Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 2007/2008

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Avram Grant sacked

Old 24-05-2008, 19:06   #1
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Avram Grant sacked

It's been on the news that Chelsea have sacked Avram Grant, if you ask me Chelsea need their wings clipping, they are getting a little out of order, Grant has taken them to 2nd in the Premiership, a cup final against Spurs and the final of the Champions league is this not good enough for Abramovich??

One thing I'd like to know is how he amassed such a fortune in such a short space of time, how the hell can you amass £12billion in 10 years without something very dodgy going on?
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2008, 19:14   #2
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
Re: Avram Grant sacked

I was reading RA's wiki page earlier, I was amazed how quick he earned the money. I think it proves how good the oil business is.

I think it's a mistake firing AG, as you've said with what he got them. RA is expecting far too much.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 19:57   #3
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

RA quite obviously doesn't know football, i'm surprised he didnt rip up terry's and anelka's contracts after all they missed the penalties

Didn't grant have a similar record to mourinho (ignoring trophy wins)?
dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 20:13   #4
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

It's crackers, and this is from a Man Utd supporter, I don't like Abramovich simple as that. Mourinho got the boot because his was against Abramovich getting involved in transfers and team selections, the style of footy they played my backside. Chelsea are nothing more than a plaything for this bloke to raise his ego and spend cash he clearly has no use for. He is doing Chelsea no favours. To sack Grant, who was a game and a post from a double with someone elses team, is stupid. They just bought a player from Portugal (name has slipped my mind) whos idea was he? Grants? Clearly not, so why have they signed him, he was linked with UTD, are we back on that game?

Actually I can't find any link to the portugal signing, so it might have been paper talk.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 20:48   #5
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I find it pathetic to be honest, just shows how little class Chelsea have as a club. I feel sorry for Grant with what that crook Abramovich and ****** Kenyon have put him through and how they have treated him.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 20:52   #6
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Ah but with that track record someone will snap him up..It will be Chelsea's loss.
Old 24-05-2008, 21:51   #7
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Come on, Grant was always a stop gap. Yes he got us to the CL final, but his selection and even the substitutions were a bit strange. If it hadn't been for petra cechs saves I dont even thing the game would have gone to extra time.

He hasn't bought in anything different to what Jose did, apart from sign Anelka and subsequently play him as a right/left winger.

Im personally glad he's gone, Chelsea would have finished second even if there were people from the Cable Forum managing.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 22:20   #8
kingbuxton
Inactive

kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Interesting. From an outside view (Man Utd) the bloke has been as close as you could get to doing a double and not doing it, you have pushed us and then some this season. I fail to see what sacking him achieves. He was working with another mans squad/mentality. Another manager will have the same issue, more signings etc etc. At least with Grant you had a season of experience, he could have identified problems and filled them. Abramovich is killing you, his ethos is insane, you can't just buy trophies and even worse sulk when it goes wrong. This is heading towards a situation where you don't win the Prem/ECL - get rid of everything and buy a new squad, don't win, do it again. Then you win it, and then what? He leaves? He is a nutcase and you are best off without him.
Old 24-05-2008, 22:41   #9
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Come on, Grant was always a stop gap. Yes he got us to the CL final, but his selection and even the substitutions were a bit strange. If it hadn't been for petra cechs saves I dont even thing the game would have gone to extra time.

He hasn't bought in anything different to what Jose did, apart from sign Anelka and subsequently play him as a right/left winger.

Im personally glad he's gone, Chelsea would have finished second even if there were people from the Cable Forum managing.
He lost what, two premier league games away to United and away to Arsenal, not bad if you ask me, i would have said it was your bad start to the season that let you down in the end and that was under Mourinhio. I just think he's been treated disgracefully by Chelsea and Kenyon and whoever else involved should be ashamed of theirselves. I don't see the difference between when he was hired and now, if anything Chelsea have improved, they finished closer to United in the league compared to last season and got to the final of the biggest cup competition in Europe which they've never done before.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 22:55   #10
kingbuxton
Inactive

@Shadow Demon UK, lovin that avatar! Do you have MUTV? He was using it as a drum on the coach returning to OT, banging it to the beat of the tunes they had playing
Old 24-05-2008, 22:56   #11
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
He lost what, two premier league games away to United and away to Arsenal, not bad if you ask me, i would have said it was your bad start to the season that let you down in the end and that was under Mourinhio. I just think he's been treated disgracefully by Chelsea and Kenyon and whoever else involved should be ashamed of theirselves. I don't see the difference between when he was hired and now, if anything Chelsea have improved, they finished closer to United in the league compared to last season and got to the final of the biggest cup competition in Europe which they've never done before.
Conceding late minute goals to villa, tottenham and wigan let us down and cost us the title.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 23:12   #12
kingbuxton
Inactive

Saaf, what is your opinion of Abramovich? I know his ££££ got you Mourinho and players I don't think would have touched you with a 10 foot pole, but under Bates and Claudio Ranieri you where getting there on merit, Abramovich could have just plugged the gaps, got you a couple of HUGE players, but he seems to have just taken over, it is now more Abramovich FC than Chelsea FC! This is an outside view, you may see back to back Prems in a totally different light than me? His £££££ influx has introduced an instant win mentality to the Prem, big transfers have overtaken youth and local talent, our reserves where good enough to finish mid table in the Prem, none of them have made it as 1st team regulars, sucks big time. If winning the ECL will get rid of him, then I hope you do it next season.
Old 24-05-2008, 23:23   #13
mouqeet
cf.addict

Services: VM
mouqeet is an unknown quantity at this point

You got to be kidding me

he was the only manager to get them to the final in champion league

he took them to carling cup final

u got to be kiidng me :@
mouqeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 18:53   #14
Jade
Inactive

Jade is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem for Grant is that from day one he has always been a dead man walking. Even if he had won the Champions League I think Abramovich would have still got rid of him. Would not be surprised to see Ambramovich re-appoint the so called "Special One".

Anyway I am glad Manchester Utd won, not only it was 50 years after the Munich disaster, but its even sweeter that they did it in Ambramovich's back yard. Just brilliant!
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 19:00   #15
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I was reading RA's wiki page earlier, I was amazed how quick he earned the money. I think it proves how good the oil business is.
Extortion does earn people money quickly
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote