Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Season 2010/2011

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Season 2010/2011

Old 05-08-2010, 21:31   #16
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Football Season 2010/2011

We've still got Cesc Fabregas!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...enal-barcelona

Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2010, 09:19   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Spurs mouthing off again:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...cernet&cc=5739

Quote:
"If we can get past the play-off qualifier, I honestly think we will go further in the Champions League than Arsenal," Defoe told the Daily Mirror. "No disrespect to Arsenal, because they have a good record in the Champions League and for them it's become part of the furniture, part of their regular season, it's the norm.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:04   #18
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4 View Post
Hmm we have had many false dawns with Liverpool, look what happend when the 2 American's came in. I hope it does solve our financial problems but I always worry that it will all go belly up.
I'm just impressed that you've managed to replace Aurelio and Insua with Aurelio and Insua
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:09   #19
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Come on, he has to talk up his club.

BTW, you do know he's an Arsenal dan, don't you?

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

This tweet from a Harry Redknpap Twitter account made me laugh.

Quote:
Defoe’s right, we *can* go further than Arsenal in the CL. For a start we could get Kiev in the qualifier, that’s bleeding miles away.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:48   #20
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Seeing as Arsenal made the semi's I can't see them getting further than that in the first season and they might never get back in for another chance
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 13:10   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
Seeing as Arsenal made the semi's I can't see them getting further than that in the first season and they might never get back in for another chance
Hey Arsenal made the final

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Come on, he has to talk up his club.

BTW, you do know he's an Arsenal dan, don't you?
It's always the comparisons with Arsenal, like last year when Keane said Spurs had a better team etc.

I do like that twitter comment, something I imagine he would actually say.
Old 06-08-2010, 13:20   #22
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
It's always the comparisons with Arsenal, like last year when Keane said Spurs had a better team etc.
But Arsenal are the next team up and our local rivals.

If our teams previous results are reversed, would you want your team coming out saying "Ahh, we'll never beat them, never finish further than them, so what can you do?"

And anyway, that's besides the point. The point he was making was the atmosphere at the home grounds. Even Arsenal fans say the atmosphere at the Emirates is dead. Whereas at WHL it isn't. He was saying that could be the difference, and quite often people in the past have said the 12th man does make a difference.

If you want arrogance, you need to look at City.
Old 06-08-2010, 13:29   #23
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

I was going to look some info on Spurs opponents, but I think googling Young Boys might not be a good idea while in work.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 13:33   #24
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
But Arsenal are the next team up and our local rivals.

If our teams previous results are reversed, would you want your team coming out saying "Ahh, we'll never beat them, never finish further than them, so what can you do?"
Nah I'ld avoid mentioning them. If Spurs finished consistently above us I wouldn't say we are going to raise above them, unless it's banter.

Quote:
And anyway, that's besides the point. The point he was making was the atmosphere at the home grounds. Even Arsenal fans say the atmosphere at the Emirates is dead. Whereas at WHL it isn't. He was saying that could be the difference, and quite often people in the past have said the 12th man does make a difference.
I think the Emirates atmosphere is not as bad as people make out but I agree that it's pretty quiet compared to a lot of other teams. The lower tier is a lot louder and energetic compared to the Upper tier which can get pretty dead. I was at the Liverpool game last season and it was electric.

I would say that a lot of the top teams have this problem as ticket prices increase and newer stadiums tend to be larger and more spacious.

When Spurs move to their new stadium and the ticket prices go up to match it I imagine the atmosphere will quiet down a bit. Although the idea for a single stand like the Anfield Kop is a good idea.

Quote:
Say what you like about Spurs (and I do ) I was happier for them to finish to the top 4 than City. Spending a lot is one thing, automatically expecting to finish top as a result of that wealth as if it were some god given right is irritating. The way they, mostly Cook, go on about United is irritating. They way they used financial clout to bully Spurs from signing Bellamy(?) is the same.
Old 06-08-2010, 13:34   #25
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I don't think you're talking about the fans with that comment Something us city fans have learnt over the many, many, many years is never to count our chickens before they hatch
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 13:35   #26
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
I was going to look some info on Spurs opponents, but I think googling Young Boys might not be a good idea while in work.
I was worried about that, I went to Wikipedia and did a search for the swiss league and then clicked on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSC_Young_Boys

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I don't think you're talking about the fans with that comment Something us city fans have learnt over the many, many, many years is never to count our chickens before they hatch
Check out the Bluemoon forum
Old 06-08-2010, 13:39   #27
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Nah I'ld avoid mentioning them. If Spurs finished consistently above us I wouldn't say we are going to raise above them, unless it's banter.
Sometimes you can't though as journalists bring it up. And they neglect to mention that in their article.

Like thus:

Journalist: Jermain, can Spurs beat Arsenal this year?
Defoe: OIf course we can
Headline: "Defoe thinks Spurs are better than Arsenal"

I'm not saying that's what's happened, but its what usually happens.

Quote:
I think the Emirates atmosphere is not as bad as people make out but I agree that it's pretty quiet compared to a lot of other teams. The lower tier is a lot louder and energetic compared to the Upper tier which can get pretty dead. I was at the Liverpool game last season and it was electric.

I would say that a lot of the top teams have this problem as ticket prices increase and newer stadiums tend to be larger and more spacious.

When Spurs move to their new stadium and the ticket prices go up to match it I imagine the atmosphere will quiet down a bit. Although the idea for a single stand like the Anfield Kop is a good idea.
The good thing is the club are aware of it and seems to be proactive in avoiding it. Moving the stands as close as possible. A big a roof as possible, etc.
Old 06-08-2010, 13:43   #28
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Check out the Bluemoon forum
I did say CityFan's and not Mancini wannabees
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 13:52   #29
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
I was worried about that, I went to Wikipedia and did a search for the swiss league and then clicked on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSC_Young_Boys
Oh no it gets worse, look where they play! Wankdorfstadion
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 13:57   #30
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
The good thing is the club are aware of it and seems to be proactive in avoiding it. Moving the stands as close as possible. A big a roof as possible, etc.
How have they planned for transport btw? I heard WHL is not the easiest of stadiums to get too and exit from?

Arsenal have the Arsenal tube, Highbury and Islington, and Finsbury park and it's still difficult to leave (especially if you take Arsenal tube, Finsbury park is ok but the crowd take an age to get there).