Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 06:56   #1696
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

The bits of WWE that BT Sport have is the bits which are not in WWE Network.

The same goes for Peacock in the US - the bits that BT Sport has are on other networks in the US and are not on Peacock.

I don't think the WWE will offer their premium assets to a streaming service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
If DAZN get BT Sport i would imagine they could potentially try to get the WWE Network on their streaming app like Peacock did.
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2021, 09:25   #1697
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I may be wrong, but the logic I see is that ITV will finally decide it does not need 113 as all the regions covered by VM are HD (or there's been pressure from other parties), so are moving the +1 up one. STV will obviously follow suit for STV+1. 114 being the lowest empty slot after this will be offered to Channel 4 to make up for releasing 106 for BBC3, rather than it go way up to its previous slot on 144 which has been held empty all this time just in case. Channel 4 seem to like their channels being on EPG numbers that have a 4, so 114 is ideal. ITV/STV obviously would rather claim 113 once it's not required by them for HD rather than a rival get it.
I wasn't looking at it in that much detail. I didn't see the logic in the move from 106 to 114 for a pre-launch slate. I was told this morning that the slate has launched with the wording "This Virgin Media service will no longer be supported and will be closing on 30th November 2021" and a link to an offer for a replacement V6 box. Presumably a final offer for users of old legacy set top boxes which have already been restricted to PSB channels only. I believe those boxes will see ITV SD on 113, so the slate will appear before and after PSB channels on the EPG on those boxes. If the slate had been left on 106, it would have been in the middle of the PSB range, so the reason for the change of slot is now more obvious.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:46   #1698
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I wasn't looking at it in that much detail. I didn't see the logic in the move from 106 to 114 for a pre-launch slate. I was told this morning that the slate has launched with the wording "This Virgin Media service will no longer be supported and will be closing on 30th November 2021" and a link to an offer for a replacement V6 box. Presumably a final offer for users of old legacy set top boxes which have already been restricted to PSB channels only. I believe those boxes will see ITV SD on 113, so the slate will appear before and after PSB channels on the EPG on those boxes. If the slate had been left on 106, it would have been in the middle of the PSB range, so the reason for the change of slot is now more obvious.
Thanks for the update.
Old 01-11-2021, 13:07   #1699
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media has today move all Kids Channels back to Kids Pack - but I see that Cartoon Network HD is still on Channel 732 on my boxes.

Also all Asian channels are now FREE until November 14th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/vmo2-opens...els-for-diwali

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Quote:
I know that V Boxes did die in January 2019 (My late Dad has one in his bedroom).

So it will be V+ Boxes that are set to close later this month on the 30th. My Dad move over to TiVo in April 2019 so I do not know that is broadcasting on V+ Boxes. But latest I know of in here: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33707489
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 01-11-2021, 14:00   #1700
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
..but I see that Cartoon Network HD is still on Channel 732 on my boxes.
From what I was told this morning, 12 of the 13 Kids channels that had been free to all subscribers have been moved back to the Kids Pack and whatever pack Baby TV is in. So that would tie in with CN HD still being available. Shhh! they might not notice.
Old 01-11-2021, 14:03   #1701
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
From what I was told this morning, 12 of the 13 Kids channels that had been free to all subscribers have been moved back to the Kids Pack and whatever pack Baby TV is in. So that would tie in with CN HD still being available. Shhh! they might not notice.
Baby TV was a standalone bolt-on channel before the Kids Pack existed, so it still might be.

Surprised it isn't closing, don't Disney own it these days?
Old 01-11-2021, 14:14   #1702
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Baby TV was a standalone bolt-on channel before the Kids Pack existed, so it still might be.

I understand it's a premium channel on Virgin but in the Kids pack on Sky. I don't think there would be any benefit to Disney in removing a premium lullaby channel from other platforms.
Old 01-11-2021, 18:29   #1703
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Shhh! they might not notice.
Cartoon Network HD has since been removed from my boxes.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Quote:

Maybe Baby TV will be axe as TV Channel when Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild is closing.
Old 02-11-2021, 23:41   #1704
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The bits of WWE that BT Sport have is the bits which are not in WWE Network.

The same goes for Peacock in the US - the bits that BT Sport has are on other networks in the US and are not on Peacock.

I don't think the WWE will offer their premium assets to a streaming service.
Oh no i dont expect the rule to change of RAW/Smackdown being added on the network for four weeks to give the tv rights importance.

But as a streaming platform having the wwe network content would be attractive for DAZN and WWE are looking at making deals.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:45   #1705
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Oh no i dont expect the rule to change of RAW/Smackdown being added on the network for four weeks to give the tv rights importance.

But as a streaming platform having the wwe network content would be attractive for DAZN and WWE are looking at making deals.
Again as i've already told you, DAZN have zero interest in WWE at this stage.
If anything WWE would go back to SKY and even they aren't that interested, WWE isn't the draw it used to be.
Old 03-11-2021, 13:01   #1706
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Again as i've already told you, DAZN have zero interest in WWE at this stage.
If anything WWE would go back to SKY and even they aren't that interested, WWE isn't the draw it used to be.
Hope the WWE don't pick ITV - Look that the joke of the deal AEW got with them.

I can see Discovery or Premier Sports going after the WWE.

With Sky UK coping their sister network Sky Germany by getting the rights to AEW.
Old 03-11-2021, 13:06   #1707
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Before everyone speculates to death, we've still no official confirmation that a deal between DAZN and BT has been done.
Old 03-11-2021, 13:10   #1708
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Before everyone speculates to death, we've still no official confirmation that a deal between DAZN and BT has been done.
Seen rumours that BT results for set to be revealed Tomorrow (November 4th).
Old 03-11-2021, 13:28   #1709
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's done.
Old 03-11-2021, 15:47   #1710
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It's done.

Any proof?
Closed Thread