Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Should this be allowed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

name them and shame them

Old 28-01-2008, 19:41   #1
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one
name them and shame them

i doubt very much if these morons could be shamed,i am talking about morons aged 17yrs and under.these gits hide under a flag of convenience [ age ] to get away with whatever they like,i saw a case on the news tonight in my home town belfast where a group of these morons climbed up a tower crane in the centre of town and cost over £10,000 worth of damage and ended up having to be rescued by the emergency services.its time the laws were changed so that ordinary decent people knew what was living beside them,one of these bozos whose face was deliberatley blurred by the camera must have thought he was on stars in their eyes with the antics of him in front of the camera,if it was my choice he would be in hospital having a size 8 boot removed from you know where.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2008, 20:41   #2
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: name them and shame them

Quote:
ts time the laws were changed so that ordinary decent people knew what was living beside them
What laws, perchance? It's legal to use your eyes, presumably?

Or do you mean things like this?

http://www.chiswickw4.com/default.as...oncrime383.htm

which, as I've said before, are perfectly legal and one of the rare good uses of CCTV, other than providing YouTube material. They look about twelve.

Quote:
Jeroen Weimar, TfL's Director of Transport Policing and Enforcement Directorate said, "Graffiti and vandalism on buses creates an intimidating atmosphere which we do not believe our customers should have to put up with.

"The readers of your website can continue to help us tackle this issue by helping the police to identify the images caught on the bus CCTV cameras.

"Operation BusTag is making a real difference in our fight against criminal damage on London buses and the message is getting through to those who commit these offences that they will be caught and prosecuted."
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 22:09   #3
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing View Post
What laws, perchance? It's legal to use your eyes, presumably?

Or do you mean things like this?

http://www.chiswickw4.com/default.as...oncrime383.htm

which, as I've said before, are perfectly legal and one of the rare good uses of CCTV, other than providing YouTube material. They look about twelve.
what i mean bb is to pull the rug from under these gits being able to use their age to get away with crime,surely at the age of 17 they should know right from wrong.
Old 28-01-2008, 22:35   #4
jonifen
Inactive

jonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nicejonifen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetypie/8 View Post
what i mean bb is to pull the rug from under these gits being able to use their age to get away with crime,surely at the age of 17 they should know right from wrong.
The butt of the problem is a lack of authority these days. It's all related to the "stop smacking kids" thing in my opinion.
I got a clip round the ear when I was younger if I was in the wrong... didn't do me any harm... the kids today don't know they're born
jonifen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2008, 22:45   #5
BBKing
R.I.P.

BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star

Quote:
these gits being able to use their age to get away with crime
Which I conclusively proved that they aren't, at least round here, since there's a link to three clear pictures of young people the Police want to talk to so urgently they're heavily publicising their photographs*, having made 2400 arrests previously during similar exercises. The message being, of course, 'Don't Do It Cos There's A Good Chance You'll Get Caught', which in this case seems to be backed up with action, and more power to it. Long-term intelligence led policing in co-operation with society as a whole is exactly what we need and the only sensible way of dealing with youth crime. Much better than doing nothing and then having a badly run illiberal crackdown when the Sun prints something idiotic.

* Which, you'll notice again, isn't against their human rights...
Old 29-01-2008, 09:57   #6
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

What's with the huge text in all your OPs? Do you think it makes us more likely to read them or something?
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 10:22   #7
BBKing
R.I.P.

Don't be cruel. He's just got big fingers...
Old 29-01-2008, 11:39   #8
Lew
Inactive

Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

"The fingers you are using are too fat. To obtain a special dialling wand, mash the keypad now."
Old 29-01-2008, 12:48   #9
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
What's with the huge text in all your OPs? Do you think it makes us more likely to read them or something?
wrong lew my old lamps arent the best.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

Quote:
Which I conclusively proved that they aren't, at least round here, since there's a link to three clear pictures of young people the Police want to talk to so urgently they're heavily publicising their photographs*, having made 2400 arrests previously during similar exercises. The message being, of course, 'Don't Do It Cos There's A Good Chance You'll Get Caught', which in this case seems to be backed up with action, and more power to it. Long-term intelligence led policing in co-operation with society as a whole is exactly what we need and the only sensible way of dealing with youth crime. Much better than doing nothing and then having a badly run illiberal crackdown when the Sun prints something idiotic.

* Which, you'll notice again, isn't against their human rights...
your proving nothing m8,you show a few cct pictures of yobs and that is supposed to tell us something ? what happens if and when these gits go to court absolutley nothing,dont mention absos they are a joke,its time to come into the real world.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Quote:
Don't be cruel. He's just got big fingers...

better than a big head.

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 ----------

Quote:
"The fingers you are using are too fat. To obtain a special dialling wand, mash the keypad now."
stick to the rats lew,you aint funny.
Old 29-01-2008, 12:58   #10
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
But, to be fair, that episode of The Simpsons is
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 13:03   #11
Lew
Inactive

Quote:
At least I can string together a coherent sentence without resorting to text speak.
Old 29-01-2008, 13:18   #12
BBKing
R.I.P.

Quote:
better than a big head.
In what way?

Quote:
what happens if and when these gits go to court absolutley nothing,
And there was me wondering why the prisons are so full. Explain to me, in shortish words, how 'absolutely nothing' happening in court translates to 'massive prison overcrowding'.
Old 29-01-2008, 13:40   #13
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Actually, speaking from experience of youth crime, it generally takes several appearances before a custodial sentance is passed (I'm excluding suspended sentances from custodial).
That this is the case, and that prisons are overcrowded doesn't so much show that courts are trigger happy when it comes to custodial sentances, just that non-custodial sentances are just as ineffective at preventing repeat offences, however custodial sentances can delay the repeat.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 14:57   #14
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Quote:
At least I can string together a coherent sentence without resorting to text speak.

as i said stick to the rats.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Quote:
In what way?

And there was me wondering why the prisons are so full. Explain to me, in shortish words, how 'absolutely nothing' happening in court translates to 'massive prison overcrowding'.
do you really need to know ? if your foolish enough to beleive the system is working then fair enough.
Old 30-01-2008, 09:59   #15
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one

Quote:
i doubt very much if these morons could be shamed,i am talking about morons aged 17yrs and under.these gits hide under a flag of convenience [ age ] to get away with whatever they like,i saw a case on the news tonight in my home town belfast where a group of these morons climbed up a tower crane in the centre of town and cost over £10,000 worth of damage and ended up having to be rescued by the emergency services.its time the laws were changed so that ordinary decent people knew what was living beside them,one of these bozos whose face was deliberatley blurred by the camera must have thought he was on stars in their eyes with the antics of him in front of the camera,if it was my choice he would be in hospital having a size 8 boot removed from you know where.
Why would anyone spend time addressing this issue?

Its not cost effective, the rate of return is poor and anyway, their activities dont affect the important people in ths country.
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote