Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2018, 13:20   #2296
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Can I believe that last statement? You’re going to record 50 hours of programming each day of eight?
When are you going to find time to watch those 400 hours?
That would be some feat of endurance, catching up all that TV, just mind blowing.
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2018, 15:28   #2297
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Because you can't please everyone and have to come to some sort of middle ground. 1TB will be enough for the vast majority of customers.
Anything more just costs more money.
I watch a lot of TV and record everything in HD and it's enough for me. The PS4 is the same, when the PS4 pro was released it had 1TB and some games with the updates come close to 100gb. I believe once 4k starts taking off more, if cloud storage isn't available, then VM will announce a V6 box with 2TB of storage.
As the customer would be paying for it, why would it matter to Virgin Media if it cost more?
Old 27-09-2018, 15:47   #2298
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As the customer would be paying for it, why would it matter to Virgin Media if it cost more?
Because more people might then moan at the extra price they might charge resulting in less boxes out there. 1 TB of storage is plenty enough for the vast majority of customers, taking that into account, what's the point in spending more money or passing that money onto the customer if very little are going to use it.
Old 27-09-2018, 17:14   #2299
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Because more people might then moan at the extra price they might charge resulting in less boxes out there. 1 TB of storage is plenty enough for the vast majority of customers, taking that into account, what's the point in spending more money or passing that money onto the customer if very little are going to use it.
I was suggesting that VM give people the choice, that's all!
Old 27-09-2018, 17:25   #2300
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I was suggesting that VM give people the choice, that's all!
They probably will when they feel the need but where does it end? What about people who only need 500GB? Give someone 2TB and someone will want 3TB, you can't please everyone.
Old 27-09-2018, 17:29   #2301
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
They probably will when they feel the need but where does it end? What about people who only need 500GB? Give someone 2TB and someone will want 3TB, you can't please everyone.
My suggestion was that there should have been a simple choice of 1TB or 2TB. If people only need 500GB, the 1TB fits with that requirement. Who would complain about too much space?
Old 27-09-2018, 17:35   #2302
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
My suggestion was that there should have been a simple choice of 1TB or 2TB. If people only need 500GB, the 1TB fits with that requirement. Who would complain about too much space?
People who don't believe they should pay for an extra 500GB when not needed.
Old 27-09-2018, 17:50   #2303
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
People who don't believe they should pay for an extra 500GB when not needed.
What about those who only want 200GB?

I don't think anyone has complained about having too much space with the V6, Mythica!
Old 27-09-2018, 18:02   #2304
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
What about those who only want 200GB?

I don't think anyone has complained about having too much space with the V6, Mythica!
Wasn't that my point of where does it end? Why are your needs greater than someone else's?

I've not said anyone has complained about it. I was making a point of why someone wouldn't want 1TB if 500GB is enough yet they have to pay for it. 1TB is plenty enough for the majority of VM customers and as you can't please everyone, it's the middle ground they went for.
Old 27-09-2018, 18:09   #2305
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Wasn't that my point of where does it end? Why are your needs greater than someone else's?

I've not said anyone has complained about it. I was making a point of why someone wouldn't want 1TB if 500GB is enough yet they have to pay for it. 1TB is plenty enough for the majority of VM customers and as you can't please everyone, it's the middle ground they went for.
Sky offered the choice of 1TB or 2TB. I don't see why Virgin couldn't have done the same, particularly given the plans for UHD channels, which will take up a lot more space.. It's a reasonable observation, I don't know why you are arguing about it.
Old 27-09-2018, 18:32   #2306
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Looks like BT Sports have lost UFC

http://elevensports.com/eleven-sport...k-and-ireland/
Old 27-09-2018, 18:36   #2307
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Crime and inv. Is now on channel 223 (also on channel 275), Crime and inv. +1 is now on channel 295 (also on channel 224) and Crime and inv. HD is now on channel 272 (also on channel 222).
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-09-2018, 19:04   #2308
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Sky offered the choice of 1TB or 2TB. I don't see why Virgin couldn't have done the same, particularly given the plans for UHD channels, which will take up a lot more space.. It's a reasonable observation, I don't know why you are arguing about it.
I've having an opinion, not arguing about it. They could have had a choice but they didn't, probably because 1TB is plenty enough for the vast majority of VM customers, even with 4K here. When 4K has more channels, there is nothing stopping them offering a 2TB box. Those of us with 2 V6 boxes already have 2TB.
Old 27-09-2018, 19:12   #2309
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
I've having an opinion, not arguing about it. They could have had a choice but they didn't, probably because 1TB is plenty enough for the vast majority of VM customers, even with 4K here. When 4K has more channels, there is nothing stopping them offering a 2TB box. Those of us with 2 V6 boxes already have 2TB.
At which point, we lose all our recordings. Good thinking, Mythica.
Old 27-09-2018, 19:42   #2310
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
At which point, we lose all our recordings. Good thinking, Mythica.
It's not all about you, you're not their only customer. I'm not sure why we're debating what ifs, they didn't release a 2TB box.
Closed Thread