Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

Old 26-03-2009, 23:41   #16
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Hillsborough - 20th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
A truly awful event, I remember watching the live build up on the TV and at first the commentators thought it was a section of the Liverpool fans causing trouble, it didn't take long for them to realise it was much more sinister by the looks of sheer terror on the fans faces.
Afterwards the outpouring of grief was tangible that is except for one paper, even to this day sales of the Sun are on the floor in Liverpool.
RIP the 96.
It started on the sunday with the **** of the world and continued on the monday with the **** daily rag as the police tried to cover up their failings and tried to blame the fans, plus they destroyed vital video tape evidence that would have proved the police culpable in a manslaughter case.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

We also had the added slap in the face of Norman Bettison being made the Chief Constable of Liverpool who denied claims that he was involved in a "black propaganda campaign" after the Hillsborough tragedy and that he was involved in a secret operation to shift blame for the football stadium disaster away from the police and onto fans.

LINKY
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2009, 04:23   #17
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I think anyone who was around at the time can remember what they were doing when it happened. As a United fan I love to watch the team crash and burn but this was something different, a truly awful and disturbing tragedy and we're nearly at the 20th anniversary.

They're also bringing out a single as a commeration - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7964159.stm

Remember it like it was yesterday, I was working that Saturday down the coal mine when I had to get in touch with the surface control room for something, the guy in the control room said something has gone off at Hillsbrough, he was watching it on the TV in the Control room, later he phoned us back to tell us that 20 odd Liverpool fans had been killed, all the lads who I was working with at the time were football fans who supported the local team. When we got back to the surface we all went to the control room to see what was going on, grown miners covered in coal dust were stood there with tears streaming down their faces at the pictures that were being shown on TV.
Old 27-03-2009, 18:30   #18
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Ynwa
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 22:55   #19
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

Nice gesture

Quote:
Liverpool's trains and buses will come to a standstill to mark the moment of the Hillsborough disaster 20 years ago.
The services will stop at exactly 1506 BST on 15 April for two minutes to remember those who died.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7971982.stm
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:27   #20
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koAV41WuAQQ
Old 08-04-2009, 23:00   #21
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

To mark the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough stadium disaster, The History Channel will be paying tribute by presenting a testimonial film to the people of Liverpool and football fans across the land.

Hillsborough Remembered

Wed April 15th at 8:00pm
Thu April 16th at 12:00am
Thu April 16th at 11:00am

http://www.thehistorychannel.co.uk/s...gramme_892.php
Old 09-04-2009, 22:48   #22
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

20 years, didnt realise that much time had passed, but I do remember where I was, sitting in a bar in Palma Nova stunned as to what I was seeing on the TV.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:03   #23
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
20 years, didnt realise that much time had passed, but I do remember where I was, sitting in a bar in Palma Nova stunned as to what I was seeing on the TV.
Been to Palma Nova - nice place Can't imagine it being so nice whilst all this was going on tho

I was only 11, watching at home whilst my family and friends were there.
Old 09-04-2009, 23:10   #24
Peter_
Permanently Banned

I have changed my Avatar to honour the 96 that died and have added a link to my signature for the week leading up to the 20th Anniversary of the tragedy for the Hillsborough Memorial Site so please visit it if only for a minute or two.
Old 09-04-2009, 23:11   #25
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova View Post
I have changed my Avatar to honour the 96 that died and have added a link to my signature for the week leading up to the 20th Anniversary of the tragedy for the Hillsborough Memorial Site so please visit it if only for a minute or two.
Nice 1 Moldova, i'm not able to give you anymore rep as you've been so helpful already this week.
Old 09-04-2009, 23:14   #26
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Nice 1 Moldova, i'm not able to give you anymore rep as you've been so helpful already this week.
This is more important than receiving a rep from anyone as all I want is for all who see my sig to take some time to visit and remember.

Thank you anyway.
Old 14-04-2009, 12:46   #27
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Here is a BBC article on Hillsborough please click the link and give a few minutes of your time to reading the 3 stories.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7988434.stm
Old 14-04-2009, 12:52   #28
RizzyKing

It's a day that everyone that was there will never be able to forget and never ever forgive the murdoch group for their complete trashing of the truth may they rot in hell for all eternity.
Old 14-04-2009, 16:57   #29
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
It's a day that everyone that was there will never be able to forget and never ever forgive the murdoch group for their complete trashing of the truth may they rot in hell for all eternity.
Alongside that, it would also be nice for South Yorkshire Police to finally admit that they 'tampered' with statements and 'lost' valuable video tapes.

But somehow i don't see either happening
Old 14-04-2009, 19:15   #30
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Good Article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...tress-disorder

Will there be pauses in the games tomorrow? I like the idea of starting the game and stopping after 7 minutes for a silence.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote