Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 22-10-2018, 19:19   #2446
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
$ky don't reduce prices when they lose rights --- thats the bigger issue!

I agree with you, however

Does anyone? No!
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2018, 19:52   #2447
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I agree with you, however

Does anyone? No!
Prices certainly don't go down that is for sure.
Old 22-10-2018, 20:16   #2448
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Is it more expensive ?

Sky Entertainment and Sky Sports in HD is currently £40 a month on Sky and available to new and existing customers.
Old 22-10-2018, 20:44   #2449
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

The problem is the market doesn’t have “perfect competition” - and it can’t. OFCOM should have shown some teeth and regulated Sky’s pricing.

That didn’t happen, supernormal profits happened now everyone wants a piece but the market still doesn’t exist to drive down supply side prices.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:34   #2450
LaLiga
Inactive

LaLiga is an unknown quantity at this point

Too be fair Sky have reduced their Sports package it's widely available for £20 per month now before it used to be nearer £40.

Not out the kindest of their hearts mind, but because their subscribers were falling or they preempted a fall.

Losing the Champions League was a big blow and it has been a coup for BT.

I remember at the time lots of people saying they weren't bothered about the CL and that BT were making a mistake, interest will dwindle etc but it's still as prominent as ever.

It does rely on The English teams doing well OC.

I wasn't ware the final was Free to Air however those figures are still huge for a non mainstream channel (i.e 1-5).

Last edited by LaLiga; 22-10-2018 at 21:39.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:46   #2451
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I agree if you shop around there are plenty deals about , I've seen my TV bill come down over the last few years and in many cases been able to switch to deals that have offered me more for less.

More deals are being made to existing customers in return for recontracting.
Old 22-10-2018, 21:48   #2452
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLiga View Post
Too be fair Sky have reduced their Sports package it's widely available for £20 per month now before it used to be nearer £40.

Not out the kindest of their hearts mind, but because their subscribers were falling or they preempted a fall.

Losing the Champions League was a big blow and it has been a coup for BT.

I remember at the time lots of people saying they weren't bothered about the CL and that BT were making a mistake, interest will dwindle etc but it's still as prominent as ever.

It does rely on The English teams doing well OC.

I wasn't ware the final was Free to Air however those figures are still huge for a non mainstream channel (i.e 1-5).
One thing boosted the viewing figures - the fact that an English team (Liverpool) were in the final.
Old 22-10-2018, 22:07   #2453
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I agree if you shop around there are plenty deals about , I've seen my TV bill come down over the last few years and in many cases been able to switch to deals that have offered me more for less.
Same here, I got a £20 monthly reduction this year for exactly the same package I have had for years.
Old 22-10-2018, 22:30   #2454
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Sky have always heavily discounted retentions and new customer offers. That’s not evidence of a price reduction. Television only ARPU would deliver a true representation.

Last edited by jfman; 22-10-2018 at 22:35.
Old 22-10-2018, 22:56   #2455
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

The last few deals I've had have been offered on their website and been available to new and existing customers I've rang quoting the deal and switched to these deals part way through contracts to reduce costs.

If the customer looks about the deals are out there with all providers.

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Same here, I got a £20 monthly reduction this year for exactly the same package I have had for years.
That's a good saving on your Virgin package

Last edited by muppetman11; 22-10-2018 at 22:59.
Old 22-10-2018, 22:56   #2456
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

This is probably in the wrong thread, but since Sky is being discussed, does anyone know when their "dishless" service will arrive?
Old 22-10-2018, 22:59   #2457
jfman
Architect of Ideas

As has always been the case (discounts).

But if the point of discussion is whether the price of Sky Sports is decreasing then the headline price is going up and Sky’s ARPU is going up. The overall costs relating to and charges for Sky Sports are going up.

If everyone phoned for a retention deal then very quickly they’d stop offering it as the business model would fail.
Old 22-10-2018, 23:36   #2458
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

More deals are being made to existing customers in return for recontracting.
I've been with sky for nearly 5 years now. I'm paying £1 a month more now for the same package I had 60 months ago. Heavily discounted through out. Used to have to call at the end of each contract term but for the past 2 years they've came to me with offers. Latest one was sky sports and sky movies in HD for £25 per month. New 18 month contract but price fixed for 36 months. Everytime my broadband contract is nearly up they email me a new deal to stay. Its effort free and saves me the hassle of shopping around. I don't know if they profile their customer's but it's as if they know if they ever try to move me to a full price package I'd simply leave.
Old 23-10-2018, 05:16   #2459
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The last statement from Sky was it was launching in July 2019 in two areas of which neither are UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
This is probably in the wrong thread, but since Sky is being discussed, does anyone know when their "dishless" service will arrive?
Old 23-10-2018, 09:07   #2460
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

"Latest one was sky sports and sky movies in HD for £25 per month"

If virgin offered that I would take it in a heartbeat.
Closed Thread