Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2014 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2014 Season

Old 01-03-2014, 11:45   #61
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Formula 1 2014 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Lets hope so but somehow i doubt it
Ditto.
Old 01-03-2014, 14:29   #62
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Red Bull boss Christian Horner bemused by testing problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26397986
Old 01-03-2014, 17:26   #63
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Don't worry den, come Australia Vettel will have found some way to fix the car so he is sitting on Pole Position.

There was an article on BBC Sport saying that the new rules and design of cars is ideally suited for Button. Unfortunately, as I went just now to find it on the site cannot find it any more. I was reading it on the train the other day though.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 13:50   #64
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Day 3.

1. F Massa, Williams, 99, 1:33.258
2. N Rosberg, Mercedes, 103, 1:33.484
3. K Raikkonen, Ferrari, 87, 1:35.426
4. K Magnussen, McLaren, 88, 1:35.894
5. D Kyvat, Toro Rosso, 81, 1:36.113
6. N Hulkenberg, Force India, 115, 1:36.205
7. J Bianchi, Marussia, 78, 1:37.087
8. M Ericsson, Caterham, 117, 1:38.083
9. R Grosjean, Lotus, 33, 1:42.166
10. A Sutil, Sauber, 1, no time
11. S Vettel, Red Bull, 0, no time

Day 4.

1. L Hamilton, Mercedes, 70, 1:33.278
2. V Bottas, Williams, 108, 1:33.987
3. F Alonso, Ferrari, 74, 1:34.280
4. N Hulkenberg, Force India, 74, 1:35.577
5. J-E Vergne, Toro Rosso, 74, 1:35.701
6. A Sutil, Sauber, 91, 1:36.467
7. M Chilton, Marussia, 61, 1:36.835
8. E Gutierrez, Sauber, 86, 1:37.303
9. S Vettel, Red Bull, 77, 1:37.468
10. J Button, McLaren, 22, 1:38.111
11. K Kobayashi, Caterham, 106, 1:38.391
12. R Grosjean, Lotus, 32, 1:39.202
Old 03-03-2014, 15:54   #65
MetaWraith
Inactive

MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
MetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appealMetaWraith has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via ICQ to MetaWraith Send a message via AIM to MetaWraith Send a message via MSN to MetaWraith Send a message via Yahoo to MetaWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Don't worry den, come Australia Vettel will have found some way to fix the car so he is sitting on Pole Position.

There was an article on BBC Sport saying that the new rules and design of cars is ideally suited for Button. Unfortunately, as I went just now to find it on the site cannot find it any more. I was reading it on the train the other day though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26217777
MetaWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 16:11   #66
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I'm really looking forward to the new season. I think there may be some surprises from the likes of Williams.. however, I do believe from what i've read and see it *could* be Hamiltons year. I hope so. i'd like to see him back up there, as for Vettel, every good thing has an end and i'm glad they aren't doing so well. Its boring, he gets to the first corner off her goes and Vettel wins.. boring.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 14:07   #67
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Williams finally announced their new sponsorship deal with Martini on Thursday.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...ni-on-thursday
Old 11-03-2014, 15:36   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Red Bull boss Christian Horner warns Mercedes may lap field in the Australian GP.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...-australian-gp
Old 13-03-2014, 19:51   #69
denphone
Still alive and fighting

2014 favourite Lewis Hamilton bidding to end 'lifetime' wait for second world title.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...nd-world-title

Yes that would be very nice.
Old 15-03-2014, 08:11   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Hamilton on pole from Daniel Ricciardo.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12...niel-ricciardo
Old 15-03-2014, 09:54   #71
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I watched the qualy this morning, I do believe, although it is too early to tell yet, this could be Hamiltons year. I'm also, curious over Vettel, I don't think he is as the same calibre as drivers that have gone through rough times, I personally dont think it will make him. I believe he will throw his dummy out the pram so to speak. As for the new cars, I hated the noise at first, however, i've listened properly now and I love the "turbo whizz" they make. I also like the grainy noise they make.

All said, I think theres but too much negative points but I am enjoying having it back and especially now, I have SKY Sports F1.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2014, 06:18   #72
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The rule changes have done it.. look at the state of these cars. RBR were never there. Marussia couldn't even do a parade lap, Hamilton out, Vettel out.

We wanted excitement and we got it. But I was certain we wanted racing and not a game of who can make their car work because that's what is going to decide these races. Massa, Kobayashi out.

Bets on how many are actually going to see the flag? Vettel shouted down the radio, as much as I dislike the guy he has a fair point, this is ridiculous. Bianchi, Ericsson, Maldonado out. Fuel saving in racing. :/
Old 16-03-2014, 08:16   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Rosberg wins after Lewis Hamilton and Vettel retire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26599556
Old 16-03-2014, 14:41   #74
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Gets better and better today. Vettel and Hamilton both retiring, and now Red Bull have Ricciardo DQ'd for breaching fuel consumption rules. Red Bull say they will appeal and probably will win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26601418

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Red Bull say the sensors have been faulty ever since they were introduced. If that is the case, how comes other teams haven't been DQ'd or complained about it Christian Horner? Muppet. Just because RB aren't going to be able to cheat their way to a title this year they will moan about others cheating.
Old 16-03-2014, 15:02   #75
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Gets better and better today. Vettel and Hamilton both retiring, and now Red Bull have Ricciardo DQ'd for breaching fuel consumption rules. Red Bull say they will appeal and probably will win.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/26601418

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

Red Bull say the sensors have been faulty ever since they were introduced. If that is the case, how comes other teams haven't been DQ'd or complained about it Christian Horner? Muppet. Just because RB aren't going to be able to cheat their way to a title this year they will moan about others cheating.
Cheat? How was having the faster more reliable car cheating?