Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2018, 14:50   #2386
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

GINX Esports TV to leave Virgin Media on 22 October 2018:

https://ginx.tv/ginx/ginx-terminates...-virgin-media/
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2018, 14:54   #2387
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l think there is more to Virgin Media not launching a HD version of this channel as one suspects it is a carriage fee disagreement that has resulted in the loss of this channel..
Old 17-10-2018, 15:29   #2388
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I presume you can confirm this is work in progress?
Well I thought it was, but your post made me wonder if the work had been completed already, especially as you said it was "easily verifiable". I couldn't think of an easy way so wondered if I'd missed a trick.
Old 17-10-2018, 15:30   #2389
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

... especially, given that it’s only SD on Sky. re GINX removal.
Old 17-10-2018, 16:23   #2390
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Personally l think there is more to Virgin Media not launching a HD version of this channel as one suspects it is a carriage fee disagreement that has resulted in the loss of this channel..
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2018...er-missing-hd/

Quote:
Virgin Media spokesperson disagreed with the Ginx analysis: “We met all of our commitments set out under our former agreement with Ginx Esports TV. After reviewing the performance of the channel and considering the terms Ginx put forward we chose not to renew our agreement. We wish Ginx Esports TV all the best for the future.”

It should be noted that GINX only has SD distribution over Sky.
On the plus side, the channel being removed from Virgin should not adversely impact ratings since most of their programmes get offically *no viewers* according to BARB.
Old 17-10-2018, 16:30   #2391
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post

On the plus side, the channel being removed from Virgin should not adversely impact ratings since most of their programmes get offically *no viewers* according to BARB.
Although I'm a casual gamer, this channel didn't really appeal to me. The odd programme was ok, but I certainly won't miss it. It's a shame for those that will though.
Old 17-10-2018, 16:38   #2392
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Good riddance to bad rubbish, lets hope more follow soon.
Old 17-10-2018, 16:50   #2393
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Good riddance to bad rubbish, lets hope more follow soon.
Like what MM?.
Old 17-10-2018, 17:26   #2394
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Well I thought it was, but your post made me wonder if the work had been completed already, especially as you said it was "easily verifiable". I couldn't think of an easy way so wondered if I'd missed a trick.
It’s easy to verify that the change isn’t an “unconfirmed report” for ITV HD and ITV Wales HD by checking a commonly used website that puts information into the public domain.

If some areas haven’t changed then this information is additionally helpful.

STV HD hasn’t changed, arguably not an ITV HD variant because of ownership but arguably so because it’s a Channel 3 licence holder. I don’t think the pedantry is helpful to the discussion. No doubt this will be copied and pasted as unconfirmed.
Old 17-10-2018, 17:42   #2395
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Which field in Diagnostics tells you MPEG4 is being used?
Is it the Video PID field and should it say H.264 for MPEG4?
Old 17-10-2018, 18:00   #2396
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Yes.

I might just reregister elsewhere than have my information copied, pasted and no credit given. After all it took them 8 years to notice the first time.
Old 17-10-2018, 18:14   #2397
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes.

I might just reregister elsewhere than have my information copied, pasted and no credit given. After all it took them 8 years to notice the first time.
..then STV HD is MPEG4.
Old 17-10-2018, 18:49   #2398
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Like what MM?.
Have a look through the channel list and I'm pretty sure there's loads of utter dross on there that isn't watched by yourself and probably thousands more as well, too many to list on here imo, Den.
Old 17-10-2018, 19:53   #2399
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Have a look through the channel list and I'm pretty sure there's loads of utter dross on there that isn't watched by yourself and probably thousands more as well, too many to list on here imo, Den.
Can't disagree with you there, Max. All my recordings seem to be from the same small number of channels. It makes you realise how much better value for money the streaming services are. Fraction of the price and much more choice. And no ads!
Old 17-10-2018, 20:02   #2400
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Yes.

Is it actually your information or just something you are re-posting from digitalbitrate.com? As you stated further up the thread, the information is available to all "by checking a commonly used website that puts information into the public domain".

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchain View Post

That adds some clarity to GINX's claims. I can't say I'm going to miss this channel.
Closed Thread