Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 18:53   #1
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

With the teams just about to start unvieling and then testing thier new cars for the 2009 season I thought it's about time to start a new thread..
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2009, 18:58   #2
demented
Inactive

Services: 4Mbs, V+, XLtv + premium channels.
demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season

Well I couldn't help posting in the other thread as it was 4 minutes after I posted. Unfortunately bad news already. No F1 in HD . Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but couldn't find mentions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sportedit...=13&ssoc=login and http://whathifi.com/News/BBC-No-HD-for-F1/ not surprised. Grrrrrr. Very mad indeed.

Other than that I haven't seen any other news apart from the interactive stuff.
Old 06-01-2009, 19:05   #3
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Ferrari unviel thier car on the 12th Jan, with Toyota on the 15th, Mclaren on the 16th with Renault, Williams and BMW Sauber unveiling the following week. Redbull have said thier car will be unvieled after all the others on the 9th Feb
Old 06-01-2009, 19:26   #4
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by demented View Post
Well I couldn't help posting in the other thread as it was 4 minutes after I posted. Unfortunately bad news already. No F1 in HD . Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but couldn't find mentions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sportedit...=13&ssoc=login and http://whathifi.com/News/BBC-No-HD-for-F1/ not surprised. Grrrrrr. Very mad indeed.

Other than that I haven't seen any other news apart from the interactive stuff.
It's angered me too, and MotoGP isn't in HD either now. I think im going to ditch Sky HD when my contract runs out.
Old 06-01-2009, 20:21   #5
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

it's not Sky's fault. It will eventually be in HD - it has no choice. same with all channels... given time, HD will be the new SD. It's very annoying though. I was really hoping it would be in HD. Still, it can't be any worse than ITV's sport coverage quality. Football and F1 on ITV is such poor quality...
Old 06-01-2009, 20:27   #6
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

I know it's not Sky's fault, but i like to watch my motorsport in HD and i was expecting it this year, im not going to pay £10 a month for a service i use once a month.
Old 06-01-2009, 20:38   #7
demented
Inactive

demented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud ofdemented has much to be proud of

I know it's not sky's fault either but it's just a statement of how it is. I know MotoGP won't be proper HD until 2010 (upscaled looks chuffing good) but that means nobody gets to watch it in HD as BBC HD will never put that on. Same with F1, with a 9hr spill-over channel Formula 1 isn't likely to get on BBC HD much for years. I was expecting 1 race though. This sucks. We're getting "channel blocked" as BBC hogs the SD, has exclusive rights and won't put it on in HD.

Looking forward to the new season and that though. Will be good to get the car piccies.
Old 06-01-2009, 21:14   #8
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

The problem is caused by the way the F1 coverage is shot. While all the channels covering it send commentry and sound teams out to each race, the video is provided by the local channel (so, the BBC would provide coverage for the British Grand Prix, a US local channel the coverage for the American Grand Prix).

The problem is caused because not all the local channels have HD equipment and facilities, and the FIA likes coverage to be uniform. The same happened when Nicam was introduced, and the same with Widescreen broadcasting.

Of course, that wouldn't prevent the BBC filming the British Grand Prix in both HD and SD, but there are presumably other reasons why they are not doing that..
Old 07-01-2009, 16:13   #9
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I checked, no local broadcaster was responsible for the filming. Apart from Monaco and Japan, FOM do the filming and broadcasting. Filmed in HD and broadcast to everyone in SD. The BBC have no chance of showing F1 in HD as there is simply no HD feed to use.
Old 07-01-2009, 17:09   #10
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Ferrari have announced that they are prepared to provide Honda Racing engines if they can find buyer. That's nice of them. Another team on the pay-roll? (Only kidding)

I'd like it if BBC made a dedicated website to the F1, like ITV had done. Currently its a subsection of the sports pages. If there isn't one, I'll probably still use the ITV-F1 website, because I personally prefer that over the BBC's site.

I'd also like to see if these new aerodynamics will make the racing any better, or whether it was a waste of time.
Old 07-01-2009, 17:53   #11
keithwalton
Inactive

keithwalton has reached the bronze age
keithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze agekeithwalton has reached the bronze age

we've only in the last couple of years got widescreen for f1 coverage! Dream on for HD, that would mean those on their high horses safe from the financial crisis actually spending some of their billions
Old 09-01-2009, 20:10   #12
Kymmy
Inactive

Toro Rosso have finally named one of their drivers for the 2009 season as Sebastien Buemi... It's nice to see the teams bringing in more young new talent

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7820688.stm
Old 09-01-2009, 20:15   #13
demented
Inactive

Yeah, Gerhard was talking about it the other day and it's nice to have it confirmed. Not sure what to think, with the potential loss of Honda, I have mixed feelings about yet another newbie coming in.
Old 09-01-2009, 21:45   #14
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Nick Fry is rumoured to place a bid for the Honda Racing Team. At least that's what it says on ITV-F1.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Ferrari's new car unvieled

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7812490.stm
Closed Thread