Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 19-07-2012, 00:02   #3856
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

The Dark Knight Rises. 9/10

Managed to grab some tickets for an advance screening and it was absolutely brilliant. It ties into the first one quite a bit but stands on its own well enough.

Loved the ending as well.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-07-2012, 00:34   #3857
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Men in Black 3 : 9/10 ties everything together quite neatly as well.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 07:50   #3858
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
The Dark Knight Rises. 9/10

Managed to grab some tickets for an advance screening and it was absolutely brilliant. It ties into the first one quite a bit but stands on its own well enough.

Loved the ending as well.
Yes l am looking forward to seeing this must see movie as the other two were brilliant.
Old 19-07-2012, 19:46   #3859
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon

Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 22:06   #3860
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Angels & Demons, 6/10

Got a fanedit of Star Wars, Phantom menace to watch tomorrow & Blade Runner final cut.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 22:46   #3861
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Comment removed
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 18:03   #3862
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Dark Knight Rises

At least a 9/10. Awesome. Absolutely loved it.

No issues with it as a whole, or with the ending, other than one plot-holey type thing that I'd like answered but can ignore.

Hardy was great as Bane (& I had no trouble with his voice), and Hathaway was great as Selina (plus also has a very nice arse). Gordon-Levitt and Cotillard were very good too, plus of course the returning cast were as great as always.
Old 20-07-2012, 19:09   #3863
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The Dark Knight Rises.

Was ok, enjoyable, but not as good as part 1, or part 2 for that matter. I'd give it a good 7.5/10
Old 20-07-2012, 19:11   #3864
Derek
Inactive

Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
[B]No issues with it as a whole, or with the ending, other than one plot-holey type thing that I'd like answered but can ignore
I found the soundtrack occasionally drowned out the dialogue a few times but still loved it.
Old 21-07-2012, 00:22   #3865
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

matt i agree they could have done more bike shots
i loved dark knight rises 10 outta 10. the cinema i watched it in also had the extras from nottingham in the hall so was pretty cool and funny hearing quite a few theres me shouting around
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 00:32   #3866
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Dark Knight Rises - 9/10
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 04:45   #3867
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Cleanskin 5/10

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 16:04   #3868
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I found the soundtrack occasionally drowned out the dialogue a few times but still loved it.

I didn't have *any* problems with Bane's voice, or with the dialogue in general, but I've seen other people commenting on how he was hard to understand at times and how the dialogue itself was sometimes drowned out by the score. Makes me wonder if some cinemas had the soundtrack a bit "off" somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDutch View Post
matt i agree they could have done more bike shots
Indeed
Old 21-07-2012, 16:07   #3869
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just for you....

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 16:21   #3870
Derek
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I didn't have *any* problems with Bane's voice, or with the dialogue in general, but I've seen other people commenting on how he was hard to understand at times and how the dialogue itself was sometimes drowned out by the score. Makes me wonder if some cinemas had the soundtrack a bit "off" somehow?
Understanding Bane was fine but a few times the Bass seemed really, really turned way up so all you could really hear was an ongoing rumble. I was sitting pretty much under a speaker though which won't have helped.