Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 27-06-2011, 17:36   #3226
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh mate View Post
I took my fork lift truck theory test today.............I passed with 99% so I'm pleased
Just remember the practical though
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2011, 17:44   #3227
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

I am so happy Andy Murray won the Tennis today
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 17:52   #3228
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Just remember the practical though
That's later in the week and I'm normally better at Practical than theory
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 17:58   #3229
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Well done Tosh, will keep my fingers crossed that you sail through the practical as well.
Old 27-06-2011, 18:10   #3230
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well done mate, My forklift license was in-house and had to be retested every year ( that was for 6 years ). You seem to forget what you are taught as you go on ( Just to make life easier when you are busy? )

P.S Is it reach or counterbalance Or both.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 18:32   #3231
tosh mate
Inactive

tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Well done Tosh, will keep my fingers crossed that you sail through the practical as well.
Thank You Joggy

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Well done mate, My forklift license was in-house and had to be retested every year ( that was for 6 years ). You seem to forget what you are taught as you go on ( Just to make life easier when you are busy? )

P.S Is it reach or counterbalance Or both.
Thank You Devil, that is the trouble with 'inhouse' license's, mine will be an 'acredited' one and can be used anywhere, Forgeting what We are taught is 'part of life', and yes it does make life easier lol,

This one is for Counterbalance
Old 27-06-2011, 18:35   #3232
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Well I'm sure you'll do fine - I had reach, counter balance and VNA licences at one point .

Of course it's still on the Job Centre pc (even though it was 8plus years ago now) and they STILL insist I can still drive them

edit - I wrote a brand new VNA truck off once
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 18:40   #3233
tosh mate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Well I'm sure you'll do fine - I had reach, counter balance and VNA licences at one point .

Of course it's still on the Job Centre pc (even though it was 8plus years ago now) and they STILL insist I can still drive them

edit - I wrote a brand new VNA truck off once
Thank You dilli, I am normally better at practical than theory,

To have the three was good going
do they now
Old 27-06-2011, 21:26   #3234
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I'm donating platelets tomorrow and three weeks ago my iron count was just above the lower threshold. (Come to think of it can there be an upper threshold?)

Just to be on the safe side I'm having a couple of cold draught Guinness tonight
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 21:28   #3235
tosh mate
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
I'm donating platelets tomorrow and three weeks ago my iron count was just above the lower threshold. (Come to think of it can there be an upper threshold?)

Just to be on the safe side I'm having a couple of cold draught Guinness tonight
Well Done A plate of Liver and onion's with spinach would be loaded with iron but maybe not as enjoyable LOL
Old 27-06-2011, 21:31   #3236
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

My mother used to mention when they had stout served in the hospitals for the patients as a treatment for low iron..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 21:34   #3237
LondonRoad
Inactive

LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
My mother used to mention when they had stout served in the hospitals for the patients as a treatment for low iron..
Mum's are always right in such matters.

I just have to be careful I don't walk past any strong magnets on the way to the blood centre tomorrow.
Old 28-06-2011, 12:01   #3238
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

Hemochromatosis

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...mochromatosis/

When I have to go in for a transfusion I sometimes have some one in the next chair who is having blood drawn to help reduce the excess iron in their Red Blood cells as part of their treatment.

Good on you for being a donor LR, without people such as yourself I certainly wouldn't be alive to-day. So Thank You from all of us who rely on people such as yourself.
Old 28-06-2011, 12:18   #3239
LondonRoad
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hemochromatosis

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddise...mochromatosis/

Good on you for being a donor LR, without people such as yourself I certainly wouldn't be alive to-day. So Thank You from all of us who rely on people such as yourself.
You are most certainly welcome. It isn't really a great inconvenience for me. I work only 10 minutes walk from the Centre so every 3 weeks have an extended lunch time and have an hour and a half me time.

The only slight inconvenience is you're not allowed tablets for the week before and I could have done with a couple of paracetamols on Sunday morning. Self inflicted though.
Old 28-06-2011, 17:43   #3240
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Just ordered my first ever smart phone, the HTC Sensation for £25.53 a month on 18 month contract!
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote