Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 12-06-2004, 19:41   #166
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
The Core (DVD)

Maybe a 7 out of 10.

Silly, but enjoyable, disaster movie. Kind of like Armageddon, but inside the Earth instead of in outer space.
Do ya want some unobtanium - well do ya
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2004, 23:55   #167
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Saw Harry Potter today. Give it 9/10. I think that it's the best out of 3.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2004, 00:10   #168
iron25
Inactive

iron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful one

Just watched Bad Santa. Reasonably good but not really that funny. It did have a couple of scenes that raised more than a chuckle but not consistently funny. I'd give it 6/10.
iron25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 00:34   #169
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Do ya want some unobtanium - well do ya

LOL. I'll take one of those laser/sonic drill things too
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 00:43   #170
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Conspiracy" (DVD)

9/10

Fact-based drama (which I think was on BBC2 a few months ago), about the 1942 Wannsee Conference - the meeting at which SD head Heydrich (Kenneth Branagh), his assistant Adolf Eichmann (Stanley Tucci), & a dozen or so other Nazis decided on the course of action which become known as the Holocaust

Gripping. Powerful. Chilling. Depressing.
Old 14-06-2004, 00:50   #171
abailey152
Inactive

Services: 60Mb VM BB Sky+HD
abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to abailey152 Send a message via Yahoo to abailey152

Mystic River on DVD. Absolutely brilliant film. 10/10. Recommended
abailey152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 08:06   #172
Electrolyte01

"The day after tomorow" Very good movie, worth watching. 9/10 (given it 9 because the ending wasn't so good)
Old 14-06-2004, 09:17   #173
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

Mystic River on DVD - over-rated movie.

worked out who the killer was very early into the film.

sean pean is embarrassing as he over acts and trys to be De Nero.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:20   #174
abailey152
Inactive

abailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant futureabailey152 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Mystic River on DVD - over-rated movie.

worked out who the killer was very early into the film.

sean pean is embarrassing as he over acts and trys to be De Nero.
Have to disagree with you completely.

I had a very good idea who the killer was about 2/3 way through the film, but it still didn't impact on how good the film was. And I don't think Sean Penn over-acted. Also, Tim Robbins was brilliant.
Old 15-06-2004, 01:17   #175
iron25
Inactive

iron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful oneiron25 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey152
Have to disagree with you completely.

I had a very good idea who the killer was about 2/3 way through the film, but it still didn't impact on how good the film was. And I don't think Sean Penn over-acted. Also, Tim Robbins was brilliant.

I can't believe all the hype they advertise with this movie, 'Clint's best film so far' etc, it is simply a boring film with a very slow storyline. The same can be said for 21 grams in which Sean Penn won the oscar. It was another slow paced movie.

In my opinion, Johnny Depp should've won the oscar.
Old 15-06-2004, 01:21   #176
iron25
Inactive

If anyone's interested in watching a film with a good story then take a look at Seabiscuit. A very enjoyable film, 8/10.
Old 15-06-2004, 05:54   #177
Jerrek
Inactive

Jerrek can only hope to improve

Chronicles of Riddick - 10/10

Better than any other movie this summer.
Jerrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 11:11   #178
abailey152
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron25
I can't believe all the hype they advertise with this movie, 'Clint's best film so far' etc, it is simply a boring film with a very slow storyline. The same can be said for 21 grams in which Sean Penn won the oscar. It was another slow paced movie.

In my opinion, Johnny Depp should've won the oscar.
I think you're either going to like these types of films of hate them. I like some stuff which is slower, and I like Mystic River. Each to his own I guess.

Although I'd give Mystic River 10/10, I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.
Old 15-06-2004, 23:41   #179
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.
Classic film
Old 15-06-2004, 23:43   #180
iron25
Inactive

Quote:
I think you're either going to like these types of films of hate them. I like some stuff which is slower, and I like Mystic River. Each to his own I guess.

Although I'd give Mystic River 10/10, I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.
Unforgiven is good but Clint has directed so many good films. However, the choice of best Clint film is easy. It has to be The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, the best western ever made.