeg 5E89A493-019D-4A21-A934-2D495D8851F3.jpeg (180.3 KB, 56 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 25-07-2022 at 19:58.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2022, 22:13   #5679
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Point taken on the skirts. To be honest I have only ever seen Zeus the god depicted as wearing a robe before. But when you see everything he does is rather camp, its easy to put it all together and thats before ignoring his bad Mario brothers like accent...

Links to some gifs/short clips which I don't think contain spoilers but don't watch if you are worried about potential of any story being given away.

Spoiler: 
The rainbow sparkles coming out the ship were not coming out of the darkness..it was when they were visiting Zeus i saw it the first time . I didn't crop it well and the source is not the best so didn't quite capture how rainbow like it is. You need to see it properly to really understand what im saying.

Prance: https://i.imgur.com/UpanCoN.mp4

Cheerleader baton: https://i.imgur.com/1oLNYgm.mp4

Allowable under copyright for parody and critical analysis

Last edited by Qtx; 25-07-2022 at 22:18.
Old 26-07-2022, 00:34   #5680
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Forgot to mention another woke thing is they made a whole species gay and a main character.
Its like EVERY Marvel movie has an LBQTXYZ+ character, male characters are always weak, while their female replacement or co-star now made main star is ultra strong and the saviour of everything.

I can't wait for phase 6 as I assume phase 5 movies being made now are all going to be just as woke and hopefully by phase the ridiculousness would have stopped.
Old 26-07-2022, 09:19   #5681
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I really think you're overthinking it believing pretty mundane decisions to be the result of wokeism.

I don't think the male characters are weak, they're just a bit bumbling. Spiderman, Ironman, and Capitan America all are presented as strong characters both literally but also in terms of character. Marvel's style for a decade now though is to make them quippy and have moments of stupidity to try and make it lighter in tone and the characters relatable. It's a bit lazy of them but it isn't because of wokeism. Besides the bumbling male character has been a trope for decades.

Thor is more extreme but only because these are the more lighthearted of the Marvel films. Hemsworth intentionally brought in Taika Waititi to make this kind of film because he didn't want to play the serious Thor from the first film.

Marvel is trying to diversify their cast and outreach. Look at Ms Marvel, a show with a Pakistani-American hero that has the partition of India as a plot point, but that's a pretty healthy thing for them to do and also an economically sensible thing for them to do. Is that really woke? If it's justified by the plot and not shoehorned in for no reason? I don't think Marvel films do that.
Old 26-07-2022, 10:37   #5682
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

There was a day not long ago when being Woke used to mean being awake to what is really going on in the world (funnily enough adopted by conspiracy theorists) now it means something totally different. Shame really
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2022, 14:37   #5683
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
I don't think the male characters are weak, they're just a bit bumbling. Spiderman, Ironman, and Capitan America all are presented as strong characters both literally but also in terms of character.
Most of those respective movies were made before they went OTT on gender and inclusivity politics.

The new Doctor Strange was not about Doctor strange, he was minimalised to make it about a hispanic woman with two mums. Characters that have always been male were made female, such as on the council and the men made weak and the women strong. Thor did something similar. Woman Thor who is made to look stronger and more prominent than the actual Thor.

Its not just Marvel its everywhere. As I said before, even stranger things shoe-horned in a lesbian thing halfway through the first episode and then did nothing with that until the last episode where they shoe-horned in a few minutes of the lesbian thing just minutes before it ended. Its so forced in.

Lightyear was another movie where the script was done but then they wanted to add all the woke stuff and added it in to the script after it was finished. Something we see time and time again. A lot of these movies are not doing as well as expected and there are people boycotting them because of it too.

Amazons Lord of the Rings based Rings of Power is going full woke too and having to hire actors/influencers to do fake interviews to shout about how good it is and how diverse it is etc, while pissing off genuine fans by the stuff they are doing for inclusivity and gender politics. Thats a whole other story and thread but so much wrong with that.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
There was a day not long ago when being Woke used to mean being awake to what is really going on in the world (funnily enough adopted by conspiracy theorists) now it means something totally different. Shame really
Words meaning do change sometimes. Crypto used to mean cryptography but now is more used in relation to cryptocurrency.

Woke rhymes better with broke, otherwise the Go woke, Go broke phrase would be a less memorable complicated affair

Ms Marvel is them trying to get a different audience. It makes sense financially if they feel they can get a demographic interested in Marvel films who were not before. Its ok if it mostly appeals to one demographic. The majority of normal Marvel film audience are not however LBGT+ and including something like this in EVERY movie hurts them more than it helps their virtue signalling.

Movie rating sites have gone downhill in recent years and blaming review bombing they fiddle with the results to make it better for the studios who complained to them. They call it weighting but it goes well beyond that. Then we have Rotten tomatoes which I used to like but they changed their ratings too so it was hard to say a movie was bad even if a lot of critics said so. Its run by someone who spent most of their career working at Disney so it was no surprise to me that Ms Marvel rated extra high there despite all the bad reviews if you actually sat and went through them. Its a site I no longer trust for reviews.

Because of the state of wokeness among movies and tv now, it has given rise to sites such as https://rightwingtomatoes.com/ which gives wokeness ratings as well as breaking it down in to diversity, misandry etc. These sites wouldn't exist without the current stupidness we are having.

Last edited by Qtx; 26-07-2022 at 14:59.
Old 15-08-2022, 01:02   #5684
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Bullet Train - 7/10.

Wasnt sure what about this, the trailers made it look vaguely interesting.
I gave it a shot, and it was really quite good (a little gory at times, hence the 15 rating).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2022, 09:22   #5685
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I've been on that bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto! Less eventful when I did it.