Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football Talk 2006/2007 Season
Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2007, 12:53   #2341
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

i read some comments from a Liverpool fan yesterday saying that AC shouldn't be in the comp as they didn't win the league the year before.. bit neither did Liverpool and they haven't won the league since about 89 or 90 i think

shows how fickle these fans are

in motor racing I don't just support the English drivers and loads of other sports i just follow who I like rather than a local or nation person

lets face it football clubs are no longer the focal point of a local community like they used to be
Advertisement
Old 24-05-2007, 12:54   #2342
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
lets face it football clubs are no longer the focal point of a local community like they used to be
Yes but when United prove to be the best in the Premiership yet again, it's a handy method for other teams' fans to have a pointless dig.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 24-05-2007, 13:26   #2343
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Not Swansea then, which happens to be my local team??
difficult man... you know what I mean.

some people in here :shock:
Old 24-05-2007, 14:20   #2344
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

looks like one team was over confident
Old 24-05-2007, 14:21   #2345
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Yes but when United prove to be the best in the Premiership yet again, it's a handy method for other teams' fans to have a pointless dig.
Exactly, it only ever happens when United win something, people can't criticise the team so they criticise the fans that support them
Old 24-05-2007, 18:40   #2346
yesman

Gazzae.

Do you know if Jimmy Quinn (Cambridge United's manager) is linked with the vacant Northern Ireland managers job?

It seems to be a rumour around here, but I can't find any news.

Cheers

Old 24-05-2007, 18:50   #2347
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Not as far as I know, people are saying that the smart money is on Danny Wilson.

Eastwoods (Irish bookmaker) have Warnock, Worthington, Coleman and Wilson as faves with Dowie, Nicholl, Magilton and Keoman behind them. They don't even have Quinn in the running.

But this is the IFA who knows who they'll appoint.
Old 24-05-2007, 18:56   #2348
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Not as far as I know, people are saying that the smart money is on Danny Wilson.

Eastwoods (Irish bookmaker) have Warnock, Worthington, Coleman and Wilson as faves with Dowie, Nicholl, Magilton and Keoman behind them. They don't even have Quinn in the running.

OK, thanks for that.
I would have thought that Quinn would need to be managing at a higher level anyway.

The source if this information came from Belfast News? apparantly, via CUFC's website, maybe it is just someone making small talk, hopefully

Old 24-05-2007, 19:09   #2349
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Belfast News is a free paper owned by the Belfast Newsletter I think. Can't see anything on their site.

Our Wee Country is a NI supports forum, no one on there is really mentioning Quinn. http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/
Old 24-05-2007, 21:04   #2350
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post

PLEASE Colin Calderwood

/prays

Old 25-05-2007, 10:23   #2351
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

As this season is now over, its best we close this one.

Between now and next season, please use this thread
Closed Thread