Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2008, 00:23   #7666
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

For the red tops we just need a stunner to turn up in this:

http://badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugins/f....php?1629.post

Actually as I type... thinking... I know someone who dated a Nutz girl, I reckon she'd be game, I'll see what I can do

Thoughts on yes(we want a girl in comedy thong) or no(it cheapens our campaign)
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2008, 00:24   #7667
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

LUG done.
Old 31-05-2008, 00:27   #7668
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff View Post
Already contacted BBC, someone else is in the process of contacting C4 for me and I don't know anyone at ITV or C5.

Alexander Hanff
Your press release has been mailed to C5 news.
bottom three lines changed of couse, as requested.
Old 31-05-2008, 00:27   #7669
phormwatch
Inactive

phormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enoughphormwatch will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am tired is what I am, I have only had 4 hours sleep in the last 3 days, but still not enough Diggs, so I am calling in all the favours I can to try and get it up there. It is gonna be a long night...

Alexander Hanff
OK, I've posted the digg url on a popular talkboard as well as posted it on my phormwatch blog.
Old 31-05-2008, 00:29   #7670
serial
Inactive

serial is on a distinguished roadserial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am tired is what I am, I have only had 4 hours sleep in the last 3 days, but still not enough Diggs, so I am calling in all the favours I can to try and get it up there. It is gonna be a long night...
Alexander Hanff
It's Friday night, most people I know are out, so tomorrow we should start to see primary digging, then as they forward we'll get seconday digging etc etc.

Don't stress this evening, we have a whole weekend, get some sleep dude. Your family are more important than an evening stressing about diggs on a protest over a month away.
Old 31-05-2008, 00:29   #7671
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Alexander Hanff
can you not get chris over at el reg to tag the link for diggs on the bottom of the article, i see you have put it in the comments, but more would see it if the link was in the article

peter
Old 31-05-2008, 00:38   #7672
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
can you not get chris over at el reg to tag the link for diggs on the bottom of the article, i see you have put it in the comments, but more would see it if the link was in the article

peter
I am not sure if they would be happy to promote a competing news site to be honest. I was lucky enough for my comment to go through. Chris and El Reg have been great on this issue so I don't want to risk asking for too much.

Alexander Hanff

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
It's Friday night, most people I know are out, so tomorrow we should start to see primary digging, then as they forward we'll get seconday digging etc etc.

Don't stress this evening, we have a whole weekend, get some sleep dude. Your family are more important than an evening stressing about diggs on a protest over a month away.
You will be amazed how quickly that 6 weeks will vanish. If I turn up to this demo and only half a dozen people arrive I will look like a complete monkey and I don't want that to happen. Getting this out in the public now will give people time to book a day holiday.

there is the other side to this as well, the BT Trials are "imminent" so the more people know about this issue before the trials begin, the more difficult it will be for BT to get their 10 000 lab rats.

Alexander Hanff
Old 31-05-2008, 00:40   #7673
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

if your really wanting to make a bigger splash OC , then putting some video footage quotes from the speaker's of the event together, could be made into a short and snappy "current.TV" video clip that could then be uploaded before the event.

it needs to be in the younger demographic and CurrentTV style to be effective and fire them up about them being spyed on for profit and make them actively appose it though....

if there were a clip of the gadgetshow Interception for profit OC then that too could have made it to the currentTV pages and googleCurrent.
http://current.com/search/search.do?...er=jsp&q=phorm

http://current.com/uploads

some coverage from the US:
http://blogs.mediapost.com/online_examiner/?p=1747
"
Advocates Target ISP Working With Phorm

Posted May 30th, 2008 by Wendy Davis
Behavioral targeting company Phorm hasn’t launched yet, but is already facing more pushback than even the staunchest privacy advocates likely anticipated. The latest news is that Phorm opponent Alex Hanff is calling for people to picket the annual meeting of BT — one of the Internet service providers that’s working with Phorm.

“The purpose of the protest is to make BT shareholders aware of the past and planned use of allegedly illegal interception technologies to sell behavioral profiles to an ex-spyware company,” he said, according to a report today in the U.K. paper The Register.
..."
Old 31-05-2008, 00:41   #7674
icsys
Inactive

Services: Virgin - BB,TV,Phone Sky box - with no sub Freeview - idtv
icsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really niceicsys is just really nice

It's starting to filter across the net...

http://www.addict3d.org/news/377188/...reholders.html
http://robojo.wordpress.com/2008/05/...ned-at-bt-agm/
http://blogs.mediapost.com/online_examiner/?p=1747
http://planet.perl.org/
http://wordpress.com/tag/privacy/
http://virtualreview.org/tech/zoom/6...t-shareholders
Old 31-05-2008, 00:47   #7675
bluecar1
Inactive

bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

[QUOTE=SelfProtection;34563988]
Quote:
posted over on BT Beta forums http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/th...=24149幕

peter

The link you posted on the beta.bt.. forum does not properly link to the digg.
thanks missed the fact the link did not travel well

does now

peter

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Quote:
I am not sure if they would be happy to promote a competing news site to be honest. I was lucky enough for my comment to go through. Chris and El Reg have been great on this issue so I don't want to risk asking for too much.

Alexander Hanff
fair comment, was just a thought,

did you get the pm with the other contact

peter
Old 31-05-2008, 00:49   #7676
lardycake
Inactive

lardycake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial View Post
For the red tops we just need a stunner to turn up in this:

http://badphorm.co.uk/e107_plugins/f....php?1629.post

Actually as I type... thinking... I know someone who dated a Nutz girl, I reckon she'd be game, I'll see what I can do

Thoughts on yes(we want a girl in comedy thong) or no(it cheapens our campaign)
It is probably about the only thing that will get the tabloids interested.

@Alex - dugg it
Old 31-05-2008, 00:55   #7677
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

[QUOTE=bluecar1;34564004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfProtection View Post

thanks missed the fact the link did not travel well

does now

peter

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

fair comment, was just a thought,

did you get the pm with the other contact

peter
Yup sent email to her, sorry I thought I replied to your pm lol.

Another funny thing just happened to. I posted the press release to UK LUG and never realised one of my friends is one of the admins. He contacted me online to tell me it has been forwarded to the regional list managers. It has already been posted to the Dorset and Nottingham LUG email lists as a result.

Alexander Hanff
Old 31-05-2008, 01:02   #7678
bluecar1
Inactive

[QUOTE=AlexanderHanff;34564015]
Quote:

Yup sent email to her, sorry I thought I replied to your pm lol.

Another funny thing just happened to. I posted the press release to UK LUG and never realised one of my friends is one of the admins. He contacted me online to tell me it has been forwarded to the regional list managers. It has already been posted to the Dorset and Nottingham LUG email lists as a result.

Alexander Hanff
great, did not check my pm's

also anyone got a youtube account??

could put a link to the dig here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhbuQOW_Lpo, 1600 views in what looks like a couple of weeks

peter
Old 31-05-2008, 01:12   #7679
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Any University of London Alumni able to obtain favours?

Student Unions Mags?

LSE SU, UCL SU, Imperial SU, Kings College SU, SOAS etc?
Old 31-05-2008, 01:32   #7680
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
I've emailed the editorial team at the Gadget Show to tell them of the protest (saying it may be of interest to them after they said they would keep an eye on the issue), and pointed them to http://nodpi.org/?p=3. I've told them it's a work in progress and will be added to as things are confirmed.
it being the gadgetshow OC, means they need to find an angle they can cover it with,and justify the wider angle.

perhaps they can supply some mobile video streaming gadgets tech that can then be trialed and compared while covering the protest?
Closed Thread