Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help please - FORD FUSION

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Help please - FORD FUSION

Old 23-04-2018, 21:05   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Help please - FORD FUSION

Two weeks ago we bought a used Ford Fusion- year 04.

We paif £1400 for it. And we believe that we were forced into buyinh it by the salesman.

We discovered that one rear light was faulty, so they have replaced it with another one. But not a complete section. The internal where the bulbs are is full of rust.

Its going into the workshop tomorrow as there is a whirring sign coming from the fan belt area. The mechanic has said its the 'pully' that needs repair. The gear knob keeps falling g off. And the rubber surrounding the gear stick keeps coming out the socket.

And l have discovered that the engine is running fast. And l am using a lot of petrol.

They 'claim' cambelt has been changed. there is 38.000 on the clock

Any ideas what the problem could be.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-04-2018, 22:04   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Help please - FORD FUSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Two weeks ago we bought a used Ford Fusion- year 04.

We paif £1400 for it. And we believe that we were forced into buyinh it by the salesman.

We discovered that one rear light was faulty, so they have replaced it with another one. But not a complete section. The internal where the bulbs are is full of rust.

Its going into the workshop tomorrow as there is a whirring sign coming from the fan belt area. The mechanic has said its the 'pully' that needs repair. The gear knob keeps falling g off. And the rubber surrounding the gear stick keeps coming out the socket.

And l have discovered that the engine is running fast. And l am using a lot of petrol.

They 'claim' cambelt has been changed. there is 38.000 on the clock

Any ideas what the problem could be.

This _is_ a parody account, right?
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 22:28   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Don't buy a ford........ Thats my moto.

I have a Kia Cee'd on a 12 plate and its my second Kia and i would highly recommend them.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 23:26   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Have to disagree - my wife/son had a Ford Fiesta for 11 years, no problems, sold it for £950 2 years ago.

I have had a Ford Focus 1.0T Estate for over 5 years, running fine.

My wife now has a Ford KA+ for 18 months, excellent town car.

Reliable, reasonably priced if you bargain, and low cost to run - ymmv.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 10:05   #5
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Have to disagree - my wife/son had a Ford Fiesta for 11 years, no problems, sold it for £950 2 years ago.

I have had a Ford Focus 1.0T Estate for over 5 years, running fine.

My wife now has a Ford KA+ for 18 months, excellent town car.

Reliable, reasonably priced if you bargain, and low cost to run - ymmv.
yeah - me too, Ford - safe and boring, like me

Arthur - you can demand repair/replacement within 30 days under the Consumer Rights Act
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-are-my-rights
(presuming you didn't buy for cash from a pub car park !).
Make sure they get it totally right before the 30 days or demand replacement - take it for an independent report ?
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 15:08   #6
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

I don't understand how Arthur was 'forced' into buying a snotter, all those thnigs you mention, did you not look at the car before you got it?

It's also 14 yrs old, so its essentially bangereconics (you also paid over the odds from looking at autotrader for that year)

Last edited by techguyone; 24-04-2018 at 15:11.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote