Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 18-03-2012, 13:40   #601
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
This website is a good teaching tool...if you ignore the odd tools
How dare you refer to me as a tool
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2012, 13:57   #602
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
How dare you refer to me as a tool
never
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 14:22   #603
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Ive just printed off a list of all channels and channels numbers so i cant learn the channel numbers for my main channels
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 22:31   #604
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

For anyone interested Touch starts this Tuesday on Sky One HD

http://tv.sky.com/showpage/touch
Old 19-03-2012, 06:43   #605
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

I've got that series linked already, it looks fantastic on the adverts.
Doz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 08:03   #606
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Just used the 'Remind me' option during the Game of Thrones advert. I didn't realise that it takes you straight to a special screen giving you the option to record, series link etc. Very slick and impressive.

Hopefully they'll expand on features like these with the new EPG.
When is the new EPG coming out?

---------- Post added at 08:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

Quote:

Is it Season 1?
Old 19-03-2012, 08:18   #607
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post

Is it Season 1?
Yes its a brand new show.

If you want to keep track of the major new shows that start you can go to the 'Showcase' section of the Sky+ app and it usually lets you know what new shows are starting and also returning series for the popular new shows.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 08:27   #608
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Is it Season 1?
From forum suggestions April-May possibly but nobody knows for sure. As Lex says Touch is a new show.
Old 19-03-2012, 08:44   #609
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
From forum suggestions April-May possibly but nobody knows for sure. As Lex says Touch is a new show.
Ive been reading on DS that it was meant to be 16th April but they need to give broadcasters 10 weeks notice. Thanks for the Touch info i saw the tralier and liked it. It set it to record series when i get home as my Remote Record still cant be used to this Thursday

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Infact ive done it now via Sky TV Guide website, ill just change it to series link when i get in

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

P.S. Sorry if some of the questions i have asked and ask now are a bit noobish but never had Sky before so getting used to things from it
Old 19-03-2012, 08:53   #610
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ive been reading on DS that it was meant to be 16th April but they need to give broadcasters 10 weeks notice. Thanks for the Touch info i saw the tralier and liked it. It set it to record series when i get home as my Remote Record still cant be used to this Thursday

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Infact ive done it now via Sky TV Guide website, ill just change it to series link when i get in

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

P.S. Sorry if some of the questions i have asked and ask now are a bit noobish but never had Sky before so getting used to things from it
After being a VM customer it took me a while to get used to Sky too
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 10:24   #611
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
After being a VM customer it took me a while to get used to Sky too
Ive been with VM for about 6 years, since they were NTL so itts taking time to get used to Sky, box, ETC

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Just tried Sky+ Record from my iPhone and it works, even thou i dont have the phone live active yet. My Anytime+ started working over weekend as well so it must be somethign to do with my box being connected to my VM BB connection
Old 19-03-2012, 10:28   #612
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ive been with VM for about 6 years, since they were NTL so itts taking time to get used to Sky, box, ETC

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

Just tried Sky+ Record from my iPhone and it works, even thou i dont have the phone live active yet. My Anytime+ started working over weekend as well so it must be somethign to do with my box being connected to my VM BB connection
Have you ordered Sky talk and Sky BB if so they'll have activated Anytime+ hence why it's working with a VM BB connection either that or they've started the roll out to non Sky BB customers early.
Old 19-03-2012, 10:36   #613
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Have you ordered Sky talk and Sky BB if so they'll have activated Anytime+ hence why it's working with a VM BB connection either that or they've started the roll out to non Sky BB customers early.
I have ordered Sky Talk Free time and BB Unlimited. It wasn't activated when i had install as they said i needed an active Sky line. I rang up about Remote Record and again they said i needed an active Sky Line. My line doesnt get activated till this Thursday. Checked on Saturday and Anytime+ was activated and now Remote Record is active
Old 19-03-2012, 10:47   #614
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I have ordered Sky Talk Free time and BB Unlimited. It wasn't activated when i had install as they said i needed an active Sky line. I rang up about Remote Record and again they said i needed an active Sky Line. My line doesnt get activated till this Thursday. Checked on Saturday and Anytime+ was activated and now Remote Record is active
They always activate Anytime+ for anyone who's ordered Sky BB so even connecting another ISP will make it work , I take it you already had a BT line and socket it just needed activating by Sky. What speed estimate have they give you ?
Old 19-03-2012, 11:40   #615
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
They always activate Anytime+ for anyone who's ordered Sky BB so even connecting another ISP will make it work , I take it you already had a BT line and socket it just needed activating by Sky. What speed estimate have they give you ?
It was a BT line before i moved in so VM used the same line so they are just transferring it over. Speed estimate is 9.6 -16.6 MB

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 ----------

Had an email auto generated email saying i have now activated Sky Remote Record. This came after i Remote Recorded from Sky TV Guide site, done a few from phone and says all ok. Maybe it was just that i need to activate from site first