Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Football talk

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Football talk
Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2005, 08:55   #3526
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing
Re: [Merged] Football talk

<sotto voce>champions</sotto voce>
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2005, 09:07   #3527
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

For today only I am a Motherwell fan and hope they absolutely hammer Celtic (and that Rangers win as well OFC)

Probably not going to happen but fingers, toes etc. are definately crossed.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:12   #3528
Nidge

Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Because our finishing was abysmal but we had more possesion, created more chances and had more shots on target.
I would have put Smith on insted of Vanistelroy, Smith and Rooney work better IMO. Vanistelroy has been a yard off the pace since his injury last year. Someone said yesterday how many goals has Vanistelroy scored from outside the area?? I had to think about it it's none.

Old 22-05-2005, 10:06   #3529
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
I suppose we should take solace in the fact that the Arse have only beaten us once in open play during the last 9 times we've played them
Oo, I like a challenge:

2005 FA Cup - 0-0
2004/5 prem - 0-2 away, 2-4 home
2004/5 LC - 0-1
2004/5 CS 3-1
2003/4 FA Cup 0-1
2003/4 prem 1-1 home, 0-0 away
2003/4 CS 1-1

That's your 9, with one win for Arsenal and 4 draws and 4 United wins. However, Arsenal have won the FA Cup and Premiership in that time (against 1 FA Cup) and finished above United in the league in both seasons, thus proving that it counts for ding dong all. Arsenal's record v. United hasn't been too hot lately, but it hasn't needed to be.
Old 22-05-2005, 10:56   #3530
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
<sotto voce>champions</sotto voce>
Swapped loyalties to Chelsea have we? Interesting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Oo, I like a challenge:

2005 FA Cup - 0-0
2004/5 prem - 0-2 away, 2-4 home
2004/5 LC - 0-1
2004/5 CS 3-1
2003/4 FA Cup 0-1
2003/4 prem 1-1 home, 0-0 away
2003/4 CS 1-1

That's your 9, with one win for Arsenal and 4 draws and 4 United wins. However, Arsenal have won the FA Cup and Premiership in that time (against 1 FA Cup) and finished above United in the league in both seasons, thus proving that it counts for ding dong all. Arsenal's record v. United hasn't been too hot lately, but it hasn't needed to be.
So, all in all, you're agreeing that I'm right? Gee thanks...

Anyway, welcome back to this thread! Hadn't seen you around over the last few months, your presence seemed to wane from around when we beat a certain record - but you're back now, right when Arse win something...and that's all that counts, yeah?

I cannot agree that Arse were resilient (seems like most/all of the sunday papers are with me on this, plus Sky, BBC etc) as it was some great goalkeeping and abysmal finishing which kept the ball out of the Arse net. Oh, and a linesman's flag which called for an offside which wasn't interferring with play. But still, the result stayed the same.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2005, 11:20   #3531
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ D
Oh, and a linesman's flag which called for an offside which wasn't interferring with play. But still, the result stayed the same.
I'd agree with you if he was a long way from the ball, but he was within a few yards of it and I think the possibility that the other Utd player could have squared it to him is "interfering with play".
Old 22-05-2005, 11:23   #3532
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I don't think he was that close to him - it was fairly obvious (not just to me, also in the Express and Mail) where the ball was going to be played.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 22-05-2005, 11:42   #3533
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

think the cup final yesterday was a good picture of us all season.. had loads of chances and dominated the match yet we oinly tested the keeper a few times and just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net..

don't think pens is the way to win or lose a cup final.. after tossing the coin to see who goes first they might as well of just tossed it again to see who won..

still well done to arsenal on beating us.. with the team they had available not very adventerous tactics but not sure what else they could have done..

shame about giggs.. he deserved to start on the bench but think about this.. you are playing in your home town,, it's a cup final and you started on the bench.. surely that is motivation enough to get you fired up.. not if you Giggs it isn't i'll just take my 90 grand a week and then go on holiday
Old 22-05-2005, 14:29   #3534
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Yep, and he will be heading back quite soon
I have a feeling he might be in the hot seat at OT after Fergie.
Not if the boro can help it, he has done wonders for that team, when people bitch about him I cannot understand, look what happened when we were under Robsons spell, bugger all.
Still feeling sore russ! Its only a game!!!!! Wait till glaizer gets hold of it!!!!!
Old 22-05-2005, 16:00   #3535
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Gotta love the well

I'm happy.

Congratulations to Rangers. Scottish Premier League champions!!!!
Old 22-05-2005, 16:55   #3536
yesman

Real Madrid last night admitted they want to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. Real boss Vanderlei Luxemburgo is even considering converting the Manchester United winger, 20, into a striker. That would push Michael Owen down the Bernabeu pecking order and could pave the way for a swap deal. Luxemburgo said: "Cristiano is a very strong kid. He plays on the wing, but could play a bit more as a striker. He's a great player. But signings are something we discuss internally. You always have to be careful."

Link

Closed Thread