Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Old 24-10-2009, 09:55   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Cool Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

As the last race of the 2009 season is upon us and already there's major talk/rumours of transfers/donington/rules/teams for 2010 I thought it's about time we had a new thread

Once the drivers are confirmed I'll put up the same poll as last year
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2009, 10:56   #2
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
Re: Formula 1 2010 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8322334.stm

Button in frame for McLaren drive

That would be one hell of a season if this happened. Thoughts?
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 11:12   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Already posted in the other thread...but remember that the news article is just a rumour, Button's agent is saying that Brawn are dragging thier heals over 2010 drivers and Kimi who is McLaren's first choice is uncontactable regarding this matter (he's probably peeved at Ferrari)
Old 24-10-2009, 11:20   #4
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

I know one of the guys that Marshalls at Donnigton, or should I say ex-marshall.......they were given their P45's on Thursday.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 12:01   #5
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

lets just hope Silverstone can do a deal. With Moto GP at the circuit too things are looking good on the investment front as long as Bernie doesn't want stupid money for it
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 13:09   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Bernie says F1 doesn't need the British GP and if Silverstone won't pay the going rate we could lose the race.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...24093032.shtml
Old 24-10-2009, 14:58   #7
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Yet again Bernie is thinking about his own pocket before the fans.

Bye bye bernie, don't forget to shut the door on the way out.

I cannot say what I want to say about bernie on this forum, as I'ld get banned for life.
Old 24-10-2009, 15:02   #8
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

I cannot say what I want to say about bernie on this forum, as I'ld get banned for life.
With you on that one - we need a British F1 - I aint willing to spend £100's on a plane to go to monaco and I aint prepared to spend a fortune on staying and then the ticket. Thus this year, I'm going to where it maybe, Silverstone or Donnigton. To be fair, Silverstone are "faffing" around - Donnigton aint got the cash. So it's a two way thing aswell.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 15:12   #9
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Silverstone want more guarantees about their contract, but by the sounds of things Bernie's not giving it to them. The problem there is that if Bernie does say "sorry Donington, you've had your chance", then they've not only wasted the opportunity, but they've got no MotoGP, no F1, a building site, no money, and no track to race on. Better they build the bloody thing first and worry about money later. There's plenty of time to find money after the work's been done.

Silverstone could host it for 3 years guaranteed, then Bernie can re-open negotiations with Donington and/or Silverstone about hosting rights.

Better yet, why not Brands Hatch? All it needs is run-off extended in a couple of places and it'd be perfect!
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 09:32   #10
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Could not agree more, I doubt there is better example of greed and arrogance on the planet.

Given the recent near fall outs with the board of CVC maybe there is hope. Would CVC want to be the ones to take a British GP away?
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 16:50   #11
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

Quote:
Formula 1 commercial rights holders Bernie Ecclestone has categorically insisted there will be no British Grand Prix at Donington Park next year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8332525.stm
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 17:16   #12
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Rosberg's outta Williams, but where next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8331563.stm
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 21:02   #13
hedgie
cf.geek

hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
Rosberg's outta Williams, but where next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8331563.stm
Other websites are speculating he has signed for Mercedes and could be placed at either McLaren or Brawn.
Old 31-10-2009, 09:13   #14
hedgie
cf.geek

Kymmy, one for confirmed for the poll

Bruno Senna at Campos........

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79887
Old 31-10-2009, 09:26   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Yep, just read it myself

BBC report @ http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8311919.stm

I think that Bruno is one of the very few "relatives of famous drivers" who could be succesful given time... That's the crux though will he be given time??