Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 17-09-2020, 14:21   #91
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

If you’ve already installed them, it will be interesting to see if you can get your V6s back. Personally, I doubt it.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-09-2020, 14:22   #92
offmore
cf.member

offmore is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jynx78 View Post
Just received our two 360 boxes straight away i could see it would be the same set up as sky q which i can not get on with. i phoned them to confirm All recording will be in one place so only 1T storage and all recordings are in one place mixed up. I prefer they way its set up with the v6 box in a separate folder so i know what i have left to watch and what space i have left on the drive. Also with this set up your programs may not record if other people in the house has filled up the drive. My personal opinion i am staying with the v6.
are you one of the people that are testing it as i was told it is not available in uk . but have seen people on the top package can get the 360 boxes
offmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 14:23   #93
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I've been reading this thread with interest but without taking up any offers of trialing this new system. From what I can gather:

They're trying to copy the Sky Q set up, main box and mini boxes.
This appears to be implemented badly seeing as VM targetted existing customers with 2 or more V6.
Reduced recording capacity may not be an issue for all but certainly for some.
The mini box needing a coax connection is for me a terrible decision. Yes there may be technical reasons behind it and yes there may be a future software upgrade that makes it work through Wifi, who knows. But at the moment it works through coax which is fine when you're replacing existing boxes but new customers potentially moving from Sky Q would find it a pain, especially as second boxes are normally in a bedroom. Those cables can be diffcult to hide.

I'm sure the new UI is a hell of a lot more modern looking but I think I'll stick to the trusty V6's for now.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 15:26   #94
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
are you one of the people that are testing it as i was told it is not available in uk . but have seen people on the top package can get the 360 boxes
I took delivery of my TV360 box yesterday, I'm certainly not on the top package!
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 15:57   #95
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I've been reading this thread with interest but without taking up any offers of trialing this new system. From what I can gather:

They're trying to copy the Sky Q set up, main box and mini boxes.
This appears to be implemented badly seeing as VM targetted existing customers with 2 or more V6.
Reduced recording capacity may not be an issue for all but certainly for some.
The mini box needing a coax connection is for me a terrible decision. Yes there may be technical reasons behind it and yes there may be a future software upgrade that makes it work through Wifi, who knows. But at the moment it works through coax which is fine when you're replacing existing boxes but new customers potentially moving from Sky Q would find it a pain, especially as second boxes are normally in a bedroom. Those cables can be diffcult to hide.

I'm sure the new UI is a hell of a lot more modern looking but I think I'll stick to the trusty V6's for now.
The thing I find strange about it all is it still needs a coax connection for the mini box, seems totally pointless having one when you can just keep the second V6 box which also has it's own storage. I've got to say, in my opinion, this has to be the worst offer ever.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 16:07   #96
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Where have you seen that you can have one V6 box and one new Horizon box?
I believe that is not possible - it’s TiVo or Horizon on an account, not both.
Old 17-09-2020, 16:18   #97
offmore
cf.member

i was on about a setup to have horizon box and mini one
Old 17-09-2020, 16:18   #98
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Not sure Mythica meant that - I suspect she meant she will stick with the 2V6 boxes, as would I if I was staying with Virgin.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 16:20   #99
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not sure Mythica meant that - I suspect she meant she will stick with the 2V6 boxes, as would I if I was staying with Virgin.
Apologies.
Old 17-09-2020, 16:43   #100
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Yeah I meant sticking with two V6 boxes.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 16:56   #101
offmore
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatt73 View Post
I took delivery of my TV360 box yesterday, I'm certainly not on the top package!
are you a tester for the 360 then. just tried to order one , they told be it had not been launched yet so it was not general avaiable . they could not tell me anything about it as they had not got any information on it
Old 17-09-2020, 17:13   #102
jynx78
cf.member

jynx78 is an unknown quantity at this point

After phoning virgin media they confirmed it is sky q like system, we are on th top packege with two v6 boxes. Was offered a free up grade received them yesterday had a look at them and without any research see what they was doing so while on the Phone with them after they confirmed it is sky q like system i ask to return them.
jynx78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 18:11   #103
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
are you a tester for the 360 then. just tried to order one , they told be it had not been launched yet so it was not general avaiable . they could not tell me anything about it as they had not got any information on it
I guess I am a tester then. I filled the form in which popped up when I logged in to My Virgin Media some weeks ago. Received a call from VM on Sunday and took delivery of 360 box yesterday. I've only got Mixit TV plus Sky Sports and I only have one box (I've noticed others speculating you have to have more than one).
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 21:07   #104
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Something else I was reminded of in another forum is the V6 allows you to create you own ordered and channel selected EPG - per profile too.

So for example, one can set up an EPG of just the 5 main HD terrestrial channels and another can set up just their favourite movie and/or sports channels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0398.JPG (646.4 KB, 111 views)
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 23:47   #105
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Something else I was reminded of in another forum is the V6 allows you to create you own ordered and channel selected EPG - per profile too.

So for example, one can set up an EPG of just the 5 main HD terrestrial channels and another can set up just their favourite movie and/or sports channels.
you mean 360 not v6?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote