Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband gone down

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Broadband gone down

Old 14-12-2018, 02:20   #1
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point
Broadband gone down

Broadband gone dead in Slough SL2 area. Went down as soon as it was midnight. Happened Tuesday midnight too. Many others from surrounding areas are reporting same problem on Downdetector with 488 reports for 00:00am.

It's been down over an hour now. Wonder what's going on.
Old 14-12-2018, 13:04   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Broadband gone down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pence View Post
Broadband gone dead in Slough SL2 area. Went down as soon as it was midnight. Happened Tuesday midnight too. Many others from surrounding areas are reporting same problem on Downdetector with 488 reports for 00:00am.

It's been down over an hour now. Wonder what's going on.
We don't know, ask VM (or try the service status page https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status)
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 15:54   #3
Dinalt
cf.member

Dinalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Broadband gone down

I'm in SL2 myself and my broadband went down at exactly the same time as yourself. When I contacted them they insisted it was a fault at my end and insisted I needed a technician to visit (this was Thursday morning). When I get home that night I had a look at the modem's admin screen and it reported I was connected but network access was denied. I rang them again to query this and was told that no it was a fault at my end and I would still need a technician. When I got up the next day surprise it had cured itself...
looking online this is not one off ...
PS my main concern was the last time I had a technician visit they managed to sever my telephone line (whilst failing to fix a recurring broadband problem) and I've been unable to use it since.
Dinalt is offline   Reply With Quote