Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky HD Install

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky HD Install

Old 04-08-2006, 00:00   #16
arcamalpha2004

Re: Sky HD Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
As a hi-fi lover myself i appreciate the comparison. However if i pay 300 quid for a CD player i dont expect to have to pay another tenner a month for the better sound quality it gives me.

Likewise, if i buy a funky HD-DVD or Blu-Ray DVD player i wouldnt expect to be paying a monthly subscription on top of that either to keep being able to watch the service without it being crippled to less than DVD quality picture.
I can see your point, however what is the extra tenner a month for? have sky said its for the better quality picture? i dont know.
But I know life is all about choices, you pay what you feel right for a service, as I said earlier give it a year or so and them prices will come right down, unless you cant wait to get on the hd bandwagon
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2006, 10:00   #17
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004
I can see your point, however what is the extra tenner a month for? have sky said its for the better quality picture? i dont know.
But I know life is all about choices, you pay what you feel right for a service, as I said earlier give it a year or so and them prices will come right down, unless you cant wait to get on the hd bandwagon
The extra tenner is to recieve the HD channels, so just to reiterate, even if you buy Sky sports and Sky movies if you dont pay an extra tenner you DONT get the HD channels.

Also i doubt the price will come down, you still have to pay an extra tenner for Sky+ although that is available for nothing if you have 2 premuim channel packs e.g. Sky SPorts 1, 2 and 3 which makes it a much better package IMO.

I dont see why if you pay for Sky Sports or Sky Movies packages you should be asked to pay an extra tenner specifically just to the the Movies HD channel which after all IS JUST a better picture.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2006, 19:29   #18
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

We have a really weird problem with the HD Box, this morning we could recieve ITV 1 and now we cant. we get a "Satellite signal unable to be recieved" or something along those lines. All other channels are fine.
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote